Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

CiaranK wrote: »
    Never been to oxegen before but from other gig experience they take them off everything. I think they fear that people will throw them on stage or something, I really don't know.

With the lid on,a bottle of fizzy drink is harder as a missile.Just think of the difference between getting hit on the head by a full bottle with all the fizz in,or getting hit with a bottle that lost all its liquid mid flight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Any news on what the weather will be like for the weekend?

This will be the deciding factor in weather I buy a ticket or not...Not being pissed on for 4 days yet again..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i say it will be bad weather . . . . its ireland . . .always happens !!!! quality irish weather

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone know if the tickets are for sale right up to the event, and also what the latest date would be to book them and get the tickets on time? . . .

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Anyone know if the tickets are for sale right up to the event, and also what the latest date would be to book them and get the tickets on time? . . .

I'd imagine they would be and you can just print them out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Does anyone know if there will be a big screen there showing the World Cup Final on the Sunday? Would hate to miss it.

Also, what time does anyone know what time the closing act on Sunday normally comes onto stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Jigga wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be a big screen there showing the World Cup Final on the Sunday? Would hate to miss it.

Also, what time does anyone know what time the closing act on Sunday normally comes onto stage?

I'd imagine they might be be showing the match on the nokia live stage in the campsite..

Last act usually starts somewhere between 10pm and 10.30 and then over by 11.30 or 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Just wondering.. How long is the walk from the car park to the red campsite? I've heard it's like 2-3 hours?! Surely not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Jigga wrote: »

Crap forgot all bout that and the WC final is probably gonna be on slap bang in the middle of Eminem or Prodigy set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Niall558

Its my first year going and im wondering about the price of drink and food and stuff. Can anyone help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Realtine wrote: »
    Hopefully if Tickets are still on sale on Thurs (pay day) my OH & myself are hoping to go on the Saturday for the day only.
    A bit nervous tho, haven't been to a festival in such a long time!
    I read from an earlier post that you can print off your own ticket? Is this true as that is a concern for me, not getting them in time. And what would you suggest bringing for the day? We could throw a couple of sleeping bags in the car if we were too drunk to drive home or got delayed in leaving...
    Is there an FAQ page somewhere?

Any suggestions really helpful...oh when I say "oldie" we'll we're both touching a very young 40:eek:

Yep you can print off your own ticket. They just scan them and give them back to you. Bring a watherproof jacket, wellies and suncream. You'd be better off parking in the park and ride at goffs. the bus transfers are free and frequent and only take 10-15 mins. Defo bring a sleeping bag if you've been drinking, plenty of people will be doing the same. And don't worry about the age thing. Although the vast majority is under 21/23, ther are always a few older ones knocking around (i'm 35).

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

any tips on breaking in.my mates done it last yr while i paid a hundred quid for a ticket:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

aflib wrote: »
    any tips on breaking in.my mates done it last yr while i paid a hundred quid for a ticket:(
    Troll: dig

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭ant_moore123

TIP

Just buy a ticket like the rest of us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone any idea where I could lay my hands on a cheap tent and sleeping bag and stuff?

And I mean cheap considering I'll probably not be in much shape to pack it all up and end up leaving half of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Tesco have pretty cheap stuff at the moment, argos too.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Realtine wrote: »
    Hopefully if Tickets are still on sale on Thurs (pay day) my OH & myself are hoping to go on the Saturday for the day only.
    A bit nervous tho, haven't been to a festival in such a long time!
    I read from an earlier post that you can print off your own ticket? Is this true as that is a concern for me, not getting them in time. And what would you suggest bringing for the day? We could throw a couple of sleeping bags in the car if we were too drunk to drive home or got delayed in leaving...
    Is there an FAQ page somewhere?

Any suggestions really helpful...oh when I say "oldie" we'll we're both touching a very young 40:eek:

Yep you can print your own ticket, it's deadly! There's an FAQ page http://2010.oxegen.ie/info/faq/
    Tickets will prob be for sale til the very end.
    Don't worry I've heard there are all ages there!
    Maybe sleeping bags would be a good idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

anyone know if you can bring your own alcohol into the stage area?
    Have a 1 day ticket for saturday so can't 'fuel' up before going to the stage and don't feel like paying over 5 quid for a pint.

Also, can you brign a backpack with you to the stage, and if so, do they search it well or could you get away with a 2 litre bottle of vodka&mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Caliden wrote: »
    anyone know if you can bring your own alcohol into the stage area?
    Have a 1 day ticket for saturday so can't 'fuel' up before going to the stage and don't feel like paying over 5 quid for a pint.

Also, can you brign a backpack with you to the stage, and if so, do they search it well or could you get away with a 2 litre bottle of vodka&mixer?

I don't think you're allowed but I think its easy enough to sneak it in, I'm just going on what I've been told though

Clothes-wise, what are we thinking?
    Waterproofs, wellies, hoody,...? Then shorts, t-shirts?

Oh and is everyone bringing all their drink on the Thursday? Or will you be going to Naas to top up? my friend did this cos she didn't want to carry all her drink!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

don't be a knacker and buy a ticket.

Anyone giving out tips on how to break in is getting banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I don't think you're allowed but I think its easy enough to sneak it in, I'm just going on what I've been told though

Will give it a go I guess. Any tips on the best ways of going about it?
    Bottle wrapped in a towel/clothes?
    In the sock? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

annainez wrote: »
    If you have a three day and want a four day you can get a 20 euro Thursday ticket on Ticketmaster but you have to bring both tickets to the gate and you can only get a 20 euro Thursday ticket if you already have a three day... with me?

i think so. Do i buy the ticket online or can i buy it up there?? sorry iv no clue how to work ticketmaster (oxegen tickets were a birthday present) :confused:

i think so. Do i buy the ticket online or can i buy it up there?? sorry iv no clue how to work ticketmaster (oxegen tickets were a birthday present) :confused:

I think it's just on ticketmaster.
    From Oxegen website:
    I have bought a three day camping ticket but now wish to camp on Thursday as well. Can I get a Thursday only ticket?
    If you have purchased a three day camping ticket (Fri-Sun) but now wish to camp on Thursday as well then you can bring your three day ticket to any Ticketmaster outlet and purchase a Thursday camping pass for €20. You will be required to bring both tickets to the festival to gain entry on Thursday. You must have a 3 day camping pass to purchase a Thursday only ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DnBMoloney24

This is my 3rd Oxegen. Still havnt mastered sneaking drink into the main arena from the campsite. Its not fair being expected to spend 9 cuid a point once inside (or whatever high price it is), and this year with the line up I think I'll be spending most my time in the arena. Any tips on how to get drink in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

blue-army wrote: »
    Just wondering.. How long is the walk from the car park to the red campsite? I've heard it's like 2-3 hours?! Surely not?

Na, last year there were 3 parts to the red campsite, my friends had a car parked in the very back of the red carpark and it was about a 10 to 15 minute walk back to any part of the red campsite. If you parked in red and camped in blue, it'd be longer, but probably just about 25mins or so depending where you are camped. To walk from the front entrance where the buses leave you off to the campsites is a good half hour walk...without the queueing!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Is there any news about stage times yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

eoin99 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Schuh Welly Exchange is going to be at Oxegen this year??? Came in handy last year with the weather!!

Bump. Anyone? Couldn't see anything on the Oxegen website about it..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

hey, i'm sure this question has probably been asked 1,000 times before, but my friends and I have red-camp tickets. but having looked at the oxegen camp map, the blue site looks so much better.

Do ye reckon we would be able to switch to the blue camp, once we go in. like go in the red entrance, and then just go over to the blue camp?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

How strict are they on the whole over 17's thing?

I'm only 16 but will they ask for ID when I get to the gate do they let everybody in?

Advertisement