Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

3Oh!3,
    Bombay
    Bicycle Club, Corinne
    Bailey Rae,
    D12,
    Detroit Social Club,
    Drake,
    Hilltop Hoods,
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble,
    Joshua Radin,
    Kids in Glass Houses,
    Pearl and the Puppets,
    The Knux,
    Unicorn Kid
    and Yeasayer.

Added to TITP

Kate Nash has been confirmed via Today FM and Bell X1 confirmed themselves for the Sunday. Also found this on Hot Press so hopefully the last one is true

More Oxegen additions are expected later in the day, with a lot of talk about The Libertines including Punchestown in their summer itinerary.

Another name that’s been mentioned in dispatches is Them Crooked Vultures, so here’s hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The Libertines would be ridiculously brilliant, can't see it happening though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

TCV would be immense.

Corona's confirmed on Today FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Corona's confirmed on Today FM

WOW! :P

More announcements on Today FM between 7 and 8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 leah2009

cant go this year :( was ment to be goin got tickets two but got a surprise holiday to america the same time :) after i bought the tickets cant even bring them back love the line up but looking forward to holiday now

Cant remember all of the additions, some were already announced just confirmed tonight. I know The Editors, Doves, Scouting For Girls were confirmed along with 10 others, nothing too exciting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Every time I read this thread I feel like this :(:confused:
    They keep making good announcements.

I'm going to Electric Picnic and wish some of the acts announced for this are added to EP. There are some really good bands playing Oxegen this year and I can't understand why people think that it's a poor line-up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

love the editors and doves

I think its a great line up. Just this latest announcement is a bit of an anti climax, especially considering hot press said libertines might play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

really wanted editors and doves at EP. oxegen is startin to look better in fairness, cant complain im going to TITP so its pretty much the same!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ROTTING CHRIST

They'd wanna seriously cop on with the prices, I'm not going unless I can get a 3-day (camping or non) for €100. Nearly €250 for 4-day camping is a ripoff and taking the p1ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

They'd wanna seriously cop on with the prices, I'm not going unless I can get a 3-day (camping or non) for €100. Nearly €250 for 4-day camping is a ripoff and taking the p1ss.
    No way you'll get a ticket for 100e!!it's not that bad consiering you get what 10 concerts of really good bands and loads of others so really you're paying like 2o euro for a concert.Plus the fact the buzz will be unreal really justifies the price for me.

Yeah really 100 quid would be way too low, when you compare the price of Oxegen to other UK festivals of the same size, it is only slightly dearer. Considering the price of individual Irish concerts are dearer anyway, you have to expect oxegen to be a bit more expensive than other festivals. Ok, European festivals tend to be cheaper but most things are cheaper on the continent. Also, compare the price of and line up of oxegen to the other main Irish festival, EP, and I think Oxegen is very fairly priced

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Anyone know where I can get info of who is playing each day? Can only afford to go one day and want to pick the best day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

sillymoo wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get info of who is playing each day? Can only afford to go one day and want to pick the best day!

http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=11014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Does any one know or can point me in the direction of finding out if busses are being run from Belfast or Newry to Oxegen on the Saturday.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Whats the chances of Madness playing, their in Cork on the 9th July and no dates for a while after.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 claudiaiscool

Would it be worth it to go on the Friday just for the day? i cant go any other days :(:(:( are people just unpacking or are there good enough bands on that day?
    pleaaaaaase reply anybody.....

Plan B confirmed on the Late Late Show last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

great :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Anybody know anywhere to buy small foldable trolleys or similar to help getting drink and everything else to the campsite?? They sell them in the green tent company but i presume you pick your stuff up from them in the campsite so no point in getting one from them.. Bray/Dublin area be great, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

They were brutal!

constant falsetto is a copout, not a talent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Anyone else gettin an access denied message for this link?

Im registered n logged in

Kele (From Bloc Party) confirmed himself at a gig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

unreggd wrote: »
    Anyone else gettin an access denied message for this link?

Im registered n logged in

The site admin removed that page (or at least made it for admin use only) as it showed a break down of who was playing on what day.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

The site admin removed that page (or at least made it for admin use only) as it showed a break down of who was playing on what day.

Saw this up on the Oxegen Forum
    http://2010.oxegen.ie/wp-content/themes/oxegen/images/lineup-poster.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

ronan.h wrote: »

That poster is completly wrong if you check the bands own web sites

Vampire weekend and Mumford are down to play the Sat on their own site

I think when I checked before Dave Guetta was as well

Advertisement