Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

It's a little odd that Arcade Fire are headlining above Jay-Z, but i look forward to them both.

I hope they realise that their second album is pants and play the majority of Funeral, though. Look forward to their new stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Pegasusbridge

Did anyone who is complaining about Arcade Fire headlining actually see them at their previous Oxegen appearance? Ok they were on at 6 or 7 but still on the main stage and the whole place was going mad. Fantastic atmosphere. Evidence indicates that the place to be on Friday night is at Arcade Fire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Att-tichoo

hey,

just heard this soundbite on the radio, also in the belfast telegraph today
    “The key issue is that there is no parking. There are no facilities to access the route other than through transport supplied by organisers or private buses which can be facilitated at certain parking spots, for instance the |park-and-ride facility situated at Goffs, off junction 8 off the N7,” added Supt Gilligan at Punchestown yesterday

ok if thats true...im rightly fecked...crowd of us sleepin in cars!!!..surely must be a mistake tho, there are carparks listed on the maps and ppl already have parkin tickets...jus hope they dont start this crap of makin us all park in goffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

my two cents:

arcade fire should be at electric picnic. the crowd is too young for them at oxegen.

Im hoping they pull off a great show, same for Kasabian, people have been knocking them as headliners-anyone at the o2 in december will tell you how brilliant that gig was.

Anyway have a great oxegen folks, for the younger ones and first timers especially, your first festival can be quite an eye-opener. I was ridiculously innocent the first yr i went in 2004. I was 18 and thought i knew it all.get pissed, go mental, but look out for yourself and your mates too.its a long couple of days.

Im off to the airport for T in the park in scotland.practically the same lineup, just different days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭macbarbie

Hello, Just looking for some help

Im heading down tomo to the red campsite, we decided to drive so I went on to buy red car park tickets but its says there not car park tickets available:eek:

Are they sold out? Where will I parK? Any help please :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

df1985 wrote: »
    my two cents:

arcade fire should be at electric picnic. the crowd is too young for them at oxegen.

Im hoping they pull off a great show, same for Kasabian, people have been knocking them as headliners-anyone at the o2 in december will tell you how brilliant that gig was.

Anyway have a great oxegen folks, for the younger ones and first timers especially, your first festival can be quite an eye-opener. I was ridiculously innocent the first yr i went in 2004. I was 18 and thought i knew it all.get pissed, go mental, but look out for yourself and your mates too.its a long couple of days.

Im off to the airport for T in the park in scotland.practically the same lineup, just different days.

I wish i was going to TITP aswell better line up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's a little odd that Arcade Fire are headlining above Jay-Z, but i look forward to them both.

I hope they realise that their second album is pants and play the majority of Funeral, though. Look forward to their new stuff though.

The only Neon Bible songs they've been playing this go round have been Interventon and Keep The Car Running. I'd like to hear Antichrist Television Blues myself too, but that'll do.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wish I didnt have to miss Kasabian. They're soo much fun live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

hehehe sorry couldn't resist this, im just on the website now, and the countdown timer says THREE MINUTES!! =) how exciting !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The only Neon Bible songs they've been playing this go round have been Interventon and Keep The Car Running. I'd like to hear Antichrist Television Blues myself too, but that'll do.

They should play The Well and the Lighthouse...also, Une annee sans lumiere, Neighbourhood 4 (Kettles), and Crown of Love....Actually they should let me write their setlist, then I'd consider going :p

• Advertisement

DOORS OPEN! HERE WE GO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

hahaha i was sitting here like a loser watching the thing go from about 20 seconds to zero expecting something to happen and.......nothing! LOL but yaaaayyy!! and it just started raining! how apt!

ceol18 wrote: »
    hahaha i was sitting here like a loser watching the thing go from about 20 seconds to zero expecting something to happen and.......nothing! LOL but yaaaayyy!! and it just started raining! how apt!

The rain was what happened, it was perfect :D MCD got it down to a T

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

They should play The Well and the Lighthouse...also, Une annee sans lumiere, Neighbourhood 4 (Kettles), and Crown of Love....Actually they should let me write their setlist, then I'd consider going :p

:D

They played Crown of Love last night, so you never know. Kicks off at 3:52.

Righto, off to do the very last of my packing. I wonder which incredibly important thing I'll manage to forget this year?

I think my favourite was the year I forgot my house keys - no problem at all until Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

They played Crown of Love at their gig in London last night. I'd f*cking love to hear that.

They played:

'Ready To Start'
    'Modern Man'
    'Neighborhood #2 (Laika)'
    'No Cars Go'
    'Haiti'
    'Empty Room'
    'Rococo'
    'The Suburbs'
    'Suburban War'
    'Intervention'
    'We Used To Wait'
    'Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)'
    'Rebellion (Lies)'
    'Month Of May'
    'Crown Of Love'
    'Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels)'
    'Keep The Car Running'
    'Wake Up'

By the way my Arcade Fire experience at Oxegen last time around was totally ruined by idiots mudfighting. Culminating in mud being flung in my eye during "Wake Up" by some pr*ck in a Man United jersey.

Culminating in mud being flung in my eye during "Wake Up" by some pr*ck in a Man United jersey.

Feckin typical :p

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

Are you allowed to bring disposable bbq's into the camping area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 youngco

Keen2win wrote: »
    Are you allowed to bring disposable bbq's into the camping area?

As far as I remember there is a specific area which you can use them in withing the campsite itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Broand

Quick question lads, if you have a camping ticket, can you use it in the same way you can use a day pass ticket? I got a camping ticket but I changed my mind. Can I use it as a day pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

Broand wrote: »
    Quick question lads, if you have a camping ticket, can you use it in the same way you can use a day pass ticket? I got a camping ticket but I changed my mind. Can I use it as a day pass?

yep of course. its nearly better that way cos if you want to kill an hour some afternoon & had friends in the campsite, you could head there for a bit, knock back a few cans and then head back to the main arena!:D

• Advertisement

forecast.jpg

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Broand

yep of course. its nearly better that way cos if you want to kill an hour some afternoon & had friends in the campsite, you could head there for a bit, knock back a few cans and then head back to the main arena!:D

Cheers! Another question. Is this shuttle bus to the thing free or what?

forecast.jpg

Meh.

Tis nothin a pair of wellies cant handle..roll on!

Broand wrote: »
    Cheers! Another question. Is this shuttle bus to the thing free or what?

If you're talking about the shuttle bus from Goffs, yeah its free. I'm parking there tomorrow & getting the shuttle!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

I presume there's free shuttle buses to Dublin on the Monday??

Keen2win wrote: »
    I presume there's free shuttle buses to Dublin on the Monday??

The buses from the City Centre are €20 return prebooked or 25 bought today/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Att-tichoo wrote: »
    hey,

just heard this soundbite on the radio, also in the belfast telegraph today
    “The key issue is that there is no parking. There are no facilities to access the route other than through transport supplied by organisers or private buses which can be facilitated at certain parking spots, for instance the |park-and-ride facility situated at Goffs, off junction 8 off the N7,” added Supt Gilligan at Punchestown yesterday

ok if thats true...im rightly fecked...crowd of us sleepin in cars!!!..surely must be a mistake tho, there are carparks listed on the maps and ppl already have parkin tickets...jus hope they dont start this crap of makin us all park in goffs!!!
    :eek: What? This can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Would it be possible to trade in my Saturday day ticket and upgrade to a weekend tick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblybox

Hey all,

Just a quick on for you's - can you bring an umberella with you!? Im guessing you can not bring it in to the arena but would they be allowed in the campsite!?

Thanks x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 bubblybox

bubblybox wrote: »
    Hey all,

Just a quick on for you's - can you bring an umberella with you!? Im guessing you can not bring it in to the arena but would they be allowed in the campsite!?

Thanks x

Sorry got it - this is handy if anyone else is wondering - http://2010.oxegen.ie/info/faq/ - go to whats allowed!

Advertisement