Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stage Times

main1.png

vodafone1.png

heineken.png

2fm.png

redbull.png

dance.png

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

where did u get this timetable can i ask? is there info on other stages? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://2010.oxegen.ie/line-up/by-stage/

TIMES ARE UP

So many clashes!

Muse VS BEP VS CalvinH VS ARMAND VAN HELDON
    Fatboy VS Guetta VS Simian MD
    Eminem VS Prodigy VS Mumford VS STEVE ANGELLO

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Whose ingenious idea was it to put Calvin Harris and Armand Van Helden on at the same time? if you like one chances are you like the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

the prodigy vs eminem
    muse v BEP
    chase & status v faithless...facepalm..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

ShaneU wrote: »
    Stage Times

main1.png

vodafone1.png

heineken.png

2fm.png

redbull.png

dance.png

I'm hoping to see John Mayer ...looks like his spot is TBC :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jighooligan

What is with the line up seriously lacking Mayer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Hey Every1

Im heading up this year with my mate. I havent a clue were to start like can i bring beer, is it safe for 2 girls in a tent, is there somewhere to charge the phone stuff like that. I got the 3 day camping on the red side is that the good side or is there a good side. help is needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

What is with the line up seriously lacking Mayer?

I'm thinking the same thing!

Nothing about it on his fan forums etc :confused:

carly_86 wrote: »
    Hey Every1

Im heading up this year with my mate. I havent a clue were to start like can i bring beer, is it safe for 2 girls in a tent, is there somewhere to charge the phone stuff like that. I got the 3 day camping on the red side is that the good side or is there a good side. help is needed

Red is the one all the younger crowd/freebies(Me) use.

You can bring drink, but only in plastic bottles. Beer is a waste, you wont be able to carry enough and will be cueing for the jacks all the time. Cheap spirits are the way to go.

Phone charging, there may be, but if you charge it on the friday(thursday if applicable) fully and only use it where necessary it should last. I often get a full week out of mine. On that, bring the bare minimum in terms of valuables. No ipods and stuff like that, you wont need em. Disposible cams are good too.

RE 2 girls, I havent been before but from reading up on it, the security in the camps seems good enough, I wouldnt worry, just keep your wits about you and dont over do it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

F**K Im after buying 5 boxes of beer r u sure I cant bring glasses bottles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Yeah you cant bring in glass. Has to be cans or plastic bottles.

Anyway, has anyone seen Armand van Helden live? Is he good for a big crowd? I like his music but cant find any videos online of him playing to a big crowd of about 5k people, just to give me an idea of what it would be like.

Yeah, I'm weighing up Vitalic myself.

Hopefully AVH will go on for a while so I can catch the end after a little BEP madness.

Seems ok there, not much moshing going on :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Has John Mayer pulled out? Cause Biffy were supposed to be on before him and now have been bumped up to his spot

Although if you go onto the event planner on the oxegen site they have John Mayer on the HPA stage on friday at at 23.25 - 0.05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shano_46

the organisers are being selfish they are putting all the clashes on purpose to break up the crowds but how fair is that like , paying enuf money for these tickets pure bull that is :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Does anybody know where a bus would take you from anywhere in Meath (Navan I'd say...) and how much it costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Should be one leaving from the fair green. Check in the music box and if I see any numbers around I'll post them up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 amjo92

Headin te oxygen 4 d 1st time... I'm 17 and just wonderin if i bring in drink will dey take it off me on d way in since im not 18 and all???

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

amjo92 wrote: »
    Headin te oxygen 4 d 1st time... I'm 17 and just wonderin if i bring in drink will dey take it off me on d way in since im not 18 and all???
    Just bring a few silvermints in case they smell your breath..SORTED ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 amjo92

Just bring a few silvermints in case they smell your breath..SORTED ;)
    Thinkin more along the lines ov bein searched goin in... I heard security was strict... dnt want te b buyin load a drink 4 it te b just taken off me yano...

amjo92 wrote: »
    Thinkin more along the lines ov bein searched goin in... I heard security was strict... dnt want te b buyin load a drink 4 it te b just taken off me yano...
    Everything in plastic bottles, caps off for security check, all good ;)
    Hoping lordgoat iz on da sozzle 2 nite udderwize u juz got me da ban , have a good one :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭markhiggins

just been reading through these posts. I live right beside oxegen and know how things work at this stage.

security is stict getting in with loads of booze, if your under 17, you can risk it but if they check its an expensive gamble. Get someone over 25 to go with you and sign you in. If not its 220euro that you are betting with on whether to get in or not.

from what i gather the match will be on. im not sure where but there are plans to show it.

you wont get in with glass bottles of any sort. there are places designated for putting drink into plastic from glass. bring beer if its you drink of choice. there was a big crew of us and we threw in an extra tent for supplies. but make sure its cans. naas is a pain in the ass to get to from punchestown, its a good 45mins to an hour walk and then youd have to get back with your drink. taxis wont take you if your filthy dirty from the weekend so id advise you to stock up. the gates arent that far from the campsites so youll have to do one tough walk and youll be grand.

food is expensive. bring stuff lilke crisps, sweets, whatever your fancy is. eat a decent meal inside once a day maybe and thrown in stuff to make a crappy sandwhich if your hungry at other times.

the general rule is no valuables that you cant afford to loose. there are places to charge phones inside, you put them into lockers. clothes can get wrecked so dont be bringing your sunday best.

for people worried about tent slashing, a few knackers do it. but they ususally get caught and kicked out by security if they are lucky because if other people catch them first they can get a good kicking. the security is good and once you are sensible you will be fine!

enjoy the music and the drinking! its a serious weekend!

mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sex pigeon

Can u buy a thurs night pass at d gate?? how much is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Do they allow you go to the campsite during the day if you don't have a camping wristband?

Reason I'm asking is that I've a few friends camping but I'm only going for 1 day (Saturday) and it would be nice to meet up with them at their tent before going to the Stage area.

:pac:
    just been reading through these posts. I live right beside oxegen and know how things work at this stage.

security is stict getting in with loads of booze, if your under 17, you can risk it but if they check its an expensive gamble. Get someone over 25 to go with you and sign you in. If not its 220euro that you are betting with on whether to get in or not.

from what i gather the match will be on. im not sure where but there are plans to show it.

you wont get in with glass bottles of any sort. there are places designated for putting drink into plastic from glass. bring beer if its you drink of choice. there was a big crew of us and we threw in an extra tent for supplies. but make sure its cans. naas is a pain in the ass to get to from punchestown, its a good 45mins to an hour walk and then youd have to get back with your drink. taxis wont take you if your filthy dirty from the weekend so id advise you to stock up. the gates arent that far from the campsites so youll have to do one tough walk and youll be grand.

food is expensive. bring stuff lilke crisps, sweets, whatever your fancy is. eat a decent meal inside once a day maybe and thrown in stuff to make a crappy sandwhich if your hungry at other times.

the general rule is no valuables that you cant afford to loose. there are places to charge phones inside, you put them into lockers. clothes can get wrecked so dont be bringing your sunday best.

for people worried about tent slashing, a few knackers do it. but they ususally get caught and kicked out by security if they are lucky because if other people catch them first they can get a good kicking. the security is good and once you are sensible you will be fine!

enjoy the music and the drinking! its a serious weekend!

mark
    For all saying they'll never go back..rent a van for the weekend..with the recession youll get one for €100-€200 for the 3 days so not too bad between 2-4 people..throw your Da/Brother/Mate a tenner to drop ye off if your not confident enough to drive it ..it stays in the van park in the blue carpark for the weekend ..(maybe they have one in red too, not too sure)..just remind em to collect ye:p..after 2007 mudbath would never stay in the campsites again..thou if youre 16-25 go for it..best time of your life..lots of festivals in the UK have bans on vans but here we dont (yet).. and it makes the weekend so much easier..airbeds in the back..portable fridges for the gargle..changes of clothes at the ready and you only need a B car licence to drive one..(who decided that:pac:)..Just made Oxegen soo much better for us last few years ..so if u havent got a semi-D in the Green site..might be the next best thing:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I made myself a timetable, might come in handy for some of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

My ticket is a red camp site one. Won from the Radio but whats the story as i was told i could still go into blue from the guy. All my mates are in blue camp and he said i just have to go in through the red but then able to get to the blue one from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Caliden wrote: »
    Do they allow you go to the campsite during the day if you don't have a camping wristband?

Nope.

• Advertisement

SDTimeout wrote: »
    My ticket is a red camp site one. Won from the Radio but whats the story as i was told i could still go into blue from the guy. All my mates are in blue camp and he said i just have to go in through the red but then able to get to the blue one from there.

makes no difference to where you pitch your tent. only difference is that if you are driving, you will only allowed to park in the red carpark so longer hike to the campsite. You can camp in either red or blue as long as you have a camping ticket.

I've just decided that I'm ridiculously excited :D

Advertisement