Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

splash137 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just a quick few questions about getting to Oxegen 2010;

• Are there any bus services running daily from Maynooth to Punchestown, if so from where, what times, how much?
    • Otherwise, if I park at Goff's, how long does the Shuttle Buses take to get to punchestown?
    • And how long usually would it take to get back to Goffs that night on the buses?

Thanks.

The buses are pretty frequent going to and from Oxegen , i did it last year and was in naas pretty quick after the bands. Plus u could have a change of clothes in the car in case you get destroyed

oh Groove Aramada have confirmed themselves for the 9th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

They were checking ID the last time I went which was 2 years, but only generally for those who looked very young.

They were checking ID heavily from what I saw on the thursday. I'm 18 but look older and got ID'd, luckily I had it. :D Think it became less strict as the days passed though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

1) SHORT PANTS
    the long pants get wrecked as theres mud everywhere, rain or shine! so shorts/ 3/4 lenghts, skirts and sun dresses all the way, and a nice pair a wellies
    2) CAMPING CHAIRS
    Chairs are very much taken for granted in our society, you realise this when you need to sit down and your suronded by mud/ k.o'd people
    3) SUN CREAM
    speaks for itself
    4)PLASTIC BOTTLES/LIDS
    Can never have enough

also make sure you have ALL the parts of the tent - rain covers come in suprisingly handy.

(5) Bog roll\paper hankies the always run out in the toilets after 1/2 days
    (6) baby wipes quick scrub and you will feel all the fresher for it
    (7) sun glasses - i've a felling in my bones it is going to be a scorcher this year
    (8) toothpaste/tooth brush is essential especially after four days of it
    JoseJones wrote: »
    How much drink should I bring?

You will need 3 x 1 litres bottles of ballygowan water bottles -empty them fill them with buckfast and freeze them the night before you travel that way they will be some way cold for the weekend(essential when drinking buckfast) . I recommend one for friday/saturday/sunday.

Four flagons of linden...carrying cans around is a pain in the arse and fagons is generally all you need after the bucky. If at all possible leave half you drink in a cooler in the boot of the car and go out on say the saturday morning to get the rest

2 little bottle (1 litre vodka and 1 liter of mixer)

I thnk this shoudl stand you in good sted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i just go with 2 crates, none of that fancy stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

df1985 wrote: »
    i just go with 2 crates, none of that fancy stuff!

make sure its not excelsior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Corkfeen wrote: »
    They were checking ID heavily from what I saw on the thursday. I'm 18 but look older and got ID'd, luckily I had it. :D Think it became less strict as the days passed though.:rolleyes:

What id is accepted? Does anyone know if you can use school swipe cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

only passports/drivers license/garda ID i'd say.

no chance of them accepting school cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone know which day Eminem is performing for for sure?? Im pretty certain its sunday evening just want to be 100%

To all the people saying its gonna be a 'knacker' fest or 'scumbag' fest i know why ye think that and its only because ye only like rock and dance music and are ignorant and unbelievably stereotypical people end of story.
    I was at punchestown in 2003 i think it was, at the eminem show wasn't any more trouble that you find at any other concert, and once eminem came on to the stage it was complete admiration and overall a very enjoyable night apart from the drizzle that came down on and off, im certain this time his show is gonna be much better because hes only coming over for 3 shows

Seamus Heaney once said of eminem- He is the voice of a generation....and something else i cant remember :D

Next announcement in the next 48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To all the people saying its gonna be a 'knacker' fest or 'scumbag' fest i know why ye think that and its only because ye only like rock and dance music and are ignorant and unbelievably stereotypical people end of story.

I'd venture that the folks who are suggesting that are saying so more in relation to past experiences of the festival than Eminem himself. I don't begrudge anybody their fun at a festival, but the Oxegen crowd is just not really my crowd and the atmosphere doesn't really suit me.

If it weren't for one of the rarer bands on the lineup, I wouldn't be going at all.

Chris007 wrote: »
    What id is accepted? Does anyone know if you can use school swipe cards?

you can, my friends used them last year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Anyone know which day Eminem is performing for for sure?? Im pretty certain its sunday evening just want to be 100%

I was at punchestown in 2003 i think it was, at the eminem show wasn't any more trouble that you find at any other concert, and once eminem came on to the stage it was complete admiration and overall a very enjoyable night apart from the drizzle that came down on and off, im certain this time his show is gonna be much better because hes only coming over for 3 shows

Seamus Heaney once said of eminem- He is the voice of a generation....and something else i cant remember :D

Eminem is pop music, as music as any of the other acts on that line up. Oxegen will always have trouble due to the amount of people (with a large proportion under 20, out to get completely hammered) that go to it, not for any particular artist.

He's the voice of a generation as much as britney spears, the spice girls were and lady gaga and michael buble are.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

when will a full listing of performers for each day be released???????? Dont want to buy the day tickets til I know for sure who is performing!! Thanks:)

more acts been announced on the paul mcloon show tonight on today fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bambi86

This year will be my first time at Oxygen....getting tickets from my friend...think im getting a 3day pass, although would i be mad just to go for one of the days or should I go for the whole weekend?!

Advise anyone??

Added on Today FM:

Laura Marling
    Fox Avenue

Bambi86 wrote: »
    This year will be my first time at Oxygen....getting tickets from my friend...think im getting a 3day pass, although would i be mad just to go for one of the days or should I go for the whole weekend?!

Advise anyone??

whatever you think yourself, although if your going for the drinking, and your a very inexperienced drinker then the 3 days will be tough, but you should be grand for the three days

Added on Today FM:

Laura Marling
    Fox Avenue

i wish he would just announce them in one go,

Julian Casablanca
    Earth Wind And Fire
    Dizzee Rascal
    Groove Armada
    Jamie T
    The Cribs
    Black Keys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Bambi86

whatever you think yourself, although if your going for the drinking, and your a very inexperienced drinker then the 3 days will be tough, but you should be grand for the three days

Im DEFINITELY a good drinker....just dont know if I could handle to festival thing for 3 days.....but I may as well try it out, it will be an experience!! :) Thanks!!

Bambi86 wrote: »
    Im DEFINITELY a good drinker....just dont know if I could handle to festival thing for 3 days.....but I may as well try it out, it will be an experience!! :) Thanks!!

i only noticed the 86 beside your name now, thought you were a young lad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

line up is kinda dissappointing.. or am I the only one who thinks this..

Julian Casablanca
    Earth Wind And Fire
    Dizzee Rascal
    Groove Armada
    Jamie T
    The Cribs
    Fox Avenue
    The Stranglers
    Laura Marling

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Julian Casablancas is a decent addition, hopefully he may play a couple of Strokes tunes.
    Dizzee and Florence to perform together perhaps...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Some very good additions to the line-up.

People commenting on facebook are making me facepalm though.
    'This is supposed to be a rock'n'roll weekend, please get the Script to play' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Chase & Status were also confirmed tonight.

Vitalic's self-confirmed according to his Myspace; he'll be playing on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dezki

gonna be my first time this year, can't wait. Few questions tho:
    bought my tickets via standard mail months ago and still haven't arrived. Any idea when they do?
    And will a photocopy of passport do?? dont wanna lose the real thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

dezki wrote: »
    gonna be my first time this year, can't wait. Few questions tho:
    bought my tickets via standard mail months ago and still haven't arrived. Any idea when they do?
    And will a photocopy of passport do?? dont wanna lose the real thing!!

Ticketmaster won't post tickets out till around 3 weeks before to combat touting. Not sure about the photocopy. Why don't you just get a garda id?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Get a colour photocopy of your passport and bring it to the Garda station and get them to sign and stamp it. One of my friends has done that for the past two years although last year she found it difficult to find somewhere who'd do the photocopying.

Advertisement