Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

could anyne tell me around what time that the main act on saturday will finish up at.Picking up the missus in naas,trying to figure out the time to be there at?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 pokerface78

Hey guy...Oxegen first timer here and im all packed (bear minimum) and ready to rock!!!! Just wondering what the story is with ID?? i really dont want to bring my passport..can i use my college id??

Hey guy...Oxegen first timer here and im all packed (bear minimum) and ready to rock!!!! Just wondering what the story is with ID?? i really dont want to bring my passport..can i use my college id??

college id + a photocopy of your passport.

raven136 wrote: »
    could anyne tell me around what time that the main act on saturday will finish up at.Picking up the missus in naas,trying to figure out the time to be there at?

Usually between 12.45 and 1

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

what music is on tomorrow night, if any?

• Advertisement

Jigga wrote: »
    Pity that, how thoroughly do they search you?

Pat down and check your bags. You're unlikely to get very much drink in but just be clever about it!
    I heard pints are something insane like €10 so that's out of the question for me. I guess I'll have to cram a whole day's drinking on the bus up if sneaking it in doesn't work out!

they're €10 but that includes a €5 deposit for the glass which you do get back, you'll probably end up being down a fiver by the end because you can't be arsed going back with that last glass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

how is the best way to pick up someone in naas town...is it possible for cars to drive near the site or will you have to wait in the surrounding area.For bonjovi and acdc i was able to use the backroads and pick people up.

Anyone know anything about free shuttle buses from naas to and from the site?Thanks for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Really? I saw them last week and was almost bored to tears

Which show, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Really? I saw them last week and was almost bored to tears

where was that?? have to say im suprised.

Ditto. I've seen them twice in the last two weeks, and had a blast on both occasions.

Um.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Peppapig

Can you purchase tickets at the entrance! fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Nokia Live stage will have dance music through the night, there'll probably a tribute band on too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Ian_K wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the supermarkets are like at oxegen?? well stocked or just the bare essentials?

Fairly well stocked centra if i remember correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone know why I'm not gettin the option to print off tickets anymore? Can only do box office collection :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 youngco

Skcornnelg wrote: »
    Quick question, I bought my nephew a 3day camping ticket but he found out his friends have a 4day camping ticket. Would it be worth his while heading down tomorrow or should I tell him not to risk it?

Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

He will be fine going tomorrow. it'll probably cost him 20 euro at the ticket office to upgrade to the 4 day camping ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 youngco

raven136 wrote: »
    how is the best way to pick up someone in naas town...is it possible for cars to drive near the site or will you have to wait in the surrounding area.For bonjovi and acdc i was able to use the backroads and pick people up.

Anyone know anything about free shuttle buses from naas to and from the site?Thanks for the info

The free shuttle bus to naas picks up and sets down outside Kavanagh's pub on the main street as far as I know. I reckon your best bet on picking someone up will be to do it from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another Q. One mate is pitching at R12 and another wants R5, but I say below R3 would be better than R5. What do all ye think? Which is the highest? Really dont want to be flooded in my sleep. All advice greatly welcomed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Is it possible to get a Saturday & Sunday Ticket only?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

NotExactly wrote: »
    Is it possible to get a Saturday & Sunday Ticket only?

Not Exactly

I'll tell you what - if Arcade Fire don't put in a performance that is, at the very least, an awful lot of fun, come find me and I'll buy you a pint.

By "buying you a pint", in this case, I mean "give you a by-now warm can of beer from Lidl smuggled in a bin bag", because I'll be damned if I'm going to pay a tenner for a pint in this hell or any other.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Quick vital Q I've found a great deal for a tickets how do I make sure they aren't fakes?

Are fakes common?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frayner250

surely drink is allowed in if Heineken are providing fridges for people who bring cans of Heineken with them!!!!
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

frayner250 wrote: »
    surely drink is allowed in if Heineken are providing fridges for people who bring cans of Heineken with them!!!!
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

in the campsite, u can bring as much drink as u want, its just into the main arena they dont really allow it

DB10 wrote: »
    Quick vital Q I've found a great deal for a tickets how do I make sure they aren't fakes?

Are fakes common?

If it's a hard ticket, then the usuals - the quality of it, the watermark, etc, but there's no way of being absolutely 100% until you get to the gate.

With printouts, there is absolutely no way of knowing, you just have to take a chance on it.

The best advice is to be careful who you buy from - Trust Toutless or boards.ie etc. over ebay or buyandsell, for instance.

So it depends on how good the deal is - if it's good enough to take the risk, then it's up to you. You hear horror stories, but I've been alright thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

third year going now, me and my buddies bought a gazebo, even though the rules say they aren't allowed! i saw loads of people with them the last 2 years like, just wondering if anybody here had any trouble with a gazebo or know of anyone who has?!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭flag123

I'm not going to Oxegen seeing that I no where will employ me( I've tried everywhere), it's making me so annoyed looking at my friends going and al these posts on this thread. Dam you Irish economy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frayner250

df1985 wrote: »
    not allowed bring it in, plenty will sneak it in but if caught it will be taken off you. thats the official line anyways.

Id bring some, if not allowed in, drink it outside as thousands of others will.

Just to clarify?? Ur allowed bring drink in if u are camping right???

ur just NOT allowed bring it in if u hav a day pass????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Anyone feel like pointing out to me exactly where the shuttle will be collecting people in Naas? I've heard the post office, goffs, Kavanagh's pub etc.

A pointer on google maps would be much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Anyone know if there much chance of getting a ticket outside the entrance tomo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Thunder10

PomBear wrote: »
    Anyone know if there much chance of getting a ticket outside the entrance tomo?

Would be shocked if ya didn't and at a very decent price as well.

Advertisement