Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

Hey lads, have a little question for ye here. As you all know, im only going for the sunday. The Prodigy are obviously gonna play in the dark and Eminem probably will too. Just wondering what time the last performance will finish at as I ll have to catch a bus to Kilkenny in Naas at around midnight. PLZ! :D

Plus does anyone know if there are going to be any additional bus/train services to Clonmel (Kilkenny) that night? Any help hugely appreciate guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

Ok so after almost a week of mulling the whole thing over constantly...Oxegen has been the sole talk of my house since the acts were announced.. I think myself and the hubby are going to go for 2 3 day no camping tickets. We don't want to camp.. simple as. I've been 3 times before and have always had some sort of really bad experience when camping. And without trying to sound like a total snob... alot of the lineup just screams SCUMBAGS!! Either going to book a B&B nearby or just travel up and back on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Jordonvito wrote: »
    Justice, that would be epic. Last year there were big acts announced right up to the middle of may, felix da housecat wasnt announced till then,calvin harris, blizzards. coronas, sawdoctors were all announced in april, so fingers crossed for some more good ones
    Yeah I remember that. I hope tiga plays again, and I see crookers and bloody beetroots have been added to rock werchter, so that hopefully means theyll play oxegen.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I no the acts on Sunday finish earlier then Fri/Sat . I think maybe around 11 . Even though that gives you plenty of time to get the bus from Oxegen i would still try and hop on the bus asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Getting on a bus once the last act has ended is usually a long drawn out process.

But then again if you are into the final act you know the best song will be played for the encore, so its worth sticking and waiting after for the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hey lads, have a little question for ye here. As you all know, im only going for the sunday. The Prodigy are obviously gonna play in the dark and Eminem probably will too. Just wondering what time the last performance will finish at as I ll have to catch a bus to Kilkenny in Naas at around midnight. PLZ! :D

Plus does anyone know if there are going to be any additional bus/train services to Clonmel (Kilkenny) that night? Any help hugely appreciate guys!

You won't be able to see all the last act and make the bus imo. Simple as. Latest the lat act will finish is 11 and on the sunday it will take over an hour to get back into naas as people will be leaving fairly regularly throughout the evening.
    People may disagree but you can cut it fine by staying to the back of the crowd and sprinting after the last song and still not make it. There will be alot of people doing the exact same thing.

When i was at Keane i left straight after they finished and went towards the bus and got on no problem although just as Keane were over Blur were starting to play Song 2 so i skipped the big crowd. On the saturday there was a bigger que and same on the sunday. I would say if you stay near the back at Eminem and then maybe half way during his last song head towards to the bus and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

When i was at Keane i left straight after they finished and went towards the bus and got on no problem although just as Keane were over Blur were starting to play Song 2 so i skipped the big crowd. On the saturday there was a bigger que and same on the sunday. I would say if you stay near the back at Eminem and then maybe half way during his last song head towards to the bus and you should be fine

id be leaving a lot earlier than that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

MissMiss wrote: »
    Ok so after almost a week of mulling the whole thing over constantly...Oxegen has been the sole talk of my house since the acts were announced.. I think myself and the hubby are going to go for 2 3 day no camping tickets. We don't want to camp.. simple as. I've been 3 times before and have always had some sort of really bad experience when camping. And without trying to sound like a total snob... alot of the lineup just screams SCUMBAGS!! Either going to book a B&B nearby or just travel up and back on the bus.

I think this would be more suitable for ye:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SarahSTARRR

WIN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

Lol, thanks but no thanks :P EP is anti teachers, they insist on having it in September when us poor unfortunates are back in work :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

MissMiss wrote: »
    Lol, thanks but no thanks :P EP is anti teachers, they insist on having it in September when us poor unfortunates are back in work :pac:

Oh god help ye, its not like ye get three months off in the summer:p

Oh god help ye, its not like ye get three months off in the summer:p

Haha, sure its over a weekend, and teachers get sick sometimes too.

id be leaving a lot earlier than that :pac:

They were class. Im glad i went to them over Blur tbh. I no a few people who thought Blur were very meh and even left and went and enjoyed Keane better.

Great decision imo

They were class. Im glad i went to them over Blur tbh. I no a few people who thought Blur were very meh and even left and went and enjoyed Keane better.

Great decision imo

I was at blur there were ****e, i wouldn be a big keane fan myself either though

I was at blur there were ****e, i wouldn be a big keane fan myself either though

Yea i knew i would have missed out because i wanted to see both acts but when i got to the 2nd stage for Pendulum i didnt wanna move after them so i stayed for Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

Biffy Clyro and 30STM to be announced Monday...Remember you heard it here first. :cool:

Bazza085 wrote: »
    Biffy Clyro and 30STM to be announced Monday...Remember you heard it here first. :cool:

Have a link by any chance?

30 Seconds To Mars have confirmed themselves already in one of there blogs. Biffy will be no surprise to be added

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭WopTittyPop

How are people forgetting Stereophonics in their "I want to see these bands" list!

Saw them the year before last and they were easily one of the best live bands i've ever seen, and definitely one of the highlights from the 2 years of Oxegen i've been to!

Personally, I don't really like the line up THAT much, but I love the four day camping/drinking session, one of the main reasons i've ever gone!
    I'm lookin forward to Mumford & Sons (definitely a must see!), Stereophonics, John Mayer, Muse, Eminem, Jay-Z, Florence & the Machine (maybe) and Wolfmother!

Hopefully we'll get a few more good bands on the next line-up release too! Them Crooked Vultures would give me a year-round boner!

• Advertisement

How are people forgetting Stereophonics in their "I want to see these bands" list!

Saw them the year before last and they were easily one of the best live bands i've ever seen, and definitely one of the highlights from the 2 years of Oxegen i've been to!

Personally, I don't really like the line up THAT much, but I love the four day camping/drinking session, one of the main reasons i've ever gone!
    I'm lookin forward to Mumford & Sons (definitely a must see!), Stereophonics, John Mayer, Muse, Eminem, Jay-Z, Florence & the Machine (maybe) and Wolfmother!

Hopefully we'll get a few more good bands on the next line-up release too! Them Crooked Vultures would give me a year-round boner!

Yup have seen them 3 times and they are a great live band.

Are Stereophonics rumoured as playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

shoutman wrote: »
    Are Stereophonics rumoured as playing?

No, they were confirmed to play, its on the website
    http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

Seen them in cardiff castle they were whooper cant wait t see them again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Pre-sale codes are just gone out. Anyone need one? I won't be using mine. Just drop a PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Announcements Tomorrow:

I have a very strong source that tells me it will be 30STM, The Script, The Coronas, Biffy, Madness and Arcade Fire.

Disappointing for me. Let's hope my source is full of s**t, not likely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Osu wrote: »
    Announcements Tomorrow:

I have a very strong source that tells me it will be 30STM, The Script, The Coronas, Biffy, Madness and Arcade Fire.

Disappointing for me. Let's hope my source is full of s**t, not likely though.

Madness are likely for the Saturday or Sunday, they're playing in Cork on the Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

would be very happy with arcade fire,madness and biffy! script and coronas can go back to the meteors.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Madness were unbelievable at EP last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Arcade Fire and Biffy! :D

Advertisement