Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Got a free ticket for the Saturday :) Hoping I can manage to stay in the campsite that night and be there again for Sunday which I've heard is fairly easy to do. Work on Monday morning though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Jello wrote: »
    Got a free ticket for the Saturday :) Hoping I can manage to stay in the campsite that night and be there again for Sunday which I've heard is fairly easy to do. Work on Monday morning though :mad:

In the rush back to the campsites after the headliners at 12/1am, it might be possible to shuffle past the security into the campsite, but the next day they'll be checking your wristband when you are going from the campsite into the main arena. if it has saturdays colour, you'll be kicked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jackreds

df1985 wrote: »
    No, they didnt, for the past few years you could get tickets right up to the day.
    Ok so you reckon i'd be able to get a 4 day camping ticket next Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

jackreds wrote: »
    Ok so you reckon i'd be able to get a 4 day camping ticket next Wednesday?

Definately. Oxegen hasn't sold out in a few years.

If you're looking for a bargain, why dont you try www.toutless.ie ?

there are many people trying to sell their unwanted tickets last minute & since it is not sold out, a few are going cheaper than cost price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i dont know, i havent been following how tickets have sold this year. if its anything like the last few years then you should be able to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

Ah you'll get one no bother. Stay positive! Woo, Oxegen! Smelliness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

nipps wrote: »
    does anyone know if there is a timetable of when each act is performing available? in order to plan out who i want to see in case two acts will clash.
    thanks

Not up yet I presume they are working on it at the mo!

http://2010.oxegen.ie/interactive-planner/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bolddoyler

1 Space left in the mirthmobile for Oxegen Saturday. I'm collecting from Lucan now as well if someone is along the route Tallaght - Lucan - Blanchardstown - Punchestown. PM me! Just need ppl to contribute towards petrol for obvious reasons!
    bolddoyler wrote: »
    Im going to oxegen for the Saturday and I have 2 spaces free in my car travelling from dub 15? If anyone wants to car pool i can offer a lift there and back. A contribution towards petrol is all I ask. PM me to discuss. Please note I don't let people smoke in the car and would prefer someone who wasn't going to get locked and puke pls thx bai!!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

How strict are they on the whole over 17's thing?

I'm only 16 but will they ask for ID when I get to the gate do they let everybody in?

OK guys, it's been let slide so far. If you are underage a) for drinking and b) for entry to the event do not ask for opinions on how to get around this on the thread. Thanks

You didn't do either of these, now did you?
    I now understand your post. Wasn't Still not very clear IMO :mad:

You didn't say who you were refering to, so that's a very easy mistake to make (you could have been reffering to me because it might have been mistaken that I was trying to get in underage by my first post, which I'm not trying to do!) I just wanted to know if i'll have to bring an adult :mad:

Get over yourself. If you can't figure out that i wasn't referring to you. That's your problem. There was no need for you to post anything after my post. Be greatful you got no warning or ban for questioning mod notes on thread. Next time, you will.

If you (or anyone else) have (has) any other difficulties in understanding my posts. PM me. Don't reply to this on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bolddoyler

Right that's it peeps, carpool sorted. Oxegen here we come Whoot! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

i wonder will they reduce the price of tickets on the day if it hasnt sold out.if they knocked,lets say 30 euro off a day ticket more people might go instead of paying the 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I reckon they'd shift a few tickets if they confirmed that the WC final would be shown on a big screen on the sunday, i know three lads in my town who havent bought a ticket for fear of missing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I reckon they'd shift a few tickets if they confirmed that the WC final would be shown on a big screen on the sunday, i know three lads in my town who havent bought a ticket for fear of missing it

I watched the last World Cup final at Oxegen....... cant see why they wouldnt do it again.

I watched the last World Cup final at Oxegen....... cant see why they wouldnt do it again.
    I thought that was only the last half hour? and it wasnt live

I wasnt live meself ;-), seen it on the big screen........... might have been only 30 minutes, things are hazy

aflib wrote: »
    i wonder will they reduce the price of tickets on the day if it hasnt sold out.if they knocked,lets say 30 euro off a day ticket more people might go instead of paying the 100
    Doubt it, Toutless and facebook are the places to look for bargains
    I wasnt live meself ;-), seen it on the big screen........... might have been only 30 minutes, things are hazy
    Thats understandable :p A lot of people would hate to miss it though, and itll be a nuisance having to find nearby pub after camping for 2/3 nights and smelling like sh*t :pac:

Thats understandable :p A lot of people would hate to miss it though, and itll be a nuisance having to find nearby pub after camping for 2/3 nights and smelling like sh*t :pac:

Its Kildare, we would blend in ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

They showed the whole game in the campsite on the big screen 4 years ago.

Its Kildare, we would blend in ;-)
    :D
    emc2 wrote: »
    They showed the whole game in the campsite on the big screen 4 years ago.
    Definitely? Thatd be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dace99

Most underrated festival item is an air-mattress I think..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HeinekenMusic: Ed

Hey guys,
    just wanted to fill you in on what Heineken are up to at this years Oxegen.

The Cold Rooms have already been mentioned, main points on these are:
    -they are free
    -They are open between 12pm and 2am
    -They are Heineken only
    -no beer will be for sale, shop around and get the best price either in your local or in Naas (you can still drop stuff in after that Sunday morning offie run).
    -They are located inside each campsite MAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Hey !! :cool:
    Oookay so i dunno if im doing this right at all .. Im a newbie so be nice :)

Basically my friend just won a comp with vodafone to interview acts this year at oxegen with Vip camping tickets ...

Can anyone tell me what that might include??

Ive just done a festival and have another one in three weeks so i wanna make sure liver damgae is worth it :) Or let someone else have the fun !

Thanking You !

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

KatieN17 wrote: »
    Hey !! :cool:
    Oookay so i dunno if im doing this right at all .. Im a newbie so be nice :)

Basically my friend just won a comp with vodafone to interview acts this year at oxegen with Vip camping tickets ...

Can anyone tell me what that might include??

Ive just done a festival and have another one in three weeks so i wanna make sure liver damgae is worth it :) Or let someone else have the fun !

Thanking You !

Entered that comp too... Fair play to her/him for winning, I obviously didnt win :(
    They are looking for someone that has a bubbly personality and would be very fluent at talking to strangers and celebs! Someone that would do reasonable background checks on the artists that are lined up to be interviewed eg. Names of their current albums or albums due to be released! knowing some of their songs would be a help or look up past interviews to get an idea of what to do!! I'd give anything for the chance to do it so, Love the moments while they last!
    Oh and your liver will be fine. Take some Dioralyte Re-hydration sachets with you and dont go over board. ENJOY!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

regarding the world cup i dont think it will be shown, as far as im aware no sport events are shown after that mini riot between clare and tipp supporters a few years back when the hurling was shown.

Im going to t in the park where its 100% the world cup will not be shown-its the sister festival to oxegen so it might be the same.

i could easily be proved wrong though, it is the world cup after all, and everyone is neutral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭HeinekenMusic: Ed

Howdy again, we'll also be back with Green Space this year.
    We've got an awesome dancefloor that generates power the more you dance on it and DJ’s playing all weekend long.

Of course the Green Spheres Stage is back too, and just in case you haven’t seen it, the line-up is as follows:
    Friday
    David Guetta, Goldfrapp, Empire Of The Sun, The Coral, Delorentos, God Is An Astronaut, Kassidy
    Saturday:
    Calvin Harris, Hot Chip, Gossip, La Roux, Cathy Davey, Ellie Goulding, Wallis Bird, Panama Kings
    Sunday:
    Mumford & Sons, Ocean Colour Scene, The Courteeners, Jamie T, We Are Scientists, Kate Nash, Diana Vickers, General Fiasco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Howdy again, we'll also be back with Green Space this year.
    We've got an awesome dancefloor that generates power the more you dance on it and DJ’s playing all weekend long.

Of course the Green Spheres Stage is back too, and just in case you haven’t seen it, the line-up is as follows:
    Friday
    David Guetta, Goldfrapp, Empire Of The Sun, The Coral, Delorentos, God Is An Astronaut, Kassidy
    Saturday:
    Calvin Harris, Hot Chip, Gossip, La Roux, Cathy Davey, Ellie Goulding, Wallis Bird, Panama Kings
    Sunday:
    Mumford & Sons, Ocean Colour Scene, The Courteeners, Jamie T, We Are Scientists, Kate Nash, Diana Vickers, General Fiasco

Would love to see Mumford&Sons.
    Didn't get tickets this year but you might see me there if I win a competition. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThatNewGuy

Hey, has anybody gotten turned away at the gate for not having and ID before?

Don't worry mod, I am over 17, just checking if I'll need to find somebody older to sign me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

In the rush back to the campsites after the headliners at 12/1am, it might be possible to shuffle past the security into the campsite, but the next day they'll be checking your wristband when you are going from the campsite into the main arena. if it has saturdays colour, you'll be kicked out.
    I've gone the past two years and never had my wristband checked going in either direction so I'd say I'll be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

Thanks guys for advice! tickets sorted and printed.
    Another question tho - the area at the front of stage - is it separate from the rest of the area, as in barriers - if it gets full in that particular area can you not get to the front?
    or is it just all open?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Why in the name of god did you buy tickets if your only 16? 2 weeks from 17 = 16. 16's are not allowed. Get it?

If you must know: Muse, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend, Florence, Jay Z, Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Ellie Goulding, much more artists, and the craic.

And yeah 16's are allowed.

Advertisement