Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

dannym08 wrote: »
    any of ye know where the shuttle bus picks up in Naas??

Last year I got it to and from the court on the mainstreet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

F_DIZZLER wrote: »
    Lordgoat is a SAP!!!!
    Those measures he's set against underage drinking are pretty harsh alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭**Portia**

My local spar has Bus tickets but they are for the 'weekend' Thurs-Sun. If I buy this will it cover me ?? - am going just for the day on Sat.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dunnydundun

Hey does anyone know what time the last bus on thursday leaves? I saw 9 on one website bus 8 on another...confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Hey does anyone know what time the last bus on thursday leaves? I saw 9 on one website bus 8 on another...confused:
    Timetable from Dublin

The buses will depart from Parnell Square West at the following times
    Thursday 8th July from 12:00hrs until 21:00hrs
    Friday 9th July from 12:00hrs until 21:00hrs
    Saturday 10th July from 10:00hrs until 17:00hrs
    Sunday 11th July from 11:00hrs until 16:00hrs

Timetable from Punchestown

The buses will depart from Punchestown at the following times
    Friday 9th July directly after the event
    Saturday 10th July directly after the event
    Sunday 11th July directly after the event
    Monday 12th July from 06:00hrs until 12:00hrs

Not exactly hard to find:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

lordgoat wrote: »
    Having friends that work security i can guarantee you that they do in fact take drink off people with no id. So you are very wrong to state that.

I was only 17 last year and so were most of my friends and none of us had our drink taken off us :confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pace2008 wrote: »
    Those measures he's set against underage drinking are pretty harsh alright.

Eh in case you don't know it's not my stance. Do you know what the legal drinking age is? You do know that it's not me who sets this age limit right?

boards.ie is bound by the same laws as anyone other company and are not allowed to promote or solicite under age drinking.

For next year's thread there will no mention of alcohol allowed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

SantryRed wrote: »
    I was only 17 last year and so were most of my friends and none of us had our drink taken off us :confused:

I couldn't give a ****. I know that three of my friends that did work security didn't have to buy booze until october after oxegen. You got lucky others didn't.:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThatNewGuy

Eh in case you don't know it's not my stance. Do you know what the legal drinking age is? You do know that it's not me who sets this age limit right?

boards.ie is bound by the same laws as anyone other company and are not allowed to promote or solicite under age drinking.

I don't think that'll go down well.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dunnydundun

Not exactly hard to find:rolleyes:
    haha sorry I guess Im just bad at finding things :P Thanks a mil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

ThatNewGuy wrote: »
    I don't think that'll go down well.. :rolleyes:
    I think it will! The amount of the same old "how can I sneak my alcohol in" questions is very tedious to read over and over and over again.

Anyways heading up on Thursday morning, really looking forward to it. Havent been in a couple of years so it will be nice to be back. Looks like Thursday night and Friday will be wet but the rest of the weekend should be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Arctic89

Hoping someone can help me out with this.

4 of us (of a group of 8 going to the festival) want to leave Oxegen on Sunday morning, go and watch the Leinster football final (we're from Louth) and get back up in time to watch the last few acts at Oxegen.

I'm driving up on Thursday but I'm not sure Id be allowed take my car out of the car park and get back in that night on the same tickets. I know the last bus for oxegen leaves parnell square at 4, and with throw in at 2, I dont think we'd make that. I also have no idea how we could get out of Oxegen to Dublin on Sunday morning as there doesnt seem to be any buses.

Anyone have any idea what I could do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I think it will! The amount of the same old "how can I sneak my alcohol in" questions is very tedious to read over and over and over again.

Anyways heading up on Thursday morning, really looking forward to it. Havent been in a couple of years so it will be nice to be back. Looks like Thursday night and Friday will be wet but the rest of the weekend should be decent.

Completely agree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Heard a strong rumour from a reliable source that 3 day camping tickets will go on sale for 199 tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ThatNewGuy

I know they're really annoying and it'll go down great with other people but for the people keep that keep doing it it wont go down too well! That's what I meant :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I was being sarcastic as the poster quoted seemed to hold you solely responsible for MCD/Ireland's alcohol policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

So, who's excited?
    Anyone you're really excited to see?

I'm gonna recommend one band: Fox Avenue. They're a pop/rock(they play their own instruments) band from dublin. Lovely lads, i met them at one of their concerts in the academy 2. They're playing at 3.55 on the vodafone stage on friday. Nice band to ease you into the festival experience. Their relatively unknown but expect big things from them:) they've been getting alot of airplay on the smaller radio stations (i105-107,i102-104) and the feedback they've been getting is all positive.
    So everyone should go see them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Heard a strong rumour from a reliable source that 3 day camping tickets will go on sale for 199 tomorrow

As far as I'm aware, changing ticket prices after they have gone on sale is illegal. I was concerned about this happening for my first concert (Metallica) and that's what I was told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Fox Avenue are a pile of shíte in fairness. Otherwise, Friday is a great day for Irish bands: God Is An Astronaut, Codes, Delorentos, Villagers, O Emperor.

Ouside of those I'm really looking forward to: Empire of The Sun, The Temper Trap, Jay-Z, Two Door Cinema Club, Kasabian, Delphic, The Prodigy, Mumford and Sons, David Guetta, Faithless, Editors and Biffy Clyro.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

niamhallen wrote: »
    So, who's excited?
    Anyone you're really excited to see?

I'm gonna recommend one band: Fox Avenue. They're a bubblegum pop(they play their own instruments) band from dublin. Lovely lads, i met them at one of their concerts in the academy 2. They're playing at 3.55 on the vodafone stage on friday. Nice band to ease you into the festival experience. Their relatively unknown but expect big things from them:) they've been getting alot of airplay on the smaller radio stations (i105-107,i102-104) and the feedback they've been getting is all positive.
    So everyone should go see them:D

FYP

Fox Avenue are awful! Their fan base is all too young for Oxegen anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Does anyone know for definite if:
    You can get a red parking pass if you present 2 red tickets and 2 blue tickets at ticketmaster?

Or do you have to park in red with a red camp ticket or park in blue with a blue one?!

Or if you have to present all 4 of the same campsite to get one?

Well it depends what you're into so. Was just trying to make a suggestion:/ and you did not fix my post. Bubblegum pop is jlsesque bands.
    Not bands who play their own instruments.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Exodus 1811

just wondering can you use the same 4 tickets to get the free car parking pass?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

niamhallen wrote: »
    Well it depends what you're into so. Was just trying to make a suggestion:/ and you did not fix my post. Bubblegum pop is jlsesque bands.
    Not bands who play their own instruments.

Funny thing is I'm into bands close to what are called "similar bands" but they are PURE pop. Playing your own instruments does not 1. automatically allow you to call yourself rock and 2. stop you from being poppy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Cant wait for this weekend especially Sunday Mr. Mathers is the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

Funny thing is I'm into bands close to what are called "similar bands" but they are PURE pop. Playing your own instruments does not 1. automatically allow you to call yourself rock and 2. stop you from being poppy

I don't really care for all the technicalities of genres and whatever but Fox Avenue are one of the most musically unintelligent bands I've had the misfortune to hear/come across in a long time.

Its basically just The Blizzards version 2.0 but somehow even worse.

Example of good irish guitar-pop:

Jesus, i'll keep my suggestions to myself from now on:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭catthinkin

hi where you here this and where from ?

I'm into "similar bands" aswell. I know the difference between pop/rock and pop. I never said they were rock. They do not have a pure pop sound.
    I've heard them live 3 times and they are definately not all pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Perhaps it has been mentioned but Scouting Ireland are putting up tents for charity. Suggested donation of a tenner (I think). You should get us to put them up :)

Advertisement