Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

If you must know: Muse, Kasabian, Vampire Weekend, Florence, Jay Z, Eminem, Mumford and Sons, Ellie Goulding, much more artists, and the craic.

And yeah 16's are allowed.

Not on their own as the poster was suggesting.
    Over 25's with a 16 year old is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

Ok, there seems to be a lot of confusion about age.
    Under 17s must be accompanied by a 25+
    17 and over are grand. There is a list of acceptable ID on the Oxegen website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Not on their own as the poster was suggesting.
    Over 25's with a 16 year old is allowed.

I was only clarifying that they are, Noel, seen as you said they weren't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Drake pulled out...

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

I've entered a competition for Oxegen tickets 425 times now...

I'm obsessed. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

Drake pulled out...

are you serious?? :mad:

ALso why is it that you should camp as far away from the toilets as possible, i thought being closer would be better?

are you serious?? :mad:

ALso why is it that you should camp as far away from the toilets as possible, i thought being closer would be better?

because they will stink!:D

Never been camping before?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

thats a shame about drake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Tenks wrote: »
    I've entered a competition for Oxegen tickets 425 times now...

I'm obsessed. :(

If you're really that obsessed, why not just buy a ticket? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Josies_House

Hi,

can anyone tell me who is running the bus from The Square to Oxegen?
    And where I would buy tickets in advance?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

is it too dangerous for a girl to sleep on her own ? i have this option or sleeping with 4 guys one of whom i just split !1 gawd

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Comrade C

Hey guys! Tips on wat food to avoid, and what is at least somewhat worth the overpriced value?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

catthinkin wrote: »
    is it too dangerous for a girl to sleep on her own ? i have this option or sleeping with 4 guys one of whom i just split !1 gawd

I doubt it. You could always camp right next to them and you'll be fine.

Don't think sleeping with them is the greatest idea, especialy in the morning where they'd all be pitching tents of their own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

All the stories i've been hearing about oxegen people slitting tents etc. This is my first oxegen and i have a feeling it will be my last.

None the less, will be a savage weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Username20

Just on the world cup matter not sure if it will be shown but the Leinster football final was on the big screen last year anyway.(although kildare were in it)Hard to see them not showing the match as they have the screens for this purpose...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

micka wrote: »
    Howaya, does anyone know of decent bike racks at Oxegen?
    If they exist, are they 'lift_them_up_into_back_of_a_van' proof?
    Where will they be located?
    Are cycles targeted by the 'lets smash 'em up brigade' or am i just a security conscious 'aul git??

I cycled last year and got told by security "What the **** are ye doin on dat ting?" they werent exactly the most helpful. Theres no place to leave a bike there ended up locking it to a fence in a field outside the grounds. Your better off leavin the bike at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

I won two green campsite tickets.

Does anyone know if it's possible to leave everynight and come back in the next day?

Basically, don't want to camp and use the tickets as day tickets

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if it's possible to leave everynight and come back in the next day?

This is the best way to tackle oxegen and yes you can do it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Would ya be better off bringing your own drink or would it be easier to head into naas on the bus and get it up there??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

ciano1 wrote: »
    Would ya be better off bringing your own drink or would it be easier to head into naas on the bus and get it up there??

I'll be bringing enough to do me until saturday and then going 2 Naas that morning to re-stock again for the rest of the weekend...Wouldnt want to be going back and forth every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

If you're really that obsessed, why not just buy a ticket? :P

The woes of being unemployed, I'm afraid. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

lordgoat wrote: »
    This is the best way to tackle oxegen and yes you can do it no problem.

Nice one...

And would it be possible to bring a different person on one of the days?

ie. Bring a friend on the Saturday and bring someone else on the Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shano_46

i see a few people talking about walkie talkies . whats the shtory with this do phones not work. im meetin a few friends in there would i be better off sayin a place to meet before they go in then if phones are f***ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

shano_46 wrote: »
    i see a few people talking about walkie talkies . whats the shtory with this do phones not work. im meetin a few friends in there would i be better off sayin a place to meet before they go in then if phones are f***ed?
    That's standard fare at most large gatherings, matches, festivals etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'd personally try and sell them and then buy 3 day no camping tickets. You'd make a few bob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shano_46

sound man. my fone always works for matches and concerts. last year acdc der was sumthing like 60thousand people and had no problems so was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Oxegen iphone app is out today, has stage times, map etc. very useful.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/oxegen/id379639288?mt=8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

RHunce wrote: »
    anyone know how much rides are in the blue camp carnival? and the bungee in particular?

how much money agus cans are ye all bringing?

The carnival isnt cheap €5 is pretty much the cost of the standard ride, think the big drop was €10.
    The Elastic bungee however is €100 per pair, ie they wont let you in it on your own so u need a friend, or alternatively tell them where to go with their extortionate prices.

As for cash, Atms are dotted around most of the permanents building and are well signposted. They tend to out of order come night time but i assume they are refilled by staff in the morning, queues can be long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Phone coverage is patchy, but if you use text messages - and use them wisely, ie. "Meet me at VERY WELL DESCRIBED UNIQUE LANDMARK at 3, I will wait for you there." - then you'll be fine. There might be a slight delay, but so long as you allow a bit of time for that, it's no big deal.

Walkie Talkies seem like a great idea in theory, but in practice, they're a pain in the arse - you have to either have an appointed time to listen to them, or you have to have your ear on your walkie all the time, but either way it's stupid. You'll also pick up a lot of boring crew and emergency service chatter and everybody else who's had the walkie talkie bright idea, so you're far better off leaving them out, IMHO.

Advertisement