Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

ricero wrote: »
    do u buy a camping ticket 1st and then accomodation for the green camp after

We stayed in green in 2008. Bought our ticket as normal, and then booked with Tangerine Fields -

http://www.tangerinefields.co.uk/index.php?option=com_tfbookings&Itemid=2&func=details&did=41

It's fairly pricey (think we paid €630 for a 6man tent).... but worth it if you don't want to be carrying a load of stuff!! There is a big tent 6 person/3 room tent already pitched and waiting for you when you arrive, along with air-beds and a brand new sleeping bag each (schweet:D)

Green camp site is ok, but not spectacular for the extra money you pay.... Though the showers (you still have to queue for them in the mornings - I didn't bother, said I'd live with the grime for the weekend) and toilets are definitely a lot cleaner than in the other camp sites.

There isn't much choice of food in Green, just a van selling tea/crepes, and another one selling tea/sandwiches (no selection whatsoever:rolleyes:)...... And there seemed to be a LOT of security around, felt like they were watching our every move...... couldn't even smoke a J in peace ffs..... Also, atmosphere was kinda dead, but was nice to be able to go down to Blue, go maad, then wander home at 5 or 6am and actually be able to sleep for a few hours;)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Osu wrote: »
    Announcements Tomorrow:

I have a very strong source that tells me it will be 30STM, The Script, The Coronas, Biffy, Madness and Arcade Fire.

Disappointing for me. Let's hope my source is full of s**t, not likely though.

Oh no, not The Script. Although having said that I don't have to see them I suppose. Tomorrow will make or break as to whether or not I go. I'm teetering on the edge at the moment.

Would like to see Pendulum, Brand New, The Used, Fun Loving Criminals, Biffy Clyro, The Bravery, Seasick Steve, Three Days Grace and Machine Head (very wishful thinking) added to the bill.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Faithless and Arcade Fire have been confirmed via Oxegen facebook page. It says Arcade Fire have a headline slot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Which campsite has a reputation for being better craic, red or blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Caliden wrote: »
    Which campsite has a reputation for being better craic, red or blue?

Which one has better tent burning facilities and potential for riots on Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Arcade fire and Fatboy slim after being added :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Rdaly1

does anyone have a list of who is actually playing on each day?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Rdaly1 wrote: »
    does anyone have a list of who is actually playing on each day?

It seems it won't be announced for a few weeks yet. Hope it doesn't end up being too long because I'd like to suss it out, see if I can manage to see most of what I'd like on one day.

Arcade Fire >>> Kasabian for headline spot on the main stage perhaps? To be honest I think Arcade Fire might be a bit better in one of the tents.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Might actually go now that arcade fire are playing, probably just get a day ticket though, do not wanna camp. I wonder what day they'l be on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Are more being announced or is that it?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Are more being announced or is that it?

I'm hoping for more. Bit sh*t if there's only two artists announced. Maybe they'll have more in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the stuff being said about arcade fire by kids who know **** all on the oxegen facebook is infuriating! theyre brilliant live, would be perfect in a tent but probably too big for a tent. id like them, florence, mumford and sons all in a tent but probably all too big at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm hoping for more. Bit sh*t if there's only two artists announced. Maybe they'll have more in a bit.

there's loads announced already.

EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, THE BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPHONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD & SONS JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS, NEWTON FAULKNER, GOSSIP, THE TEMPER TRAP, EMPIRE OF THE SUN, GOLDFRAPP, LA ROUX, WOLFMOTHER, RISE AGAINST, THE CORAL, BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE, ELLIE GOULDING, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, ARMAND VAN HELDEN, STEVE ANGELLO, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, EROL ALKAN, STEVE AOKI, A-TRAK, AEROPLANE

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Probably go for Arcade Fire's day. Not much interest in the rest of the lineup. Supposedly, they're playing Friday, which is a pain in the arse for getting a single-day ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hopefully more announcements later,hoping for 30STM

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Maybe we will see Kasabian/Arcade Fire co headline slot. Hopefully Kasabian go on the last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

That_Guy wrote: »
    To be honest I think Arcade Fire might be a bit better in one of the tents.

That would want to be one big tent!

Wonder who is going to be left for electric picnic!?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

shoutman wrote: »

Who's going to be left? By this line up - a hell of a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭theniall

Is Eminem 100% playing on Sunday? I'm hearing Friday too :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

theniall wrote: »
    Is Eminem 100% playing on Sunday? I'm hearing Friday too :confused:
    He's playing Sunday. Arcade Fire are headlining on Friday. :)

shoutman wrote: »

Massive Attack hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sleepy_head

Sickened about Arcade Fire!
    Super sickened
    Wasn't planning on going at all as I'm going to Glastonbury already but doesn't look like they're popping by there.
    Ah man :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Wasn't planning on going at all as I'm going to Glastonbury already but doesn't look like they're popping by there.
    Ah man :(

I wouldn't write them off for Glastonbury just yet. No promises, but there seem to be some fairly credible mutterings surfacing all of a sudden about them swinging by.

Oxegen is the first festival they've announced, but by no means the first one they'll play.

They're a strong rumour for Reading and Leads so that means they mightn't be playing Glasto.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Two great acts announced today , finally the festival is starting to take shape hopefully a few surprise acts announced during the week !would love if the Strokes were announced although they said they wont be playing anymore gigs this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

when will it be announced who is playing what days? i might end up going for all the days, but more than likely will go to whatever day jay z is playin

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

seanbmc wrote: »
    Hopefully more announcements later,hoping for 30STM

Theyre playing, not 'officially' announced yet but Jared said in his personal blog that they will be playing and apparently there was an ad in the Irish Indo today with the lineup and they were listed.

DEEEEELIGHTED!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sleepy_head

I like 30stm's new stuff alright though not supremely different from the last album.
    Yeah fingers crossed for Arcade Fire. I'm really excited for the new release. I mean Funeral and Neon Bible are two of the most played albums I have so no expectations for the next! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Thinking of going for the a the "luxury campsite" this year, or maybe one of the pods.

Does anyone know how much they cost last year? (pricing not available for 2010 yet)

Advertisement