Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

is it really gona sell out fast ??
    I got my ticket the day b4 last 2 years is it worth buying it earlier ?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

joekeville wrote: »
    is it really gona sell out fast ??
    I got my ticket the day b4 last 2 years is it worth buying it earlier ?:confused:

No especially if you know anyone in Kildare. Always loads of tickets flying around because so many people get the wristbands free because of their location and sell them on.

And am I right in saying Em Sun w/Prodigy and Jay-Z plays Sat Main Stage.

Only really want to see them 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭killyourtv_

I just think the ad's are funny.. ''Oxygen, Europes biggest rock and roll festival. Eminem, Jay-Z and Black Eyed Peas!''

Yes. Well done :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I just think the ad's are funny.. ''Oxygen, Europes biggest rock and roll festival. Eminem, Jay-Z and Black Eyed Peas!''

Yes. Well done :p

Eh they also mention Muse, Kasabian, Mumford and Sons.... Oh wait, Mumford and Sons aren't rock and roll either.... :rolleyes:

There's more rock acts than rap acts. 3 (if you're counting BEP) and that's it. Muse, Kasabian, Wolfmother, Rise Against, Stereophonics and many more vastly outweigh the number of rap/hip-hop artists.

So yeah, they're still right to advertise it as a rock and roll festival.

That_Guy wrote: »

So yeah, they're still right to advertise it as a rock and roll festival.

they are still right to call it that, and it is. but i just found it amusing.

• Advertisement

they are still right to call it that, and it is. but i just found it amusing.

Ah yeah I know why people would find it weird, especially if they've not seen the full lineup I suppose. :)

Ah yeah I know why people would find it weird, especially if they've not seen the full lineup I suppose. :)

thats true.. quite a crap line-up tbh :/

thats true.. quite a crap line-up tbh :/

It's not too bad really. I'm looking forward to seeing the next batch of bands to be announced. 8th of March I believe is the next announcements.

Might go to Pukkelpop instead but it depends on the rest of the lineup.

It's not too bad really. I'm looking forward to seeing the next batch of bands to be announced. 8th of March I believe is the next announcements.

Might go to Pukkelpop instead but it depends on the rest of the lineup.

yess.. the 8th of March announcements is gonna decide whether im going or not :]

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

I'm going just for Eminem, but I'm shocked to hear some guy say that the day times are revealed in mid may, should they not tell you when each band is playing before the tickets go on sale?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Id love if Arctic monkeys and pendulum got announced and some more dance acts like last year, people like tiga, crookers, bloody beetroot's and theres still a chance Justice get added, long shot I know but that would be amazing if they got added.

theniall wrote: »
    the day times are revealed in mid may, should they not tell you when each band is playing before the tickets go on sale?

i've always thought that was ridiculous and they should definitely change that because i wouldnt buy a day ticket with no idea who im gonna see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GreenManalshi

i bought a 3 day camping early bird ticket but now realise that all my mates are going up on the thursday, does anyone know if its possible to buy the fourth day ticket extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

i've always thought that was ridiculous and they should definitely change that because i wouldnt buy a day ticket with no idea who im gonna see.

Agreed, it is a ludicrous situation, can't see why they have it this way other then to have more media attention, ie. press release of acts announced, then another of what days the play on etc....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm going just for Eminem, but I'm shocked to hear some guy say that the day times are revealed in mid may, should they not tell you when each band is playing before the tickets go on sale?

Jesus.

I'm not sure if people know or don't but alot of acts aren't even booked before tickets go on sale. And as for have stage times up earlier... it ain't gonna happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

i bought a 3 day camping early bird ticket but now realise that all my mates are going up on the thursday, does anyone know if its possible to buy the fourth day ticket extra?

Pretty sure last year you were able to just turn up on the thursday and pay the extra 20 or bring your ticket to ticketmaster and pay the 20 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

I heard from a good source their putting a Fence through the middle of the Site this year..

On Arrival you must present your ticket and will be invited to say the Word "Right" to the Security Guard..

If you say "ROISH" or something similiar you will be presented with a Wristband for the Green CampSite where there will be a 24 hour Spa,Showers with Warm Evian Water,Personal Appearances from Ryan Tubridy and the Xpose Team throughout the Weekend and exclusive access to your side of the Arena where u will see Muse,Florence,Mumford and Sons,Vampire Weekend,Paolo Nutini,John Mayer and Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the Top of Your Stage Will be Replaced with the Words "OMG Sooooooo ROISH 10"..

Alternatively If you say "Riiiiiii" you will be presented with a Wristband for the Red Campsite where there will be a 24 Hour Spar,Showers with Recycled Toilet Water from the Green Campsite,Personal Appearances from Bernard Dunne and Xzibit with the Pimp My Ride Team along with Bather Burger Eating and Chewing Gum Spitting Competitions along with Exclusive Access to your Side of the Arena where you will see Eminem,Jay-Zzzzzz,The Prodigy,David Guetta,Faithless,and The Black Eyed Peas along with Many Others..The Words "Oxegen 10" on the top of your Stage will be Replaced with the Words "Are ya Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii 10"

You Heard It here First:p

Too riiiiii!!! :P

Anyone know when the schedule for the weekend will be announced? Only have an interest in Muse and 30STM (hoping they get announced :confused:) so will be going on a day ticket hopefully.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Jesus.

I'm not sure if people know or don't but alot of acts aren't even booked before tickets go on sale. And as for have stage times up earlier... it ain't gonna happen.

That's fair enough.

They should at least tell us what day the headliners are playing before the 12th, hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Osu wrote: »
    No especially if you know anyone in Kildare. Always loads of tickets flying around because so many people get the wristbands free because of their location and sell them on.

And am I right in saying Em Sun w/Prodigy and Jay-Z plays Sat Main Stage.

Only really want to see them 3.

Nope. Muse are headlining on Saturday. Jay Z isn't a mainstage headliner. The Prodigy are playing on Sunday.

nommm wrote: »
    Nope. Muse are headlining on Saturday. Jay Z isn't a mainstage headliner. The Prodigy are playing on Sunday.

Do you know Eminem is playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Do you know Eminem is playing?
    He's playing on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Id love if Arctic monkeys and pendulum got announced and some more dance acts like last year, people like tiga, crookers, bloody beetroot's and theres still a chance Justice get added, long shot I know but that would be amazing if they got added.

Justice, that would be epic. Last year there were big acts announced right up to the middle of may, felix da housecat wasnt announced till then,calvin harris, blizzards. coronas, sawdoctors were all announced in april, so fingers crossed for some more good ones

I wish Oxegen would diversify its lineup like this

If this was the lineup it'd be feckin' amazing... Apart from Kiss. Stick Eminem in there ahead of them and I'd be happy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I wish Oxegen would diversify its lineup like this

If this was the lineup it'd be feckin' amazing... Apart from Kiss. Stick Eminem in there ahead of them and I'd be happy.

Same Rock Im Park is one hell of a line up. Wish i was going back this year

Same Rock Im Park is one hell of a line up. Wish i was going back this year

I've never been but I'm very tempted now. Especially at that price. 150 until Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

anyone know how much the green camp is ? and does it sell out fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MissMiss wrote: »
    Anyone know when the schedule for the weekend will be announced? Only have an interest in Muse and 30STM (hoping they get announced :confused:) so will be going on a day ticket hopefully.

The full schedule for the weekend usually isn't announced until the week before the festival. In previous years, it wasn't released until the day before the festival. I can understand people's desire to know the schedule ASAP as I like to know how many bands I can cram into one day or the whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

ricero wrote: »
    anyone know how much the green camp is ? and does it sell out fast?

Looking to findout the price of this as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

JJ wrote: »

do u buy a camping ticket 1st and then accomodation for the green camp after

Advertisement