Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

niamhallen wrote: »
    I'm into "similar bands" aswell. I know the difference between pop/rock and pop. I never said they were rock. They do not have a pure pop sound.
    I've heard them live 3 times and they are definately not all pop.

i'm not starting an argument, but I've heard them plenty a time too. They cant be called Rock. That was my only issue. They are pop with extra instruments if you insist on mentioning them. And I am leaving it at that.

You'll get over them in a few years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭niamhallen

i'm not starting an argument, but I've heard them plenty a time too. They cant be called Rock. That was my only issue. They are pop with extra instruments if you insist on mentioning them. And I am leaving it at that.

You'll get over them in a few years

Eh patronising much?
    Back to the point. I was only trying to make a suggestion, i'm not forcing anyone to go to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

The weather is looking pretty bad. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Hey, quick question,

Just booked a day ticket for saturday,
    ive to collect it at the box office, however the group im travelling with are parking in the red car park..
    soes anyone know where the box office/ticket collection is??
    any other time ive been to oxegen ove camped and had it booked well in advance.. thanks!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

The weather is looking pretty bad. :(

It's only light showers as far as I've heard. that's not too bad! As long as it's nothing like like last year I'll be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭John 187

Thanks for the reply about Drake you can't complain about him pulling out for reasons like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Can anyone suggest a town that we can stop off in on the way (Coming on the motorway from Cork) Obvious choice is Naas I know but the place will be jammers I'd say..

Looking for a Tesco and Lidl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Teferi wrote: »
    Perhaps it has been mentioned but Scouting Ireland are putting up tents for charity. Suggested donation of a tenner (I think). You should get us to put them up :)

Sprung tent:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Does anybody know what time the last bus leaves Dublin city centre at on Fri? Me and my mates cant get off so it will be a late rush. Would there many places to pitch a tent on Fri night? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Teferi wrote: »
    Perhaps it has been mentioned but Scouting Ireland are putting up tents for charity. Suggested donation of a tenner (I think). You should get us to put them up :)

Oh damn I forgot to say it. I've cousins doing that. Also if your tent/sleeping bag is in a good condition and you're not going to use it again, leave it there! They donate them to the Simon Communities.

TheTwiz wrote: »
    Does anybody know what time the last bus leaves Dublin city centre at on Fri? Me and my mates cant get off so it will be a late rush. Would there many places to pitch a tent on Fri night? Thanks

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but... you'll probably end up right next to the jacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

Think I'm all packed :D woooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

FYP

Fox Avenue are awful! Their fan base is all too young for Oxegen anyway!

Too young for Oxegen? :eek:
    cork*girl wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a town that we can stop off in on the way (Coming on the motorway from Cork) Obvious choice is Naas I know but the place will be jammers I'd say..

Looking for a Tesco and Lidl! :D

Portloaise, maybe?
    Not sure if there's Tesco or Lidl there but there is definitely a Dunnes.

ive to collect it at the box office, however the group im travelling with are parking in the red car park..

Box office collection is just inside the entrance gate - you'll have no problem finding it.

it's right under the red bus!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 splash137

Think the weather will laregly be okay for the weekend..some rain falls but generally dry so I don't think there's too much need to worry about this!

I've a question for those who may have used Goffs Park and Ride..How early on the Friday do u reckon we should arrive there?
    Do the car spaces fill up fast?
    Is the car park a proper car park or just a field that may get mushy?
    And finally and most importantly (!).. How safe do you think Goffs is to leave your car there?

Thanks folks!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone know what the story is with getting a taxi from Goffs to Newlands X after 12 midnight to about 1am? Will there be an unofficial taxi rank at Goffs for the duration of the festival? Would the Dublin city shuttle bus stop at Newlands X or is it a direct service?

Basically, looking for the best (cheapest) way fo getting from Oxegen to Newlands X after the concerts each night - any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

Box office collection is just inside the entrance gate - you'll have no problem finding it.

Thanks!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Okay just had a brainwave there, I want to go to Oxegen now. So I'm thinking should I buy a single day Friday pass and try and stay for the weekend?(I'd be camping with my mates who would have setup on Thursday). Or play safe and buy a 3-day camping ticket?

Any advice appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Anyone know what a vip ticket includes??
    friend has 4 vip tickets from Vodafone ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 BazzVanChazz

anybody any info on what alcohol will be available??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Just Heineken Mostly! :)

• Advertisement

Heineken and Wine.
    Red bull academy will maybe sell vodka?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭theflesh

Unfortunate place to clip the news teaser on the Oxegen website...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Hey, quick question,

Just booked a day ticket for saturday,
    soes anyone know where the box office/ticket collection is??
    any other time ive been to oxegen ove camped and had it booked well in advance.. thanks!

That's miles away from the red car park though! You'd need to collect your ticket first and then head to the red car park.

EDIT: Map says that's ''ticketmaster ticket sales'' so maybe there's a box office at the red entrance too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

theflesh wrote: »
    Unfortunate place to clip the news teaser on the Oxegen website...

That has really made my night

• Registered Users Posts: 29 s0ur_cherry

I've a ticket for red camp but I intend on camping in blue camp. I know this is allowed and all, but I'm just wondering if someone with a red camp ticket can enter through the blue camp entrance? i remember last year the line diverged for the two separate campsites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frayner250

What does my VIP entitle me to????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

I've a ticket for red camp but I intend on camping in blue camp. I know this is allowed and all, but I'm just wondering if someone with a red camp ticket can enter through the blue camp entrance? i remember last year the line diverged for the two separate campsites.

In a nutshell, yes!

The campsite on all the tickets only corresponds to which carpark people can park in, i.e. if you have a blue campsite ticket, you can only park in the blue carpark but you can still camp in the red campsite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

frayner250 wrote: »
    What does my VIP entitle me to????

Where did you get your ticket from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Heard a strong rumour from a reliable source that 3 day camping tickets will go on sale for 199 tomorrow

You mean you're trying to start a rumour?
    Okay just had a brainwave there, I want to go to Oxegen now. So I'm thinking should I buy a single day Friday pass and try and stay for the weekend?(I'd be camping with my mates who would have setup on Thursday). Or play safe and buy a 3-day camping ticket?

Any advice appreciated.

Just get the camping ticket. You could go one night and go back to the campsite that night but you wouldn't get to see any bands after that night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Thunder10 wrote: »
    In a nutshell, yes!

The campsite on all the tickets only corresponds to which carpark people can park in, i.e. if you have a blue campsite ticket, you can only park in the blue carpark but you can still camp in the red campsite.

So if you get a lift to the blue camp-site with mates, you will be able to enter from there with a red camping ticket and make your way to the red camp-site from there?

Advertisement