Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

What sort of id do they take up at the bar, never bothered going near it last year, not a hope am I bringing my passport, will my student id do, or will I have to get an age card?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What sort of id do they take up at the bar, never bothered going near it last year, not a hope am I bringing my passport, will my student id do, or will I have to get an age card?

If you have a age card you will def get served , Id get one to be on the safe side

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

hey i have a question.
    I bought my ticket on ticketmaster online,
    so i printed it of, but it says a name on it.
    the problem is its my mums name as it was bought on her credit card.
    now im only 18 so il most likely be asked for id?

im just wondering if this is a problem. do they take much heed to it?
    thanks.

p.s. need to know quick! thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

mcw92 wrote: »
    hey i have a question.

thanks.

Nope that's not an issue at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

gant0 wrote: »
    Nope that's not an issue at all.

okay cheers, and also i saw posts about id for the bar, will a photocopy if my passport do?
    the only types of id im bringing are photocopied passport and my student id.
    will they do? im 18 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

okay cheers, and also i saw posts about id for the bar, will a photocopy if my passport do?
    will they do? im 18 btw.

I dont have any experience but I doubt it. You are 18, its 18 days away too, apply for an age card and it may well arrive, though average is over 21 days it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

hey i have a question.

thanks.

I think you'll be alright with just those. They didn't check many IDs last year, at least not around me. Even if they do, those should be suitable.

You'd be pushing it if you expected your Age Card to arrive before then though. Mine took at least 5 weeks to arrive, I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Jay P wrote: »
    I think you'll be alright with just those. They didn't check many IDs last year, at least not around me. Even if they do, those should be suitable.

You'd be pushing it if you expected your Age Card to arrive before then though. Mine took at least 5 weeks to arrive, I believe.

Says six to eight weeks on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mine was five, a friends was 8, two others got theirs in two. They appear to do batches so you just gotta be lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

My age card took 10 days to come..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

Mine was five, a friends was 8, two others got theirs in two. They appear to do batches so you just gotta be lucky.
    This. Apply as soon as you can, and you might get lucky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

will they do? im 18 btw.

I had one last year and while I got a few looks about it they always accepted it! Just have something else with your name and/or photo to back it up just in case! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Chris007 wrote: »
    Ok so I know it has been asked and answered before but i just thought i would clarify seen as i went to the bother of trying to upgrade today:

You can upgrade your ticket at your local ticketmaster outlet IF you bought from them. This is €20 and you must bring your 3 day ticket. If (like me) you bought online then you can only get the upgrade on the thursday in Punchestown at the box office :)

If you bought your ticket online (or at outlets) you can upgrade it at outlets.

Bring your current ticket with you.

The following upgrades are available:

3 Day Non-Camping to 3 Day Camping - €25
    3 Day Non-Camping to 4 Day Camping - €45
    3 Day Camping to 4 Day Camping - €20

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Hey guys just wondering if you have VIP tickets what perks do you get? Does it mean camping in the green area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

yes im goin to oxygen for €20 :D:D get to pitch tent witch will be a laugh !!! going as part of the scouts so thats why im going for €20, should be a great laugh but have to stay in a separate camping site with all staff though :(

oh ye and how does one go about getting a pit pass??is it like cuing up for a normal concert ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

You dont get a pass. Just get in the que for the pit and wait. The que is to the left of the crowd at the main stage if I remember right.

ahh kool wa happens if you need to tak a wizz ?? or a number 3

• Registered Users Posts: 9,790 ✭✭✭hynesie08

A V A wrote: »

you lose your spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

hynesie08 wrote: »
    you lose your spot.

Or your dignity :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A V A wrote: »

What the hell's a number 3? Do you kids have some new orifice that you expel waste from that you're not telling the rest of us about? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

Just wondering, is Oxegen worth the 250 odd euro to go?

Like is the craic really good?

What about trying to get the odd bit of sleep, is it possible?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

flag123 wrote: »

It's completely worth it! The craic is awesome, especially when you camp and everyone does go to sleep eventually! :)

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    What the hell's a number 3? Do you kids have some new orifice that you expel waste from that you're not telling the rest of us about? :confused:

sorry im just so use to saying that with me mates in a group thing sorry and a joke ;);):p

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Emmpty

Considering the kind of festivals you can go to abroad for half that its not, but it is still a great weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Yeah definitely is worth it, as for sleep, I naively made the mistake last year of getting 1 hour sleep from thursday to saturday night, so I was rightly bollixed, but yeah sleep is definitley possible, you'll be so tired/drunk you won't take notice of the background noise. Some people sleep in their cars in the carpark too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

I really should know this, but what is the capacity (for want of a better word) of Oxegen? I know of the 80,000 figure, but is that per day?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pokerface78

just wondering if anyone has any info on Tangerine Fields in the Green campsite..im looking for accomodation for 2 people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

just wondering if anyone has any info on Tangerine Fields in the Green campsite..im looking for accomodation for 2 people
    Sold out, only tipi's left £520:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i dont have an age card and dont want to bring my passport because without a doubt i will loose it. I phoned ticketmaster and explained and they said that a photocopy of your passport stamped and signed by the gardai would be fine ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 pokerface78

:( i heard today from obviously a very unreliable source that a few more tents will be available today. My boyfriend was ment to book accomodation for us weeks ago but he "forgot" lol!! i just want decent showers and toilets :mad: lol

Advertisement