Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

lordgoat wrote: »
    Having friends that work security i can guarantee you that they do in fact take drink off people with no id. So you are very wrong to state that.

Its hard enough to guarentee it all the same..When ya go 2 the entrance you're asked for I.D and then let in once you're over 17, your bags are then searched at a seperate area for glass/other prohibited items and then ya move on to have your ticket scanned by different people again..

Once you're past the initial I.D check its unlikely any drink would be taken off you.

SD7792 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes to walk from the Bus Park to the red camp?

Its probably only ten or fifteen minutes, its just the ordeal of carrying the weight of your tent,drink,clothes,etc that makes it seem like it takes forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Thunder10 wrote: »
    Its probably only ten or fifteen minutes, its just the ordeal of carrying the weight of your tent,drink,clothes,etc that makes it seem like it takes forever!

And the queue to get in. We waited at least an hour to get in. Then we walked to the far end of the blue campsite, where it was really quiet. It was difficult with a massive bag and 30 cans :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Its hard enough to guarentee it all the same..When ya go 2 the entrance you're asked for I.D and then let in once you're over 17, your bags are then searched at a seperate area for glass/other prohibited items and then ya move on to have your ticket scanned by different people again..

Once you're past the initial I.D check its unlikely any drink would be taken off you.

I can guarantee you that booze will be taken. Yes some people will probably get in. But to suggest it doesn't happen or is unlikely is plain wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Anyone know how often the shuttle will be going between Naas and Punchestown? Or how often it went last year? It's probably half-hourly or so but I just want to make sure :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Anyone know how often the shuttle will be going between Naas and Punchestown? Or how often it went last year? It's probably half-hourly or so but I just want to make sure :rolleyes:

Ya around that or else until its got a decent amount of passengers on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Think it was every 15 mins last year.

I can guarantee you that booze will be taken. Yes some people will probably get in. But to suggest it doesn't happen or is unlikely is plain wrong.

I'm sure it does happen but I would still say its unlikely for most people, so we'll agree to disagree.

At the same time, the festival itself is bringing these kind of 'problems' on itself by having an over 17s age limit at an event where drink is highly prominent.

Anyone any idea why oxegen has an age limit of 17s and over actually?

Anyone any idea why oxegen has an age limit of 17s and over actually?

I'd bet my cotton socks it's to do with insurance.

I'd bet my cotton socks it's to do with insurance.

But then why not just make the festival 18's and over or even 16's and over..17 just seems like a fairly strange cut-off point.

• Advertisement

But then why not just make the festival 18's and over or even 16's and over..17 just seems like a fairly strange cut-off point.

Well the govt. seem to think it's the right age to start people driving etc. so I suppose 16/17/18 is seen as the cut-off point by insurance companies. They probably weighed the increase in ticket sales of opening the fest. to 16 year olds and found that the cost of allowing them on site unsupervised outweighed the increased revenue.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Ya around that or else until its got a decent amount of passengers on it.
    Think it was every 15 mins last year.

any of ye know where the shuttle bus picks up in Naas??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Hey guys, ive a ticket for sunday night and im been picked up after it so could anyone advise me on the best area to get picked up after it finishes?

And do you go in a different route if you've a 1 day ticket?? i see the roads around punchestown all have red route this way....

Thanks in advance;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

John Mayer cancelled

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yup Mayer is gone
    It is with much regret that due to unforeseen circumstances John Mayer is no longer able to perform at OXEGEN this weekend.

Has also pulled out of TITP

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Bought my ticket last week but it still hasn't arrived yet, should I be worried? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Bought my ticket last week but it still hasn't arrived yet, should I be worried? :/

It's happening to a few people, so it's not that worrying. Ring ticketmaster (or email then) and see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 herewego

why did Mayer cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Hey guys, ive a ticket for sunday night and im been picked up after it so could anyone advise me on the best area to get picked up after it finishes?

And do you go in a different route if you've a 1 day ticket?? i see the roads around punchestown all have red route this way....

Thanks in advance;)

Get dropped off at goffs park and ride. The bus takes 10-15 mins and is free. Get picked up from there after the gig too (free bus takes you straight back to the park and ride). Much much handier for anyone collecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

Few quick question lads...

Is a photocopy of my passport sufficient as ID?
    How likely am I to be asked to produce ID?
    If I were under 18, would I have my beverages taken by the security staff on entering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Keano! wrote: »
    Few quick question lads...

Is a photocopy of my passport sufficient as ID?
    How likely am I to be asked to produce ID?
    If I were under 18, would I have my beverages taken by the security staff on entering?

OXEGEN is strictly 17s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry.

When entering the festival you will need to prove your age so please bring a passport, photo driving license, Garda ID or official school or college ID with a colour photo copy of your passport. School or college ID must be official on a credit card format, not on a laminated piece of card.

RE Drink, yes, as previously discussed 100x over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Hi anyone know why Drake pulled out? thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

John 187 wrote: »
    Hi anyone know why Drake pulled out? thanks.

I think his mother is getting an operation and he wants to be there for her

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Secondhanddress

According to Two Door Cinema Club's Facebook they are now filling the Mayer spot, which is great coz now I get to see their whole set and Biffy :). Don't think they're able for the main stage yet tho, saw them in Dolans in March and they had no crowd interaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 F_DIZZLER

Having friends that work security i can guarantee you that they do in fact take drink off people with no id. So you are very wrong to state that.

Lordgoat is a SAP!!!!

Its not worth the risk so just give them to someone over 18 to bring in.

Dis that not leave ur older friend with way too much booze to carry or was he ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

I'm confused by the wording on the Oxegen website. It says:
    When entering the festival you will need to prove your age so please bring a passport, photo driving license, Garda ID or official school or college ID with a colour photo copy of your passport. School or college ID must be official on a credit card format, not on a laminated piece of card.

I have a drivers license but do I need t bring a colour photocopy of my passport or what?

Kento wrote: »
    I'm confused by the wording on the Oxegen website. It says:

I have a drivers license but do I need t bring a colour photocopy of my passport or what?

I think its just for school or college ID. I'm just bringing my Garda ID.

Lads, Ticketmaster no longer have DubBus passes online, they're still in outlets right?

• Advertisement

Kento wrote: »

If i were u id bring a photocopy of ur passport just to be safe, unless ur drivin liscence is fake and ur date of births are different then ur in a mess!

Advertisement