Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just noticed there that John Mayer's name was taken off the line-up poster:

http://2010.oxegen.ie/line-up/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

l have a 3 day no camping ticket just wondering how much it costs 2 updrade to a 3 or 4 day camping ticket?? cant seem 2 find it on the website:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ooPabsoo

think its like 30 euro or something like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

ooPabsoo wrote: »
    think its like 30 euro or something like that
    cheers,anyone have any idea where i can find out cant seem to find it on the website or ticketmaster:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭SYLT

dario28 wrote: »
    and opinions on Armand Van Helden ???

Class act, can't wait to see him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 F_DIZZLER

Hi im 17 and wondering firstly do they search every1's bags when going in and secondly if they find drink will they take it off me??

Finally...do they search your bag if you're going into the green campsite?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

F_DIZZLER wrote: »
    Hi im 17 and wondering firstly do they search every1's bags when going in and secondly if they find drink will they take it off me??

They search Everyone's bag going into blue and red, but im not too sure about green.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

just had a look at the weather forecast on MSN.... happy enough! I can handle light showers, just not torrential rain! roll on friday :D

Friday
    09 Jul Light Showers
    High: 21° Low: 13°

Saturday
    10 Jul Partly Cloudy
    High: 17° Low: 11°

Sunday
    11 Jul Light Showers
    High: 18° Low: 11°

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Has anyone been to the signing tent before?
    I want to try and meet 30 Seconds To Mars as they are one of my favorite bands but I don't know when to start queing, is there normally a long queue there and do they turn away people often?( I know seeing as 30STM are probably one of the biggest acts in the tent there'll be a fairly long queue, I just want an estimate of when I should get there :) )

Vodkat wrote: »
    They search Everyone's bag going into blue and red, but im not too sure about green.

But if they fin drink in my bag will they take it as im 17 or are they easy on that???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Deb19

blubloblu wrote: »
    They have the right not to let you in if you refuse.
    that doesnt tell me whether or not they can body search you..
    theres different laws in every country.. i no that in Aus security cannot search you, only police unless you look like your carrying drugs or alcohol on you.. but im not sure whether this is the same in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Has anyone been to the signing tent before?
    I want to try and meet 30 Seconds To Mars as they are one of my favorite bands but I don't know when to start queing, is there normally a long queue there and do they turn away people often?( I know seeing as 30STM are probably one of the biggest acts in the tent there'll be a fairly long queue, I just want an estimate of when I should get there :) )

eh snap happy thats never happeing, u never get good bands doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

But if they fin drink in my bag will they take it as im 17 or are they easy on that???

Taken from the website FAQ:

Can I bring alcohol to OXEGEN?

Alcohol is permitted in the campsite only. . All liquids must be in plastic bottles or cansNo glass is allowed in the campsite but liquids can be transferred into plastic bottles at the bottle decanting stations at the entrance to the campsite.

If you are camping, you can bring your drink into the campsite no problem. If you are trying to bring drink from a bag into the arena (from outside or campsite) you will be stopped.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

FFS
    What are you on about? If you're underage of course they'll take drink off you. It's illegal. Also don't ask for ways around this on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

eh snap happy thats never happeing, u never get good bands doing it

They've been confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Adiboo wrote: »
    They've been confirmed.

S/He said good bands :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

S/He said good bands :p

1. They also said it wasn't going to happen

and

2. Lets not start one of those debates! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Does anyone have details on the TV coverage of the festival. Especially Eminem. Will he be included in a full or partial broadcast? Maybe something on the Radio?

cheers!

sabrewulf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

lordgoat wrote: »
    FFS
    What are you on about? If you're underage of course they'll take drink off you. It's illegal. Also don't ask for ways around this on thread.

They actually don't.

SantryRed wrote: »
    They actually don't.

What age are you santrygoat??

did u go to oxegen last year??

did u get in ok with drink??

btw....im not asking 4 ways to get around it!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 misslily

so whats the dealio with getting to oxegen can anyone help? Ive just had a root around on the bus eireann and dublin bus websites and from what i can see all the day return bus tickets seem to be sold out or not available.

what are my options for getting there just for the day does anyone know ? are their private coaches taht are doing runs from dublin city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

dicey1664 wrote: »
    cheers,anyone have any idea where i can find out cant seem to find it on the website or ticketmaster:mad:
    You need to take your ticket to an actual ticketmaster outlet and they'll upgrade it there. I'm fairly sure you can do it at the box office at Oxegen too.

And they don't take drink off you if you're under 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,298 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Oh dear, now this should be one for the conspiracy theorists, did he ever intend to come anyway?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Horgan wrote: »

Why is this still being brought up when it has been proved that it's a fake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Horgan wrote: »

I heard Michael Jackson is replacing him thou;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Gear9992 wrote: »
    This is also my first time going, and I'm wondering if an 8-man tent would be allowed or is it too big? And if I went on Friday, would there be any room left or would most of the space be taken since the Thursday?

An 8 man tent should be grand, but it's really unnecessary and will stick out quite a lot. So it'll be a target. There'll be loads of space left but it'll be further back from the arena (which I think is better.). Don't camp near the toilets! Near enough so that it's only a couple of minute walk but far enough that the smell won't reach you.

Well it depends on the person really. I've never had my bag searched and I've been there since 2004. I'm sure you could just check out the queue's and see who's doing a thorough search and go to whoever isn't.

And yeah, they might take it off you. There's usually a few bouncers with crates stacked beside them with some annoyed teenagers begging to get them back. We used to have an older friend bring ours in.
    Deb19 wrote: »
    that doesnt tell me whether or not they can body search you..
    theres different laws in every country.. i no that in Aus security cannot search you, only police unless you look like your carrying drugs or alcohol on you.. but im not sure whether this is the same in ireland.

Well there'll be guards there so if they want you searched they'll just hold you and have the guard come over and do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 DnBMoloney24

They actually don't.

Its the luck of the draw really. Someones cans must have been confiscated for the stacks of crates that are beside the stewards on the way in. Its not worth the risk so just give them to someone over 18 to bring in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

They actually don't.

Having friends that work security i can guarantee you that they do in fact take drink off people with no id. So you are very wrong to state that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SD7792

Anyone know how long it takes to walk from the Bus Park to the red camp?

Advertisement