Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

shoutman wrote: »
    Wonder who is going to be left for electric picnic!?!

Some acts will play both. Granted Eminem, Jay-Z & Muse probably won't but hopefully some of the others I've highlighted will.

Eminem, Muse, Jay-Z, The Black Eyed Peas, Kasabian, The Prodigy, Florence + The Machine, Paolo Nutini, Faithless, Stereophonics, David Guetta, Vampire Weekend, Mumford & Sons, John Mayer, Hot Chip, Calvin Harris, Newton Faulkner, Gossip, The Temper Trap, Empire Of The Sun, Goldfrapp, La Roux, Wolfmother, Rise Against, The Coral, Broken Social Scene, Ellie Goulding, Two Door Cinema Club, Armand Van Helden, Steve Angello

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Rabbit_Heart

actually cannot wait for arcade fire they are gonna be immense. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

30 Seconds to Mars in the line up on the Oxegen site now! http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=645&Itemid=58 :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone think that Kasabian are'nt headlining ? since they seem to put them quite low down? Also found this on e festivals so we might no the 2nd stage headliners will be

Headlining the Radio 1/NME Stage on Sunday 11th July will be Madness, joining previously announced Friday stage headliners The Black Eyed Peas, and The Prodigy who will headline the same stage on Saturday 10th July.

^^^^Thats about TITP since Madness were announced today

lineupposter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

MissMiss wrote: »
    30 Seconds to Mars in the line up on the Oxegen site now! http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=645&Itemid=58 :)

Woo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 wasssuuup

does anybody know what day who is playing and when do they announce it? i.e when is eminem on?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

wasssuuup wrote: »
    does anybody know what day who is playing and when do they announce it? i.e when is eminem on?!

try reading the thread.

wasssuuup wrote: »

You can go to each artists website and check what day they are playing. Oxegen dont announce officially who is playing each day till closer to July. So you will have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I wonder if Jay Z realises that he is not going to be playing on the main stage. I remember a few years ago Pharrell was on the side stage and seemed quite annoyed about it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Anyone think that Kasabian are'nt headlining ? since they seem to put them quite low down? Also found this on e festivals so we might no the 2nd stage headliners will be

Yeah, I think they'll be second from the top on Friday or Saturday.
    shoutman wrote: »
    I wonder if Jay Z realises that he is not going to be playing on the main stage. I remember a few years ago Pharrell was on the side stage and seemed quite annoyed about it....
    Is Jay Z definately playing on the o2 stage?

nommm wrote: »
    Yeah, I think they'll be second from the top on Friday or Saturday.

Is Jay Z definately playing on the o2 stage?
    Unless they no the other acts will sell Oxegen for most people so maybe thats why they are promoting them so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

€99.50 seems very steep for a one day ticket. Would be worth it if Jay-Z would play the Sunday too, we might see some of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

surely fatboy slim will be playing on the 02 stage?cause i hardly believe they will put him in the dance arena seeing as he is used to playing outdoor stages mainly or maybe i am wrong

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

hey guys,
    really looking forward to oxegen this year, the line up so far is awesome

Prodigy..Mumford and Sons....Arcade Fire...Eminem.. list goes on

but i has a question: (may have been answered already but im fcuked if reading through 800+ posts:pac:)
    Pay day for me is the 23rd, 11 days after tickets go on sale. Do ye reckon i will be ok waiting till then or should I borrow the €120 deposit just to be safe?? I'll be looking for a 4day red camp ticket if that makes any difference??

any info/help much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i think it will end up like this

friday: kasabian then arcade fire top the bill
    i think either prodigy or fat boy slim will be on the 02 stage
    saturday: black eyed peas (to be honest i think they should play during the daytime like gaga nd lilly allen did last year) then muse
    sunday: jay z and eminem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Lets hope its sunny :D

agreed last year was a wash out

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MissMiss

Wishful thinking there :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

Hey guys, I'm only wanting to go to the day eminem is there this year,, can someone tell me what day he is headlining?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

dannym08 wrote: »
    hey guys,

but i has a question: (may have been answered already but im fcuked if reading through 800+ posts:pac:)
    Pay day for me is the 23rd, 11 days after tickets go on sale. Do ye reckon i will be ok waiting till then or should I borrow the €120 deposit just to be safe?? I'll be looking for a 4day red camp ticket if that makes any difference??

I seriously doubt they'll sell out. They didn't sell out at all last year.
    Also, the colour of your campsite doesn't matter, you go wherever you want when you get inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

dannym08 wrote: »
    hey guys,

i got mine the day before it last year, and last year only the saturday day tickets sold out like that day or before it, so i wouldn worry about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

mate of mines daughter and friends are heading down for the 1st time this year, when purchasing camping tickets do you get a choice of which campsite to go to? which would be the safest(less scumbags), any help would be much appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

RastaRed wrote: »
    mate of mines daughter and friends are heading down for the 1st time this year, when purchasing camping tickets do you get a choice of which campsite to go to? which would be the safest(less scumbags), any help would be much appreciated?

On your ticket it says either red or blue, but you can choose whichever one you want. I was in blue last year, and it was grand. Though I was in a fairly secluded part. From what I heard, and kind of trouble was in red. I could be wrong about that though.

Though no matter which one you're in, there's gonna be trouble, such is the nature of Oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

oxegen is completely random, it doesnt matter if you have red/blue, you can go where you like. its simply to get people not to all use the same entrance.

in terms of avoiding scumbags i camp a bit further away from the entrance to the concert area, in one of the corners that are bounded by fences/trees/shrubs i.e the only people heading to these areas are people camping near you, its not access to anywhere else. not right beside the fences/trees though because thats where people piss!

the closer you are to the concert area gates the more jammers it will be and noisy with people coming and going 24hrs.tents are on top of eachother where if you are willing to walk 10 minutes further back you can set up with space for you and ur mates to sit around.

dont camp near main walkways, your tent will get wrecked.not too close to toilets either, ground can get soggy and smelly. and most importantly try to be on high ground!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Hey guys just thought i'd get this thread going again as this year will be my first.. Were there much of a 'dodgey' crowd around last year?

Also, would you advise bringing a padlock or the likes for the tent? i'll probably get a locker anyway just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

any idea what day kasabian are playing

nothing on thier site

aflib wrote: »
    any idea what day kasabian are playing

nothing on thier site

im getting some strong rumours it will be friday night. cannot wait to see dem myself they will dominate the stage pure class:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Kasabian were epic at the o2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Thinking of bringing a lot of drink this year,but worried that someone will just nick it all :(. Is wrapping it all up in clingfilm or something good?

Advertisement