Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

be careful what you say. Consider this a warning. LG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

i dont have an age card and dont want to bring my passport because without a doubt i will loose it. I phoned ticketmaster and explained and they said that a photocopy of your passport stamped and signed by the gardai would be fine ;)

sound, thanks for saving me the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i dont have an age card and dont want to bring my passport because without a doubt i will loose it. I phoned ticketmaster and explained and they said that a photocopy of your passport stamped and signed by the gardai would be fine ;)

Ticketmaster can say one thing on the phone but the steward down there can say another, and there'll be no one around from ticketmaster to help ya if they say no!

you can say "oh but i rang ticketmaster and they said its ok", but they hear every excuse under the sun so might give a dam what you say. that being said if one steward says no can be easy enough to go to another who wont even ID you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Hi Guys, just wondering how do people keep their beer cold all weekend?? If I bring a cooler, will I be able to fill it with cold water anywhere at the blue campsite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Hi Guys, just wondering how do people keep their beer cold all weekend?? If I bring a cooler, will I be able to fill it with cold water anywhere at the blue campsite?

I'm wondering the same thing, don't want to be drinking warm cans by Saturday afternoon :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Also When I’m asking questions, Mite aswell find out About food. Im wondering about how much food to bring? I will be bring lots of sweets & crisps & energy drinks. But what about food that will give u energy? I hear raw jelly works a treat??

Can one buy coffee & chicken fillet rolls in the spar??

Also is there good value on drink & food for heading into Naas on the Saturday morning for example if im low on things??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Yes, there are a few water taps around the campsite.

If you're feeling particularly industrious you could dig a hole and leave your cans in the makeshift fridge :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

anyone able to confirm if the world cup final will be shown by any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

Iang87 wrote: »
    anyone able to confirm if the world cup final will be shown by any chance

I'd say it will be shown in the campsite on the massive xbox screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Think im going to bring some canned fruit, Pot noodles, cereal bars (full of fibre) energy drinks and lucozade alert < they worked a treat last year! Im bringing a cooler (on sale in B&Q this week) plan on filling it with water in the campsite too. Nothing worse than warm beer!! Camping chairs are only €8 in penneys too!! I'm really in the festival mood this year, got my tickets in the post today- won VIP ones on Today FM and get to hang out backstage with Paolo Nutini!!! :) I wonder is the green campsite fun or full of snobs. Had a great time last year in the red camp! REALLY hoping for good weather this year!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Lenno87

Im thinking of getting a day ticket for sunday, ive never gone for just a day before so I would like some information on day tickets.

Where can I go with my day ticket? Where can I park my car? Can i get into the campsite, would I be able to stay in my friends tent that night?

Any info would be great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Lenno87 wrote: »
    Can i get into the campsite, would I be able to stay in my friends tent that night?

Officially, no. In reality, I would be hugely, hugely surprised if anybody tried to stop you. Things get a bit free and easy by Sunday night.

As for where to park, IMHO, I would advise against bringing the car altogether if you can help it, to be honest. It's a lot easier to just get the shuttle bus from Dublin or somewhere. There's a bit of craic on the bus and being jammed in traffic isn't half as frustrating when you're not the one driving.

cant afford a cooler?? do what i do, bring a bucket, fill it with cold water, dump your cans in it a few at a time and leave them a while-it works!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

df1985 wrote: »
    cant afford a cooler?? do what i do, bring a bucket, fill it with cold water, dump your cans in it a few at a time and leave them a while-it works!
    Salt+ice apparently works quite well
    http://www.wikihow.com/Chill-a-Drink-Quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I did that at my last Oxegen. If I had a euro for every can my friends put in, I woulda been loaded. Worked exceptionally well!

blubloblu wrote: »
    Salt+ice apparently works quite well
    http://www.wikihow.com/Chill-a-Drink-Quickly

yes ive heard ice works great at chillin the aul drinks.......how did i not think of that one??:D:D

just messin with ya, i see what you're saying.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

http://www.oxegen.ie/newsletters/ox_23june2010.html

Anyone pick up paper this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Sheebs

Hi,

I know that if you buy 4 camping tickets together they send you a free parking pass aswell. But say if me and 3 friends buy 4 camping tickets separately, can I go into a ticketmaster outlet and show the 4 tickets - will they then give me a parking ticket?

Also, what time do you absolutely HAVE to be out of the car park at - I want to leave as late as possible as I'd say the roads will be riddled with checkpoints.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

If you drink heineken your sorted.......!!!!!!!!

http://2010.oxegen.ie/3888/news/stay-chilled-at-oxegen-with-heineken-cold-rooms/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

mooeire wrote: »

beat me to it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Sheebs wrote: »
    Hi,

I know that if you buy 4 camping tickets together they send you a free parking pass aswell. But say if me and 3 friends buy 4 camping tickets separately, can I go into a ticketmaster outlet and show the 4 tickets - will they then give me a parking ticket?

Also, what time do you absolutely HAVE to be out of the car park at - I want to leave as late as possible as I'd say the roads will be riddled with checkpoints.

Thanks

last year we brought in 4 tickets to Zhivago and ticketmaster gave us the carpark ticket.

Carpark closes at 6 on monday evening. I'd say that it stays open until 7 or 8 though. Buy one of them breath testers for before you leave. They have them in centra at the moment, although im not sure how reliable they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hailfairy

I am now banned for spamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

Hey , just wondering does anyone know how big the entire area is?
    like in square ft or something?
    im talking about the entire area....both campsites..Music Part and such? thanks.

Also another question, my ticket is the red one...but my mates all have blue ones. So does this matter when entering?
    like do i have to enter on the red side? and will they be entering on the blue side? can i just go with them on the blue side even though i have a red ticket? thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mcw92 wrote: »
    Also another question, my ticket is the red one...but my mates all have blue ones. So does this matter when entering?
    like do i have to enter on the red side? and will they be entering on the blue side? can i just go with them on the blue side even though i have a red ticket? thanks.

No it doesn't make a difference. You can camp anywhere.

SantryRed wrote: »
    No it doesn't make a difference. You can camp anywhere.

hey thanks, but i know i can camp anywhere. but what about when i am entering on the thurs for the 1st time? is there separate entrances for red ticket holders and blue ticket holders. il be getting a bus if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mcw92 wrote: »
    hey thanks, but i know i can camp anywhere. but what about when i am entering on the thurs for the 1st time? is there separate entrances for red ticket holders and blue ticket holders. il be getting a bus if that makes any difference.

Oh right. Emm, trying to think here from last year. Nearly positive they're broken up. So there's a red and blue entrance.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

SantryRed wrote: »
    Oh right. Emm, trying to think here from last year. Nearly positive they're broken up. So there's a red and blue entrance.

As far as I remember it was all one entrance for us! but maybe not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Can anyone tell me what's the story with brining drink in on a one day pass? Have heard conflicting stories, I am only intending on attending Sunday, thanks in advance lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

have stage times been announced?

Advertisement