Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Bambi86 wrote: »
    This year will be my first time at Oxygen....getting tickets from my friend...think im getting a 3day pass, although would i be mad just to go for one of the days or should I go for the whole weekend?!

Advise anyone??

My advise is to catch a cheap flight to Denmark and attend the awesome Roskilde. if you are born in 1986 as your name alludes to then your too old for oxegen :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

My advise is to catch a cheap flight to Denmark and attend the awesome Roskilde. if you are born in 1986 as your name alludes to then your too old for oxegen :p
    The tickets cost nearly as much as Oxegen's, and that's before you factor in flights and travel.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Pace2008 wrote: »
    The tickets cost nearly as much as Oxegen's, and that's before you factor in flights and travel.

Yea but then when you get there everything will be cheaper and better. Thats how i felt about Rock Im Park 09

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Breaking news on RTE.ie, Oxygen has been cancelled for 2010! :eek:
    Annual music festival Oxygen has been cancelled this year due to health and safety concerns after the grass has been found to have a disease that can be dangerous to humans. Gerlachia nivalis; Fusarium spp is a fungal condition that can attack the lungs with its spores and cause breathing difficulties.

The event organisers have said "Everyone who has bought tickets will get a full refund, and the event can and most definitely will go ahead next year. Due to the funds and organisation involved it is impossible for us to get a new venue in time for this years festival. We are truly sorry for any upset we have caused fans and hope people understand the safety implications".

www.rte.ie/news/0456/oxygen.html

There's going to be uproar..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

DKZ wrote: »
    Breaking news on RTE.ie, Oxygen has been cancelled for 2010! :eek:

www.rte.ie/news/0456/oxygen.html

There's going to be uproar..

Happy april fools day all:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 JAndrews

dannym08 wrote: »
    Happy april fools day all:rolleyes:

no **** sherlock! :D
    ..as if anyone would fall for that! :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

JAndrews wrote: »
    no **** sherlock! :D
    ..as if anyone would fall for that! :cool:

you'd be surprised, today has been too easy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

Muse have polls up on their site so that you can vote for your top 3 songs you want played at all their gigs this summer oxegen included Link Vote for older songs please :) because they are gona play the hits anyway. Voted for Citizen erased, showbiz and muscle museum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

paul150 wrote: »
    Muse have polls up on their site so that you can vote for your top 3 songs you want played at all their gigs this summer oxegen included Link Vote for older songs please :) because they are gona play the hits anyway. Voted for Citizen erased, showbiz and muscle museum

assassin is winning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

ricero wrote: »
    assassin is winning :D
    Citizen erased is winning? They are only gona play atleast one song from the top 5 in the poll, not necessarily the song which has the most votes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fox Avenue. :(

Saw them at 30 Seconds To Mars and I thought they were woeful.

This will give us and idea. Surprised M&S and headlining the King Tuts

2010lineup.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

will a garda card work as id?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

What does a 4 day camping ticket mean?

Do I have to pay extra for pitching my tent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I don't think so... although they would if they could I'd say. :rolleyes:

Are they charging for camping on the thursday again this year?

I don't think so... although they would if they could I'd say. :rolleyes:

Are they charging for camping on the thursday again this year?

Thanks and yeah, it's 20 or so extra if you want to camp Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michaelerica

hi all,

myself and 4 others are heading to oxy just for the 1 day we were hoping to head to dublin on the friday head out in city for the friday night and head to oxy on the sat......
    was just wondering if anyone knew of apartments that we could stay in thats easy access to the buses to and from oxy??

someone recommmend christchurch just on the liffey......

any replies appriecated....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

paul150 wrote: »

Loving the fact that they are doing this.

I voted Uno, Assasin and Space Dementia. I'd be happy if we got any of the top 5 songs at the moment. :D

If you are voting please don't vote for Uprising, Feeling Good, supermassive black hole or Knights of Cydonia cos they play them songs at every single gig anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Voted Assassin, Bliss and time is running out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ilovethearsenal

What have they done to oxegen????? im still gutted, jay z, eminem at our rock festival :mad::mad::mad::mad: chav central. is jay even a music artist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

What have they done to oxegen????? im still gutted, jay z, eminem at our rock festival :mad::mad::mad::mad: chav central. is jay even a music artist

He has several music albums so I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes he is a music artist.

Ah theres 'chavs' going to be there regardless. It'll be no more then other years. Stick to yourself, they're hamless if you do. And besides there aren't many rock bands these days are there, i mean proper rock like ac/dc, guns n roses?? In my opinion muse and kasabian are the best rock bands out at the moment ( if you'd call then rock, again its not ac/dc but i like them ).

Im happy with this years lineup, good variaty, should be good craic!

..and honestly though , who doesn't like eminem regardless of what music your into. Everyone knows his songs, the place will be unreal once he comes onto the stage - and im not even that big a fan of him, but i personaly cant wait! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

leave this for the facebook page, we're all sick of this tired argument

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

hi all,

myself and 4 others are heading to oxy just for the 1 day we were hoping to head to dublin on the friday head out in city for the friday night and head to oxy on the sat......
    was just wondering if anyone knew of apartments that we could stay in thats easy access to the buses to and from oxy??

someone recommmend christchurch just on the liffey......

any replies appriecated....!!

augustine apartments!! cannot recommend the place highly enough, really is fantastic! right on the liffey too!

http://www.augustineapartments.com/

Anyone know when the days that the acts are performing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Hasn't been fully announced yet by the festival, but a few people have worked it out from the bands availability and websites and what have you over on the Oxegen forum.

http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=11014&mpage=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What are the chances of the most under-rated band in music history Doves being at Oxygen?

What are the chances of the most under-rated band in music history Doves being at Oxygen?

They played last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They played last year
    This year though

• Advertisement

What are the chances of Calvin Harris David Guetta and The Prodigy being on the main stage?

Reason I ask is myself and the guys want to be in the circle from late afternoon and just stay there all night til the last act.. and those two are the only dancey acts i want to see that may not be on the mainstage. So im hoping both they wont clash and we can keep our place! :cool:

edit: and faithless aswell come to think of it! :/

Advertisement