Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Unfortunately, due to illness, Wolfmother have had to cancel their full European tour including their appearance at OXEGEN.

Airbourne have also had to cancel their OXEGEN show due to scheduling difficulties.

We’d like to apologise to fans on behalf of the bands for any disappointment caused. More artists for OXEGEN will be announced soon.

Not happy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Dance line up, fairly crap, few acts I'd like to see alright but nowhere near as good as previous years and I've seen most of them before. Glad I'm going to Pukkelpop instead :)

FRIDAY 9TH JULY
    SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO
    EROL ALKAN
    VITALIC*
    AEROPLANE
    FRED FALKE*
    PRIMARY 1*
    OU EST LE SWIMMING POOL*
    DUBLIN STREETS*
    DJ GORDO + DJ CHURCH*

SATURDAY 10TH JULY
    ARMAND VAN HELDEN
    A-TRAK
    LOUIS LA ROCHE*
    DJ VILLA*
    FRENCH HORN REBELLION*
    BITCHES WITH WOLVES*
    STEVE AOKI
    DAVID E. SUGAR*

SUNDAY 11TH JULY
    STEVE ANGELLO
    CHASE & STATUS
    FAKE BLOOD*
    JESSE ROSE*
    THE GOLDEN FILTER*
    POPOF*
    AL GIBBS*
    VOGUE*

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

dario28 wrote: »
    what ya talking about al gibbs is there..leg-end

she walked across the dancefloor that night she was dressed to kil.....she used to be a lady...she liked to get her thrills.....
    ah now go home will ya! its a ****e line up in the dance arena this year, face it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Not happy :(

I was looking forward to seeing Wolfmother in Belgium. Bollocks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

ah now go home will ya! its a ****e line up in the dance arena this year, face it.

dont think it was serious man-sarcasm!

• Advertisement

just occured to me, what happens if the iceland volcano starts fartin again and bands cant get from t in the park to oxegen and vice versa? im going to t in the park, will be gettin ferry from belfast if im stuck but reckon the bands will do the same? especially if say theyre due on the next day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

That dance arena line up is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

df1985 wrote: »
    just occured to me, what happens if the iceland volcano starts fartin again and bands cant get from t in the park to oxegen and vice versa? im going to t in the park, will be gettin ferry from belfast if im stuck but reckon the bands will do the same? especially if say theyre due on the next day?

Now now none of that! Let's keep optimistic :D

i know its unlikely with the regulations being changed recently to let airplanes fly closer to the ash but we have to be realistic in case it were to happen. could be a lot of angry drunk/drugged people!

could ya imagine if eminem couldnt come after not showing a few years back.......wouldnt bother me but others would be raging!

could be a nightmare if headlining acts were to be stuck and forced to cancel. would you get any sort of refund? what would they put on instead if they had no bands!.......doesnt bare thinking about really.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Most of the acts over the weekend travel from the uk by ferry. The only ones to worry about would be Fri acts.

• Advertisement

They said on the Oxegen website that all of the acts will be using tour busses. On one of their blogs I think it was, I don't have a link handy.

seanbmc wrote: »
    They said on the Oxegen website that all of the acts will be using tour busses. On one of their blogs I think it was, I don't have a link handy.

Yup sure how would the bands get all their gear over?? The bands crew would usually go on the ferry and the bigger stars would probably fly and then the bus would pick them up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really the only worry with the volcano might be acts coming from afar who can't get a boat, but any act that makes it to T, will make it to oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

If anyone wants to see a rough day breakdown check out
    http://forums.oxegen.ie/tm.aspx?m=12622

Hey,

I don't know how accurate this is ....John Mayer is defo playing on the Friday night!

jamieh wrote: »
    Hey,

I don't know how accurate this is ....John Mayer is defo playing on the Friday night!

It is pretty accurate since nearly all of them were checked via myspace and the bands official websites. We didnt no what day JM was on so we guessed since he was playing TITP on the Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401455/Trail/searchtext%3ETENT.htm

anyone pick this tent up or anyone have any experiance with this brand of a tent, will i be rain free?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

What does a 4 day camping ticket mean?

Do I have to pay extra for pitching my tent?

4 day camping ticket means you camp for FOUR days duhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

but1er wrote: »
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3401455/Trail/searchtext%3ETENT.htm

anyone pick this tent up or anyone have any experiance with this brand of a tent, will i be rain free?

Don't do it
    1200mm hydrostatic head.

Not good enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

http://2010.oxegen.ie/2985/news/red-bull-music-academy-%e2%80%93-full-line-up-announced/

Red Bull Music Academy Stage Full Line-Up:
    Friday 9th July:
    Chipmunk, Tinie Tempah, Gabriella Cilmi, Darwin Deez, MemoryHouse, Colm K (FreeStyle MellowShip), Andreya Triana, The Capitals.
    Saturday 10th July:
    The Drums, Dirty Projectors, Wild Beasts, Alex Metric, Jackmaster, Space Dimension Controller, Illum Sphere, The Minutes.
    Sunday 11th July:
    Broken Social Scene, Delphic, Jamie Lidell, Local Natives, Hudson Mohawke, Cecile, Robot Koch, Planet Parade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Don't do it

Not good enough

be grand hahahaha

ma picked it up this morning its gona be a sunny oxegen :)

• Advertisement

With regards to the dance arena I'd say these guys are worth checking out, Simian Mobile Disco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV5QiKMJZnM&feature=related

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

seanbmc wrote: »
    With regards to the dance arena I'd say these guys are worth checking out, Simian Mobile Disco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV5QiKMJZnM&feature=related

god ye they are a beast !!!!!!

do people know when the actual table of what day and stage bands are playin ??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

the dance arena looks crap!!!!!!! barely any good acts dis year!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Does anyone know when the official schedule will be released? Also can anyone tell me is it a far walk from where the buses drop you off to the camping site? A friend of mine that is thinking of going was in a car accident a few months ago and it's difficult for to walk long distances. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

hayser wrote: »
    Does anyone know when the official schedule will be released? Also can anyone tell me is it a far walk from where the buses drop you off to the camping site? A friend of mine that is thinking of going was in a car accident a few months ago and it's difficult for to walk long distances. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about the schedule, but it's quite a trek from the buses to the campsite. And the queues are mental going in as well. We were waiting for at least an hour before we got in. Then it was a good twenty minute walk after that to where we put our tent, but that's because we were at the far end of the blue site.

If you could wait until later in the day to go in it'd be a good idea. the queues most likely wouldn't be quite as bad then.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

How does it work when your going in? do they take your ticket and give you a wristband or do you have to go somewhere before the festival to get it scanne d and get a wristband??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

When your going in, at least this happened last year, they take your ticket, rip the stubb off and give you a wristband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deb19

hey all, im an aussie going to o2 2010. cant wait, however im in a **** situation.. im going by myself so im not campiung so can any locals give me a name or number of near by bb???? or can someone send me a link to the the thread where i can swap or sell my ticket.. im trying to get a camping ticket but oxegen and ticketmaster wont allow me to so i have to swap or sell it instead..
    cheers deb19

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

When your going in, at least this happened last year, they take your ticket, rip the stubb off and give you a wristband.
    Thanks for the reply.
    Il have one of the print off tickets though so whats the story with them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

Deb19 wrote: »
    hey all, im an aussie going to o2 2010. cant wait, however im in a **** situation.. im going by myself so im not campiung so can any locals give me a name or number of near by bb???? or can someone send me a link to the the thread where i can swap or sell my ticket.. im trying to get a camping ticket but oxegen and ticketmaster wont allow me to so i have to swap or sell it instead..
    cheers deb19

Theres a thread for information on selling/swaping tickets http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055271203

Im not sure whether or not your a bit late for the B&B situation, but if u google b&bs in the puncherstown area im sure something will come up for you. http://www.irishtourist.com/kildare/towns/punchestown/ Also I dont think there is many that would be within a short walking distance?

Advertisement