Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Comrade C

antodeco wrote: »
    Should be plenty. Once you have all of your essentials, no reason why you will spend more.
    Cheer my man! How many pairs a clothes? Thinkn cargo shorts and a rugby jersey, seeing how long thatl lst me currently :L

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Comrade C wrote: »
    Cheer my man! How many pairs a clothes? Thinkn cargo shorts and a rugby jersey, seeing how long thatl lst me currently :L

2 pairs of normal clothes, a pair of shorts and rain gear. I generally go with tracksuit bottoms so rain gear can go over them comfortably. Being honest, by Saturday evening, you wont give a toss about what you are wearing!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

They will ask for ID. I know people who were nearly refused for not having any last year. As far as I know, cans are no problem. Its bottles that are the issues. Are you going for the weekend? Are you going by bus/car?

Yeah 4 day camping but I found a solution - let my 18 yr old friend carry 'her' drink in. Yeah I had a look on the website (dur) and cans are fine. I don't know how much to bring though. I'm not a heavy drinker, I wouldn't drink more than three on a normal night out. What dya reckon?
    I'm getting dropped by car.
    And about ID I'm going to try have my driving licence by then, but if not I reckon coloured photocopy of passport (as on website teamed with official school/college ID) and birth cert photocopy should suffice.
    Were you there last year? What's your opinion on food? I really don't wanna spend money there if at all possible.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,502 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've been there a few times :) I'll be driving, so if you need somewhere safe for your ID, you can gladly leave it in my car :)

Dont bring expensive things. Food down there is costly, so bring what you can. Remember though, nothing too heavy. It could be a 20 minute walk from car to campsite, maybe longer depending on when you get there. Try bring a foldable trolley if you can. Big long socks for wellies, so they don't rub against your legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

The lockers are pretty handy to have aswell. Plus you can charge your phone in them. Got one last year for ID and car keys and stuff/

• Advertisement

I've been there a few times :) I'll be driving, so if you need somewhere safe for your ID, you can gladly leave it in my car :)

Dont bring expensive things. Food down there is costly, so bring what you can. Remember though, nothing too heavy. It could be a 20 minute walk from car to campsite, maybe longer depending on when you get there. Try bring a foldable trolley if you can. Big long socks for wellies, so they don't rub against your legs.

Thanks a mil, but I'm sure I will manage somehow! :)
    I have always been a legendary packer, I think I'll do well! That's really helpful, thank you! I may be seeing you there! (Will not know it is you though haha)

Thought of two handy things to bring, maybe they're obvious but.. lots of big plastic bags to sit on, and a head torch!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭micka

Howaya, does anyone know of decent bike racks at Oxegen?
    If they exist, are they 'lift_them_up_into_back_of_a_van' proof?
    Where will they be located?
    Are cycles targeted by the 'lets smash 'em up brigade' or am i just a security conscious 'aul git??

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

My first time at oxegen since 2007 (it was my first). Haven't got a ticket yet but have my eyes on one on ebay. The thing is its for the BLUE campsite and my mates are in the RED. Does this matter? will i be able to camp with them even if i have a blue ticket.

My first time at oxegen since 2007 (it was my first). Haven't got a ticket yet but have my eyes on one on ebay. The thing is its for the BLUE campsite and my mates are in the RED. Does this matter? will i be able to camp with them even if i have a blue ticket.

where you camp doesn't matter! I checked this on the oxegen website :) Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

Are you allowed sleep in the car parks? was thinking of bringing up a jeep with a bed in the back....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My E Bay???? tickets are still onsale on tickemaster

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

My E Bay???? tickets are still onsale on tickemaster

Yeah, but you can get them cheaper through ebay or classified adds.

Just got one for £170. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

MB1380 wrote: »
    Are you allowed sleep in the car parks? was thinking of bringing up a jeep with a bed in the back....

yes most defo

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

df1985 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster can say one thing on the phone but the steward down there can say another, and there'll be no one around from ticketmaster to help ya if they say no!

you can say "oh but i rang ticketmaster and they said its ok", but they hear every excuse under the sun so might give a dam what you say. that being said if one steward says no can be easy enough to go to another who wont even ID you.

:eek: really?? but i was told there is gonna be a ticketmaster booth there - i need a ticket upgrade (have 3 day ticket, want a 4day). How do i upgrade if theres nobody there??

:eek: really?? but i was told there is gonna be a ticketmaster booth there - i need a ticket upgrade (have 3 day ticket, want a 4day). How do i upgrade if theres nobody there??

If you have a three day and want a four day you can get a 20 euro Thursday ticket on Ticketmaster but you have to bring both tickets to the gate and you can only get a 20 euro Thursday ticket if you already have a three day... with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MB1380

MB1380 wrote: »
    aflib wrote: »
    yes most defo

Sweet, is the red carpark far from the red campsite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Framble

Hey, I really want to go to oxegen but I'm going away on the Sunday so I won't be able to stay that day at all.... I don't want to pay the full price when I won't get to be there for the full thing, is there anything I can do about this?

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What sort of ID do ya need?
    I actually have none, 17 is the age to get though isn't it?

Gonna be impossible to get any in the remaining time.....birth cert copy is all I can think of...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

DB10 wrote: »
    What sort of ID do ya need?
    I actually have none, 17 is the age to get though isn't it?

Gonna be impossible to get any in the remaining time.....birth cert copy is all I can think of...:o

If you're 17 you can go to the Garda Station and get them to sign a photocopy of your passport, which will be accepted as a form of I.D.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

seanbmc wrote: »
    If you're 17 you can go to the Garda Station and get them to sign a photocopy of your passport, which will be accepted as a form of I.D.

Don't have a passport........:(

Can they sign birth certs.....:pac:

DB10 wrote: »
    Don't have a passport........:(

Can they sign birth certs.....:pac:

You could try ask them, ring up ticketmaster or the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

So they take the caps off all bottles?

If I bring vodka in will they take them off that too?or is it just water/coke etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

BDR wrote: »
    So they take the caps off all bottles?

If I bring vodka in will they take them off that too?or is it just water/coke etc?

Never been to oxegen before but from other gig experience they take them off everything. I think they fear that people will throw them on stage or something, I really don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Any news on what the weather will be like for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭BDR

CiaranK wrote: »
    Never been to oxegen before but from other gig experience they take them off everything. I think they fear that people will throw them on stage or something, I really don't know.

Oh, I think I took it up wrong. :o
    You'll be allowed into the campsite with them but just not to the gigs?

BDR wrote: »
    Oh, I think I took it up wrong. :o
    You'll be allowed into the campsite with them but just not to the gigs?

Yeah they search you before you go into the main area. Campsite you can bring anything except glass bottles. Theres decanting stations at the front I think, but you might aswell just pour your drinks into plastic bottles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EimearMullane

i was buying my oxegen ticket online and i chose the print out your own tickets option!i was booking it on my moms card so her names on the ticket!does that matter?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i was buying my oxegen ticket online and i chose the print out your own tickets option!i was booking it on my moms card so her names on the ticket!does that matter?

No it doesn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Hopefully if Tickets are still on sale on Thurs (pay day) my OH & myself are hoping to go on the Saturday for the day only.
    A bit nervous tho, haven't been to a festival in such a long time!
    I read from an earlier post that you can print off your own ticket? Is this true as that is a concern for me, not getting them in time. And what would you suggest bringing for the day? We could throw a couple of sleeping bags in the car if we were too drunk to drive home or got delayed in leaving...
    Is there an FAQ page somewhere?

Any suggestions really helpful...oh when I say "oldie" we'll we're both touching a very young 40:eek:

Advertisement