Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

^^^ donedeal.ie is good, got mine there.

I was at Oxegen last year but can't for the life of me remember how things worked at the entrance!
    Were day people and campers split up there and then or were they pretty lax about it at that stage? (ie. is it handy enough to head into the campsite at the start if you've only got a day ticket.. :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ringo200

^^^ donedeal.ie is good, got mine there.

I was at Oxegen last year but can't for the life of me remember how things worked at the entrance!
    Were day people and campers split up there and then or were they pretty lax about it at that stage? (ie. is it handy enough to head into the campsite at the start if you've only got a day ticket.. :p)

rumour has it that it is, gonna chance it myself, have no ticket yet but gonna go and act the pirate;), try and move with the crowd at its biggest and you shud be fine, arrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Do they sell mens wellies at Oxegen...?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Can we bring a hammer for the tent pegs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ringo200

Vodkat wrote: »

Ya, joe bananas sells them @ 20-30 euros, better off gettin em b4 hand as it'll be cheaper, B&Q always has huge stock leading up to festivals only cost about a tenner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Vodkat wrote: »

Yes
    http://2010.oxegen.ie/attractions/
    click dunlop wellies

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

Hey, I got three individual tickets (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
    Am I allowed to camp with these tickets ?

And if not, is there a way to camp with them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Duffman123 wrote: »
    I was torn between them too and SMD. But I'm going to see Arcade Fire, they will put on a great show

Guetta and SMD here, seen Fatboy(And Guetta) before and not an AF fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Hey, I got three individual tickets (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
    Am I allowed to camp with these tickets ?

And if not, is there a way to camp with them ?

There is always a way around such things at oxegen :) just refine ur acting and sprinting

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Skcornnelg

Quick question, I bought my nephew a 3day camping ticket but he found out his friends have a 4day camping ticket. Would it be worth his while heading down tomorrow or should I tell him not to risk it?

Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

• Advertisement

Lads, just how deep does the mud usually get? I'm planning on bringing my DocMartins as they provide ankle support and have steel toes(very usefull for the mosh.) Probably bring the wellies too but I'd prefer to use my trusty Docs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Lads, just how deep does the mud usually get? I'm planning on bringing my DocMartins as they provide ankle support and have steel toes(very usefull for the mosh.) Probably bring the wellies too but I'd prefer to use my trusty Docs.

Depends how much it rains. Was above my wellies in '07

kateos2 wrote: »
    Depends how much it rains. Was above my wellies in '07

In that case it wont really matter. I've gone straight into my knees in mud and water in them before and TBH its no biggie. Are there taps to rinse the bulk off around the camps?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

About halfway up your shin or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Pretty sure there is yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

I just got an email from just-eat.ie saying you can use an iphone to order food online from naas i presume and then collect it at the gate. Anyone know any more about this?

http://www.justeatcomps.ie/newsmail/1007_festivals/mainimage.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Quick question, I bought my nephew a 3day camping ticket but he found out his friends have a 4day camping ticket. Would it be worth his while heading down tomorrow or should I tell him not to risk it?

Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

Get him to bring in the ticket to ticket master tomorrow and they will upgrade it to a 4 day camping for 20 euro. I'm not sure whether he can do it up there...

Be warned, the network will be overloaded, getting through the ordering steps may not be so easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭sKepTics_George

There is always a way around such things at oxegen :) just refine ur acting and sprinting

Sounds good, thanks.

Site just died :(

EDIT: Back.

• Advertisement

Please note that if the camera has a detachable lens you will not be allowed to bring it in. Disposable or digital cameras are allowed.

Anyone know why this is? Not that I would bring any kind of decent cam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

Anyone know why this is? Not that I would bring any kind of decent cam.

Probably just to limit the photo quality of festival goers really. Professional looking photos could sell - and the festival organisers are cheap.

Usually get a few people with them trying to get into media pits and backstage etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I am just heading up on the Sunday but am hearing conflicting stories on bringing drink in with me. Can someone confirm if it is allowed or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

not allowed bring it in, plenty will sneak it in but if caught it will be taken off you. thats the official line anyways.

Id bring some, if not allowed in, drink it outside as thousands of others will.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Wellies should be fine, it was only ever more than boot high in '07, and I can't imagine it ever being that bad again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

df1985 wrote: »
    not allowed bring it in, plenty will sneak it in but if caught it will be taken off you. thats the official line anyways.

Id bring some, if not allowed in, drink it outside as thousands of others will.
    Pity that, how thoroughly do they search you?

I heard pints are something insane like €10 so that's out of the question for me. I guess I'll have to cram a whole day's drinking on the bus up if sneaking it in doesn't work out!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

If people get desperate enough and start flogging there camping tickets for 100 euro I will go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Can anyone tell me what the supermarkets are like at oxegen?? well stocked or just the bare essentials?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

df1985 wrote: »
    arcade fire live=EPIC!!!

Really? I saw them last week and was almost bored to tears

Advertisement