Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

just been offered a free one day ticket...ye ha

any news on whos playing what days do i can decide which day to go!!!!
    I reckon people are just coming on here to boast that they won tickets! How did you manage to get a free one day ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

cause im focking special :D:D:D:D:D

lets just say one good turn deserves another i turned!!!! and the ticket is my another......:)

ust reading that is sounds filty he he !!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Reiss Avfc

I'm only gonna be 16 going to oxygen? do they really check the id ? or would i get away with using a mates passport or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

They were checking ID the last time I went which was 2 years, but only generally for those who looked very young.

hmm i see, would be gay to not get in :(

• Advertisement

You could maybe try with someone else's ID... not guaranteeing it, nor am I condoning it... but might be worth a shot...

yeah thats what i was thinking, we'll see how it goes, i just checked incase i end up going there and sitting outside for the 3 days lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

is there anything we could do to keep the knackers out this year?
    place has been flooded with them last few years

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

conno16 wrote: »
    is there anything we could do to keep the knackers out this year?
    place has been flooded with them last few years

hmmm maybe try staying at home this year then.

No more of this shi-te talk please. Talk about the event not who you want/don't want in the crowd everyone already knows what they're letting themselves in for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Reiss Avfc wrote: »
    yeah thats what i was thinking, we'll see how it goes, i just checked incase i end up going there and sitting outside for the 3 days lol

If you font get in, maybe you could ask someone in the queue to sign you in? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

lordgoat wrote: »
    hmmm maybe try staying at home this year then.

No more of this shi-te talk please. Talk about the event not who you want/don't want in the crowd everyone already knows what they're letting themselves in for.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Awww Jill, it ain't going to be anything like that vid, make sure you get into the pit for them if they're on the main stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I know, I know. I saw them last time they played Oxegen and a bunch of twelve year olds spent the duration of their set trying to crawl through my shoulderblades to get closer to the stage in time for Razorlight. But... still... Arcade Fire is Arcade Fire, and to be honest, after them I wouldn't care if the remainder of the lineup was composed of three days' worth of Crystal Swing tribute acts and people even the All Ireland Talent Show would turn away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Cant wait. loads of work. Lots of hours back stage.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

TITP are announcing more acts tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Does anybody know what way it works when booking the Tangerine fields.. Six of us thinking of booking the six man tent package, do they ask for confirmation of six tickets or just the person who's booking??? Any help would be great, im going away on thursday and dont want to leave ppl stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

mooeire wrote: »
    Does anybody know what way it works when booking the Tangerine fields.. Six of us thinking of booking the six man tent package, do they ask for confirmation of six tickets or just the person who's booking??? Any help would be great, im going away on thursday and dont want to leave ppl stuck

Not sure but I know the details are being released on the 25th, for sale the 26th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Alri folks first time to Oxegen this year.QUESTION:Mate of mine is borrowing a van of the oul lad, can we go in and out to the van whenever we choose.And also can we go in and out to get our daily booze out of the van.I understand also its a bit of a walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

DanHendrix wrote: »
    Alri folks first time to Oxegen this year.QUESTION:Mate of mine is borrowing a van of the oul lad, can we go in and out to the van whenever we choose.And also can we go in and out to get our daily booze out of the van.I understand also its a bit of a walk.

If you are useing it like a campervan, there is a few things. All the users need a ticket for the blue campsite and then purchase a ticket from ticket master, €60.

If you just want to park it then its ok to come and go (i think), you can also get free parking if you provide 4 weekend tickets.

• Advertisement

You can't bring a regular van to sleep in. You need to have an actual campervan if you want to sleep in it, otherwise you won't be allowed in to the campervan parking area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

You can't bring a regular van to sleep in. You need to have an actual campervan if you want to sleep in it, otherwise you won't be allowed in to the campervan parking area.

You can sleep in the normal carpark though, we had to do this last year when our tents collapsed. There was a lot of people doing the same. Although, I wouldn't recommend 4 people sleeping in a seat ibiza hatchback for 2 nights..

And yeah you can come and go as much as you want, although it's a bit of a walk from the carpark to the campsite and you have to go through security each time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea if its only the 2 of ye that will be using the Van i would recommend parking the car at one of the Park & Ride places so all you have to do is hop on a bus and be there pretty quickly. It will save you €60 if it is only 2 of ye but if there is 4 of ye then get the free car parking ticket and park in the car park

I think a normal car park pass is only about €20 or €25 anyway, so cheaper than a camper van one if you're just planning on sleeping in a normal van.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Madness playing T In The Park. Chances are quite high I'd say that they're playing Oxegen too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I'm planning to go on the Saturday only.
    There will be 6 of us, and i was thinking of driving up a camper van, parking it in the park & ride at Goffs (don't wanna drive up anywhere near the venue itself). I know that loads of people sleep in the p & r, in cars and transits etc, but can't remember if there we're any campers. Would there be any problem in doing this and is there a max headroom when entering the park & ride car park?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Thanks for the help..Theres 4 of us and we got a car park ticket..Were gonna bring tents anyway we just wanna store THINGS in the van. Will there be many more good acts announced for it..Hope Blink 182 or Paramore come over. Although I believe Paramore are supporting Green Day in Marlay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Thanks for the help..Theres 4 of us and we got a car park ticket..Were gonna bring tents anyway we just wanna store THINGS in the van. Will there be many more good acts announced for it..Hope Blink 182 or Paramore come over. Although I believe Paramore are supporting Green Day in Marlay.
    Paramore are supporting Green Day, so yeah they're out.
    Blink has very strong rumors going around of them playing the o2 on the 31st of august. They're not doing Europe til august anyway so they're out Also.

Yeah that's grand, we did that last year, very handy, means you only need your drink for the day and the rest won't get robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 splash137

Hi folks,

Just a quick few questions about getting to Oxegen 2010;

• Are there any bus services running daily from Maynooth to Punchestown, if so from where, what times, how much?
    • Otherwise, if I park at Goff's, how long does the Shuttle Buses take to get to punchestown?
    • And how long usually would it take to get back to Goffs that night on the buses?

Thanks.

Advertisement