Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

have stage times been announced?

Not yet afaik. I'm waiting impatiently!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

Hi,just going for the sunday too, want to get shuttle bus from dublin city centre to oxegen and back again same night. anyone know does it leave straight after last act? and what time? please & thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Jigga wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what's the story with brining drink in on a one day pass? Have heard conflicting stories, I am only intending on attending Sunday, thanks in advance lads.
    From past experience..Very strict on Friday..everyone drinking at security check cos theyve been refused..Saturday bit more lenient..had 5 cans in a holdall last year which they found but eventually let us in..and Sunday well its like a bring your own party..theyve just had enough:)

Just put everything in plastic bottles with no tops and should be grand:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Genrikh Yagoda

Are there still tickets for sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭peppapig24

Are there still tickets for sale?

yes just ordered mine..red campsite all the way :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

mooeire wrote: »
    The only foldable trolleys i can find are in woodies bray for 40 squids.. The green tent company sell them for around 15 i think but its a bit pointless getting it when your already in the campsite!!!

there ill be a company renting wheelbarrows at the entrances and car parks, with return points in the campsites at oxegen this year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

have stage times been announced?

i would have thought they won't announce stage times so they can sell more programmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

there ill be a company renting wheelbarrows at the entrances and car parks, with return points in the campsites at oxegen this year

Fantastic idea, probably only cost in or around €5 as well, well worth it.

i would have thought they won't announce stage times so they can sell more programmes

No they'll almost definitely be up on the website by this time next week.

The little programme yokes are handy for when you're actually there though, just get the one between a few people at €10 a pop though..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Thunder10 wrote: »
    Fantastic idea, probably only cost in or around €5 as well, well worth it.

price tbc, also there will be a 'porter' service provided for the more 'relaxed' folk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

From past experience..Very strict on Friday..everyone drinking at security check cos theyve been refused..Saturday bit more lenient..had 5 cans in a holdall last year which they found but eventually let us in..and Sunday well its like a bring your own party..theyve just had enough:)

Just put everything in plastic bottles with no tops and should be grand:p
    Thanks for reply keeponrockin. So should I risk bringing in cans do you think or just put vodka into a plastic bottle or something?

Have heard the prices of pints are something crazy like €10 inside there, f uck that!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Thanks for reply keeponrockin. So should I risk bringing in cans do you think or just put vodka into a plastic bottle or something?

Have heard the prices of pints are something crazy like €10 inside there, f uck that!

Take the bottle-caps off and leave them in your pocket or somewhere that won't be checked. They will take them off you going in if they see the bottles. That way you can put them on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

No Probs:)..Well what we did was buy 2 litre bottles of coke and stick 1/2 bottle vodka into them and as CiaranK says take the caps off the bottles approaching the security check and put them in your back pocket till ye got in and then put the caps back on so ye can carry em round in a bag if ye want to..

Also used those large 1 and half litre lucozade bottles filled with lager coz they were coloured so security didnt know what was in em ..same again caps off for check and someone used those blue diet sprite bottles full of rum and something else..

Also if you do chance bringing in cans make sure ya have an empty coloured 2 litre bottle with you in case your refused so you can walk back out and fill up:)

Pints were €9 last year (€3 of which is refunded when you bring the plastic cup back) so well worth bringin your own:pac: ENJOY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

blooody hell 9 bats for a pint :S:S:S:S:S::S:S:S thats bull!!! it seem like so much effort bringing in drink etc haha but like just stick as much vodka into a bally gowen 2 little or if you really desperite bring one of those 4 litre water bottle things with a handle on it and fill it right up with vodka hahaha

A V A wrote: »
    blooody hell 9 bats for a pint :S:S:S:S:S::S:S:S thats bull!!! it seem like so much effort bringing in drink etc haha but like just stick as much vodka into a bally gowen 2 little or if you really desperite bring one of those 4 litre water bottle things with a handle on it and fill it right up with vodka hahaha

Made over €100 last year from brining cups back...

From past experience, if you conceal it well enough they won't find any drink on ya, wouldn't be going to the lengths you're speaking of to be honest!

really??? so what did you do just walk around picking them up???? lol imagine just going through bins n **** hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Interesting stuff lads, thanks! Is there anyway that I can get away with bringing in my own plastic pint glasses in there to exploit that rule? Long shot I know!

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I know its a bit early, but who are ye all hoping for next year.? Hopefully Artic Monkeys, Muse, and then someone like Daft Punk or Fatboy slim, cant be Killers or KOL again!

Thats ridiculously early, and out of the above, Daft Punk are the only act I'd like to see next year!

Actually make that the next 2/3 years..

really??? so what did you do just walk around picking them up???? lol imagine just going through bins n **** hahah

Thats about the size of it, just picked up (muddy) cups from the ground, gave them a facelift at the taps/sinks or whatever and brought them back up to the bar, easy money!

Took a bit of time cos 1 person can only go up with 30 cups at a time but it was well worth the financial reward, obviously!

hahaha thats quite the thing to do man

but do they jusy count all the cups and just give it to you staright from the till

does every bar give you money back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Watching muse tonight just made me even more excited for oxegen. Waiting for the stage times badly

hahaha thats quite the thing to do man

but do they jusy count all the cups and just give it to you staright from the till

does every bar give you money back

Yep, its mostly gien back to you in 1s and 2s but sure who gives a fúck?!:D

Always covers whatever i've bought in drink and food for the weekend, so lowers the cost of the whole weekend a considerable amount!:D

Posting this on boards is gonna do considerable damage to the bringing back cups trade!:(

aww right . . .1's and 2's is a bit **** though isn it
    . . you should set up your business if any body runs out of coppers you have the change but charge interest hehehaha

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Just got my Oxegen ticket today, didn't think I'd be able to go but turns out I can woo!! So does anyone have any other advice for a first timer apart from baby wipes, wellies etc i.e the famous necessities at this stage!!
    When people say maybe bring a camera will I bring a disposable one cos I don't want my lovely digital one to be lost/stolen?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

annainez wrote: »
    Just got my Oxegen ticket today, didn't think I'd be able to go but turns out I can woo!! So does anyone have any other advice for a first timer apart from baby wipes, wellies etc i.e the famous necessities at this stage!!
    When people say maybe bring a camera will I bring a disposable one cos I don't want my lovely digital one to be lost/stolen?

I never bring my normal phone or camera. I have an older phone, with a 2MP camera. Generally does the trick. Its mainly stupid drunkeness that I take photos of, not the artists! If you are camping, make sure you bring a spare full set of clothes, and waterproof clothes. For food, bring things like creamed rice, biscuits, crackers, things that will keep. If you want to, bring some walkie talkies. Your phone will not work properly down there (too many people using mast).

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

So is bringing cans to the gate a no-no? (Edit: I'm 17 btw, will I get away with bringing drink?)
    Also, I really don't want to bring my passport as I'm heading off on holidays soon after, does anyone know if a have solicitor stamped copies of both my birth cert and passport would that do for ID? I would just not feel safe bringing my passport!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Does anyone know if the Schuh Welly Exchange is going to be at Oxegen this year??? Came in handy last year with the weather!!

annainez wrote: »
    So is bringing cans to the gate a no-no? (Edit: I'm 17 btw, will I get away with bringing drink?)
    Also, I really don't want to bring my passport as I'm heading off on holidays soon after, does anyone know if a have solicitor stamped copies of both my birth cert and passport would that do for ID? I would just not feel safe bringing my passport!

They will ask for ID. I know people who were nearly refused for not having any last year. As far as I know, cans are no problem. Its bottles that are the issues. Are you going for the weekend? Are you going by bus/car?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Comrade C

Anyone feel this thread jst turned into predictions of the line up next year haha! I was looking for sum info on survival! Is 100 yoyos enuf to have a deadly non worrying time if i bring my own drink and the majority of my own grub?

• Advertisement

Comrade C wrote: »
    Anyone feel this thread jst turned into predictions of the line up next year haha! I was looking for sum info on survival! Is 100 yoyos enuf to have a deadly non worrying time if i bring my own drink and the majority of my own grub?

Should be plenty. Once you have all of your essentials, no reason why you will spend more.

Advertisement