Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭I_Am_The_Walrus

Yeah 3 of my buddies are heading down on friday morning and i'd be meeting them there that night, if i can find them!!!

Sure it might be worth it then... I wouldn't really know though cause its only my first time going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

definately head down, the campsite goes all night long, everyone keeps drinking till morning.

What would be the best way of getting to Oxegen on Sunday from Croke Park? I'm hoping to go to the Leinster final but want to get back tp Punchestown as soon as possible :)

are you at oxegen all weekend and then want to leave sunday for the leinster final? is it really worth the effort? if you do go id be suprised if you got back for any acts sunday night.

leinster final is at 4 im assuming? you wont get out of croker till 6, then try get back to the city centre for a bus to punchestown and then traffic to oxegen.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Siog-Alainn

df1985 wrote: »
    are you at oxegen all weekend and then want to leave sunday for the leinster final? is it really worth the effort? if you do go id be suprised if you got back for any acts sunday night.

leinster final is at 4 im assuming? you wont get out of croker till 6, then try get back to the city centre for a bus to punchestown and then traffic to oxegen.

I'll be there all three days but I'm commuting so I've no problem getting to the match. It's at 2pm so I reckon I could make it back for 6ish and make most of the acts I want to see on the Sunday. The bus is €20 so I'm trying to see if there's any cheaper option.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭fonda

antodeco wrote: »
    Just be aware that if you are driving, you will have to pay for each day, as the parking pass only allows admittance once.

What if you want to head down to Naas say for beer can you not just come back and park again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

fonda wrote: »
    What if you want to head down to Naas say for beer can you not just come back and park again??

Nope, im afraid not (unless you get a nice steward). Now, technically, they wont know you left and came back, just dont tell them....

Just be careful about being to get back to the carpark though. It may be full.
    Sure it might be worth it then... I wouldn't really know though cause its only my first time going :)

Just be aware that the carparks close at certain times for entry, not exit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Duffman123

Firstly I apologize because I am sure this question has been asked many times.

Basically I do not have any photo ID. All I have is a birth certificate and a few school letters that include my name and address. I am going with a bunch of my friends who are all 17/18 and have ID. If I went in with all of them and showed them my birth certificate and a school letter would I still get turned away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Duffman123 wrote: »
    Firstly I apologize because I am sure this question has been asked many times.

Basically I do not have any photo ID. All I have is a birth certificate and a few school letters that include my name and address. I am going with a bunch of my friends who are all 17/18 and have ID. If I went in with all of them and showed them my birth certificate and a school letter would I still get turned away?

chances are unless you look really young you wont be asked at all, and if you are, just find some randomer who is going in 2 mins later to say u are with them.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    chances are unless you look really young you wont be asked at all, and if you are, just find some randomer who is going in 2 mins later to say u are with them.

Cheers for getting back to me. I do look quite young so I most likely will be asked. if I get turned away would I be able to get in with my sister who is 21?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Cheers for getting back to me. I do look quite young so I most likely will be asked. if I get turned away would I be able to get in with my sister who is 21?

What age do I have to be to attend OXEGEN?

OXEGEN is strictly 17s and over only – ID required and will be checked rigorously before entry.

Under 17s will only be admitted if accompanied by guardian/relative 25 years or over who will sign for and accept responsibility for said person. Policy will be strictly enforced – persons who purchase and ignore conditions will be refused entry with NO refund.

Take from here: http://2010.oxegen.ie/info/faq/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

nope it has to be with a person over 25 i did it 2 years ago just pull someone cool in the queue and u shud be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

has to be someone over 25, so just ask a random person who looks that age and u will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

so who yas going to go see friday night im torn between arcade fire and fatboy slim :confused:

ricero wrote: »
    so who yas going to go see friday night im torn between arcade fire and fatboy slim :confused:

I was torn between them too and SMD. But I'm going to see Arcade Fire, they will put on a great show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frayner250

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN SIMPLY THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS WHEN ENTERING OXEGEN! PLEASE AND THANKS.!!

IE: QUEUING, SHOWING TICKET, SHOWING ID, GETTING BAG SEARCHED ETC...

THANKS A MILLION!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Hey !

Okay Quick Question,

We're caming in Green Campsite but offered one of the lads a space in my car HOWEVER hes in red campsite. Can i drive hi lose a bit and then turn round ? & how close is the entrance for green campsite? :rolleyes:

ricero wrote: »

dont waste your time with fatboy slim, was useless at marlay park, ive been to clubs on student nights with better dj sets.

arcade fire live=EPIC!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

frayner250 wrote: »
    CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN SIMPLY THE STEP BY STEP PROCESS WHEN ENTERING OXEGEN! PLEASE AND THANKS.!!

IE: QUEUING, SHOWING TICKET, SHOWING ID, GETTING BAG SEARCHED ETC...

THANKS A MILLION!!

Its pretty much Queue .. Show Ticket .. walk a bit .. show ticket .. get wristband .. queue some more .. show tickets .. bags checked .. and Done

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

I apologise as I know this question has been asked a million times.... But I have a RED camping ticket, can I enter through the BLUE camp entrance and camp there for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I apologise as I know this question has been asked a million times.... But I have a RED camping ticket, can I enter through the BLUE camp entrance and camp there for the weekend?
    Yes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Whats the deal with searching the bags? do they actually take everything out of it :o I just packed mine all up and it took me ages to get everything in and to close it :o

will they take my dry shampoo off me!!!? arghh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

cork*girl wrote: »
    Whats the deal with searching the bags? do they actually take everything out of it :o I just packed mine all up and it took me ages to get everything in and to close it :o

No. It's a shambles how they check bags. They'll just feel around the edges :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

df1985 wrote: »

Leinster final is at 2.

I'm thinking of leaving on Sunday morning to go to Croker and head back to Oxegen after it. Should be back in Naas by before 6, plenty of time to enjoy Sunday night.

It's only a thought at the minute, will probably be too drunk to put my plan into action!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ringo200

Not really, they're only checkin for bottles, dry shampoo??? you wont need it, its not a fashion show but a festival, the less you bring the better.Check weather b4 u go, if its raining, wellies, good rain jacket, and a few changes of tops, sunny, old runners, jeans shades, remember it will get v cold at night so if you plan on tippin around the campsite at night bring a body warmer or something similar. In essence the less you bring the less you have to carry in/out and worry about, Trust me...festival veteran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

ringo200 wrote: »
    Not really, they're only checkin for bottles, dry shampoo??? you wont need it, its not a fashion show but a festival, the less you bring the better.Check weather b4 u go, if its raining, wellies, good rain jacket, and a few changes of tops, sunny, old runners, jeans shades, remember it will get v cold at night so if you plan on tippin around the campsite at night bring a body warmer or something similar. In essence the less you bring the less you have to carry in/out and worry about, Trust me...festival veteran

Dry shampoo is an essential! :D my bag isnt tooo big plus we have a car so we can do a few trips back to it for more things! is the walk from the blue car park to the blue campsite long? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

If they took everything out the queue would be so slow most people would not get in until Monday.;)

They mainly pat the bag to feel for anything suspicious and have a beep in - at least that is my experience each year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frayner250

if i have a VIP ticket can i still enter via the red or blue campsite??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Any recommend where to get a ticket on the cheap at this stage?

Dry shampoo is an essential! :D my bag isnt tooo big plus we have a car so we can do a few trips back to it for more things! is the walk from the blue car park to the blue campsite long? :rolleyes:

Ok so dry shampoo is a must, lucky I've short hair:D. Its a good idea to make trips out to the car daily, bring in only what you need , change clothes in the car and do a booze run etc, dont worry about running out of booze in there, in my experience people are v generous and will lend u booze if you promise to return it.

If you are headin to the car do it relatively earlyish so you wont miss much. No sure how long the walk is but it can be good fun meetin other people along the way.

ADVICE: dont camp downhill(if it rains you'll flood):(, dont camp near the enterance or exits(people will piss on ur tent or fall on them):mad:, dont camp near the toilets(the smell):eek:, dont camp near the rope barriers,(they only last a night and people will use ur tent area as a shortcut):confused: get good solid ground and u should be fine:).

enjoy the vibe and you'll have a ball:cool:

• Advertisement

PomBear wrote: »
    Any recommend where to get a ticket on the cheap at this stage?

Just try adverts.ie, done deal etc.loads of tickets there.I wouldnt panic buy, ders always a load of tickets for sale last minute and people will take anything for them, good luck

Advertisement