Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That_Guy wrote: »
    Oxegen is irritating for line up. It's one of the only music festivals in Europe that don't cater for all types of music. They seem to shy away from hard rock/metal every year.

They've got dance, acoustic, indie and every other genre but metal there.

If they got at least four metal bands to play next year I'd definitely go.

I do like indie music but it gets repetitive when you see two or three bands who sound the exact same.

Case in point:

Editors played on the mainstream followed straight after by Interpol.

I don't think Glastonbury had any metal bands when i went in 2007, and they had hundreds of acts.
    Most of the metal fans I know tend not to listen to much music that's not hard rock, whereas fans of other genres would listen to other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Headliners bound to be Kasabian, Arctic Monkeys and Muse surely.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mushy wrote: »

Yea id say its looking that way but if only they would take AM out and put some way better in their place . I also seen on efestivals forum that Kasabian said they are only Co-headlining TITP and they dont know who else is playing with them.

Yea id say its looking that way but if only they would take AM out and put some way better in their place . I also seen on efestivals forum that Kasabian said they are only Co-headlining TITP and they dont know who else is playing with them.

Yeah was doubting Kasabian would headline thmselves. Prob be either some band that re-unites, or else The Strokes.

Yeah was doubting Kasabian would headline thmselves. Prob be either some band that re-unites, or else The Strokes.

Im not sure if we will get the Strokes since we usually get the same headliners as TITP and since Rockness have The Strokes im not sure we would get them although i would enjoy Kasabian/Strokes co headliners.

• Advertisement

Didn't some band who recently play Oxegen also play Rockness?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Surely Kasabian aren't big enough to headline Oxegen? They're a certainly a lot smaller than Muse and Arctic Monkeys. They're certainly not as big as the headliners from the last few years.

Jay P wrote: »
    Surely Kasabian aren't big enough to headline Oxegen? They're a certainly a lot smaller than Muse and Arctic Monkeys. They're certainly not as big as the headliners from the last few years.

Its more that they confirmed for TITP, so by logic they'll do that at Oxegen. Most likely be day with other big band though.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

Its more that they confirmed for TITP, so by logic they'll do that at Oxegen. Most likely be day with other big band though.
    seen them in the o2 recently and lead singer(tom meeghan)said at the end of the gig,see yous all at oxegen

STEREOPHONICS frontman Kelly Jones says he's dying to play T in the Park next year - even though Scots fans always throw things at him.

Kelly, who performed an intimate gig for just 350 Bauer Radio competiton winners at Glasgow's Classic Grand this weekend, says he and the boys are hoping they'll get to play T in August.

He exclusively told The Razz: "We are keeping our fingers crossed.

"Now that we have the new album Keep Calm And Carry On, it's all going to happen in January and we're optimistic we'll be asked to play T."

Welsh lad Kelly and the band admitted they have had more than a few odd objects thrown at them while playing the Balado festival.

He said: "People throw vegetables and tins of tuna.

"Guitarist Adam even had a peach thrown at him after he said he liked them. A lot of clothes tend to get thrown in Scotland, coats and shoes, but only one, like a trainer.

"After we've played somewhere like the Barrowlands we imagine there must be all these bareback men hopping home.

"If anyone wants to throw up anything like shoes, you're best to throw up both."

But Kelly confessed to playing dirty during his first ever headliner at T in the Park - revealing he had to unblock a loo at the place he was staying on the morning of the festival.

There were no such problems at the Classic Grand gig.

Kelly and his bandmates thrilled the audience with new tracks such as Innocent and I Got Your Number, as well as classics including Dakota and Maybe Tomorrow on Saturday night.

But he admits he temporarily forgot some of the chords on his guitar.

He said: "I haven't played some of these for about five years.

"I'm a little bit rusty but it's coming back to me."

Making reference to the title of the band's new album, he says he has a better way of handling nerves these days - keeping calm by breathing deeply and counting to 10.

He says that bandmate Adam listens to Beethoven, Mozart and Chopin to help him relax, while Richard Jones, the bass player, rides motorbikes, and drummer Javier has hot soapy baths.

He adds: "Our resolution for the new year is literally to keep calm and carry on."

So maybe Stereophonics could be coming back. I think Stereophonics/Kasabian combo as co headliners would work and i would really enjoy it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

No scumbags - you know who you are:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

KOL
    Kasabian
    Bloc Party
    Killers
    Daft Punk
    Red Hot Chillies
    Greenday
    Foo Fighters
    Snow Patrol
    ....list could go on

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Soby wrote: »
    KOL
    Kasabian
    Bloc Party
    Killers
    Daft Punk
    Red Hot Chillies
    Greenday
    Foo Fighters
    Snow Patrol
    ....list could go on

Oh dear. I want none of them.

Actually no wait.

I'd take Kasabian and Foo Fighters.

I wouldn't say Green Day will play Oxegen as they've just announced that they're playing in Marlay Park. I'd say Muse will headline anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

I'd say either blink or my chem.
    Pretty good chance of my chem, new album in march and non-stop touring from then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

The Prodigy
    Pendulm(good chance)
    Daft Punk
    Bloody Beatroots
    Enter Shikari
    The Killers
    Florence and the Machine

Looks like it could be Green Day as one of the headliners. This could fake but it
    http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=767192&mpage=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Looks like it could be Green Day as one of the headliners. This could fake but it
    http://forums.readingfestival.com/tm.aspx?m=767192&mpage=1

Doesn`t say anything on their website,doubt it because they are playing Marley Park in june

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Who I'd like to see is never gonna happen at Oxegen.

Orbital, NIN, Tool, QOTSA, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy, Vitalic, Daft Punk, Nas, Pearl Jam, Aphex Twin(happened once, probably never again), Asian Dub Foundation, Rancid, Royksopp, Dinosaur Jr, Gary Numan. See, never gonna happen. Maybe Daft Punk, Chems or Prodigy.

Havnt the above played Ep in the Past..

Mr.S wrote: »
    Could be real i guess, but seems a bit weird that they'd a big gig here end of June, and then play less then a month later?

And same with Wercher/Pukkelpop (festivals in Belgium) they rarley ever share headliners.

True but maybe they might wait till Marlay sells out and then announce them . Then again maybe its bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Manics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Stereophonics playing T in the Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

My Wishlist for Oxegen

David Bowie
    Depeche Mode
    Radiohead
    Daft Punk
    Orbital
    Kasabian
    Red Hot CHilli peppers
    Madness
    Specials
    Florence and the machine
    PJ Harvey
    Nich Cave
    Slayer
    Prodigy
    Burt Bacharach

• Registered Users Posts: 31 finnharps09

A lot of great suggestions there...It'll be class whoevers playin at it... lookin forward to Oxygen '10 already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭xIsabelx

I think it'd be so pointless for GD to play; they're doing their own 40,000 capacity headline show in Marlay Park two weeks beforehand. Plus, I don't have €179 lying around :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Is there anyone confirmed yet??
    When did they confirm them last year??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Danc124

Radiohead
    Muse
    Bowie
    Arcade Fire
    Kasabian
    The Strokes
    Prodigy

Not asking for too much am I?
    Maybe The Beatles :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭windsurfer99ie

The Stereophonics are touring the UK in March and haven't announced any Irish gigs yet. I think it is likely they will appear at Slane or Oxegen this year.

For demographic reasons (dragging out cash-rich over-30s) I imagine a lot of money will be offered to the Stone Roses ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Blink 182 will be doing the festival circuit this summer. Already announced a couple of shows in February, and its likely they'll do Reading and Leeds too so I wouldnt be surprised to see them at T in the Park and Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 radio_protector

Muse
    Daft Punk
    Justice
    Bloody Beetroots
    Tool (yeah right)
    God is an Astronaut
    65daysofstatic
    Crookers

If muse are confirmed i'm going, no matter what!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

strokes fan and would like them to play!

Advertisement