Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

RedRebel92 wrote: »
    sure they mite be on different times?? or is it coz they're headliners they'll be on the same time??

They'e all headliners so they will all be on around the same time as each other. Only hope is, maybe Muse will be on late like in '07. They didnt start til 12.30 or somethin, would give time to check out some1 else

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

seanbmc wrote: »
    Saturday is good, Florence, then Kasabian, then MUSE :D

Savage! Can't wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pixietwist wrote: »
    Hey so the story is that Im basically heading to Oxegen by myself due to the friends having a lack of funds issue! :confused:Is anybody here heading by themselves or knows of where I could find like minded people? (Iv been to Oxegen before in 2007 when I was 19 so I know what I'm getting myself into regards crowds etc!) Thanks in advance to any advice!:)

you could try gig buddies here on boards..you'll mix it up and have a ball I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hard for me to decide which is the best day. Saturday has good acts during the day but none of the headliners do it for me, while Sunday has the headliners but nowt earlier on apart from the Bunnymen. And Friday just has Jay-Z and maybe one or two others.

So looks like Saturday wins if I were to choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MonTheBiffy

Alright this year is gonna be my first year at Oxegen :D Ticket arrived today 4 day camping.

First question: What the hell do I do on Friday? Just set up settle in etc.? Second: Best way of getting there bus, car, horseback?
    Thirdly: How do I get all my s**te down there?
    Fourthly: What will my s**te consist of?
    Finally: Any tips in general? Tent safety etc.?

Thanks in advance,
    Slightly aroused.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

bit disappointed that fatboy slim clashes with arcade fire and eminem clashes with mumford and sons. saturday nite goin b class kasabian and muse :D plan b outside not liking it would of rather ed him in a tent performing :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 swabby

Anyone else, not looking forward to the dreaded walk from car park to campsite with all your, beer, spirits, bags, tents, sleeping bags etc.... kills me every year. carrying crates of beer is the worst, anyone got any easy solutions to the problem????

swabby wrote: »
    Anyone else, not looking forward to the dreaded walk from car park to campsite with all your, beer, spirits, bags, tents, sleeping bags etc.... kills me every year. carrying crates of beer is the worst, anyone got any easy solutions to the problem????

A cheap wheely trolly thingy in Aldi or Lidl or Woodies etc. Many can be made smaller kinda foldy uppy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi There,

I was just wondering about making trips into Naas? Is it worthwhile??

also how long would it all take. would 2 hours be enough to allocate for a trip, including time waiting on buses?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

A cheap wheely trolly thingy in Aldi or Lidl or Woodies etc. Many can be made smaller kinda foldy uppy.

The only foldable trolleys i can find are in woodies bray for 40 squids.. The green tent company sell them for around 15 i think but its a bit pointless getting it when your already in the campsite!!!

• Advertisement

mooeire wrote: »
    The only foldable trolleys i can find are in woodies bray for 40 squids.. The green tent company sell them for around 15 i think but its a bit pointless getting it when your already in the campsite!!!

Ok then....eh......build one! ya thats it! a few plastic tyres from a kids toy or a wheelbarrow....WAIT! thats it! a WHEELBARROW! its perfect good handling carries a lot and can be used for wheeling your drunk friends back to their tents...or drunk women back to yours;)

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

I am going to Oxygen for the first time this year for the full 4 days. Does anyone know how to get into the green campsite. Not sure that we will do it but I have no idea how to :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Beryl Walsh

I got it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭FUNKYTOWWWN

I'm going to oxegen this year for the first time. WOO! Got my ticket in the post today (:
    Any tips ?

3 weeks tomorrow :O

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Hi There,

I was just wondering about making trips into Naas? Is it worthwhile??

also how long would it all take. would 2 hours be enough to allocate for a trip, including time waiting on buses?

Thanks

We went in for drink, food and sleeping bags, so I'd say it was worthwhile. And I think we got there and back in an hour or so? I'm not really sure to be honest though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Ok so I know it has been asked and answered before but i just thought i would clarify seen as i went to the bother of trying to upgrade today:

You can upgrade your ticket at your local ticketmaster outlet IF you bought from them. This is €20 and you must bring your 3 day ticket. If (like me) you bought online then you can only get the upgrade on the thursday in Punchestown at the box office :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 xjayx

I'm just going on the Saturday and have never been there before.. What time do the acts start and what time do the finnish up at?? also, how long do they stay on stage and would you have to walk far if 2 or 3 acts were clashing???

Sorry, really don't have a clue and need help!!!

Thanks!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

I'm going to oxegen this year for the first time. WOO! Got my ticket in the post today (:
    Any tips ?

This is gonna be my 6th year in a row at oxegen and no matter what anyone says its impossible to prepare... Unless ur one of those prep freaks.. But for me, if ur struggling on what to bring i will try give a few dif things most people dont think of...

Pants with zip pockets! Obviously for your personals, gotta keep your money and phone safe.

Bring a small lock for your tent! Obviously not going to keep the most diehard thief out but ud be suprised how easily it'll deter anyone from tryin to rob ur tent's contents, not many scumbags will take the chance to get caught by standin there longer than they should fiddling with a finicky tent!

Camp in a decent sized group, to stop from jerks moving over ur land, and if u can camp in a circle so ur all facing each other and keep a nice bit of space in the middle so ye can all chat!

Its not much i know but something a little dif to ur standard.. Bog Roll, water etc... Ull see all the lists of things to bring in the various papers leading up to the event! Enjoy, its like no where else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Beonce

xjayx wrote: »
    I'm just going on the Saturday and have never been there before.. What time do the acts start and what time do the finnish up at?? also, how long do they stay on stage and would you have to walk far if 2 or 3 acts were clashing???

From memory...acts start around noon....the last act finishes up around midnight.

I think the bigger acts play longer so maybe an hour and a half or so but I would guess the average set to be about 40 minutes or so. All the stages are within 5 minutes walk of each other ( providing you're not caught up in a mob!)

Health warning should be applied to all of the above - its been a few years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Kev O C

xjayx wrote: »

The stages are all in walking distance of each other so you'll catch em all if there's clashes but don't expect a great view. The best place to be is in the bit especially if it's one of your your favourite band

The acts usually start at 12pm too and end roughly around 1ish onwards I think (I'm usually exhaughested and don't realise the timeicon7.gif). But no one really sticks to the time schedule so if the main act on Saturday is meant to start 11.30pm it could be half 12 before they get on

• Advertisement

Any tips ?

Know it sounds kinda sick but when you arrive use the port-a-cabin straight away. that's when (and only) they are at their cleanest. Then on Friday when the stage areas open, use them again. Then try hold cause you'll be surprised what drunken people get upta. The sight will make you sick

Don't bring anything you won't need that's valuable. Nice bracelet, ring, atm card etc. All I bring is phone and cash. If you look old enough don't bother with an id either. Eliminate the risks

See they've announced the orders to the line ups
    http://2010.oxegen.ie/3207/news/oxegen-full-day-and-stage-breakdown-revealed-24-days-to-go/

On Sunday Eminem is clashing with Mumford and Sons. I really got into them this year and never been a Eminem fan so I know where I'll be going. But tough break for em

Also, Arcade fire got the pick for Friday's main act AHEAD of Jay-Z. Take that abd smoke it hip-hop haha

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kev O C wrote: »
    Know it sounds kinda sick but when you arrive use the port-a-cabin straight away. that's when (and only) they are at their cleanest. Then on Friday when the stage areas open, use them again. Then try hold cause you'll be surprised what drunken people get upta. The sight will make you sick

Don't bring anything you won't need that's valuable. Nice bracelet, ring, atm card etc. All I bring is phone and cash. If you look old enough don't bother with an id either. Eliminate the risks
    Agreed in 2008 thats what i did. Was into the arena when gates opened and used the toilets and that did me till the following day. I had a bad experience in 2007 so i learned ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

hey i have a question.
    I bought my ticket on ticketmaster online,
    so i printed it of, but it says a name on it.
    the problem is its my mums name as it was bought on her credit card.
    now im only 18 so il most likely be asked for id?

im just wondering if this is a problem. do they take much heed to it?
    thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

I was there last year but never bothered going into the pit on the main stage. Do you need a to go early to get a wristband or something?

I was there last year but never bothered going into the pit on the main stage. Do you need a to go early to get a wristband or something?

Nope you can walk in and out as much as you want until near the end of the night. If you wanna be close for the headliner i would recommend to be in the pit at leas while the 3rd last act is playing

Nope you can walk in and out as much as you want until near the end of the night. If you wanna be close for the headliner i would recommend to be in the pit at leas while the 3rd last act is playing

Grand so, want to be there for Muse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Few people stay in the pit all day just to be front row centre for the big acts, but i went in 1 act before The Killers last year and i was 2 or 3 from the front.

Grand so, want to be there for Muse.

Yea id say if you get in before FATM hit the stage you should be grand and then you can watch Kasabian and Muse in the pit

• Advertisement

Yea id say if you get in before FATM hit the stage you should be grand and then you can watch Kasabian and Muse in the pit

Which will be awesome :) Florence will be great too.

Advertisement