Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rigs11

can you bring drink into the arena?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

rigs11 wrote: »

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

For the 5 billionth time, NO. Only the campsite, the stewards will take the drink off you or ask you to finish it before you enter the arena.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rigs11

not even in plastic bottles like last year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

No.

But IIRC, you they will allow you carry lidless plastic bottles into the arena (i'm open to correction on this.
    If they do, put the lid in your shoe and bob's your uncle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 lol_mark_aments

hey all my friends are staying in the green camp, i dont have a ticket for it, does anyone know if there is security there to check if you have the correct pass at the entrance to this site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Can you bring in Sandwiches bought in Naas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

hey all my friends are staying in the green camp, i dont have a ticket for it, does anyone know if there is security there to check if you have the correct pass at the entrance to this site?

There's an extra check for the Green site pass, so you probably won't get in.

Are there any toilets in the pit area?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Brian87

WOW got my ticket and my car pass today.woodies doing great deals on pop up tents,so no messing about with poles and stakes...Looking forward to this now..Dont know anyone down there at the mo,anyone got any updates on how its going??

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lol_mark_aments

if i buy a vip camping pass does that allow me into the green campsite?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Brian87 wrote: »
    WOW got my ticket and my car pass today.woodies doing great deals on pop up tents,so no messing about with poles and stakes...Looking forward to this now..Dont know anyone down there at the mo,anyone got any updates on how its going??

GF is down there working for MCD doing up artist packs at the mo, im stuck in the blue camp while she gets the green for free the biatch!! :D

said its cloudy , few small showers and everyone is just kinda arriving all day nothing major!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

df1985 wrote: »
    arcade fire should be at electric picnic.

Wish they were :(

I like them, only got into them in the last month or so, and would like to see them live. But I am very surprised they're headlining. I haven't once heard one of their songs on the radio or seen a video of theirs on MTV. That doesn't mean they're not good, but like someone said above a lot the crowd won't know their songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

The camp-site's and the arena are separate.

You are allowed bring drink into the camp-sites, you are not allowed bring drink into the arena.

so,if your on a day ticket,you can only buy drink from the bars in the arena?

so,if your on a day ticket,you can only buy drink from the bars in the arena?

This is correct. Pints are 5, Oxe-Gins are 7, Mohitos are 8 and other than that I dont know bar that it'll be expensive.

EDIT: Afaik you get to choose between Heineken and Heineken :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hi just been given tickets for Sunday.
    Trying to work out transport.
    If I drive to Goffs on Sunday afternoon and leave about half nine is the park n ride shuttle bus service regular throughout the day?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Dougal.Maguire

This is correct. Pints are 5, Oxe-Gins are 7, Mohitos are 8 and other than that I dont know bar that it'll be expensive.

EDIT: Afaik you get to choose between Heineken and Heineken :(
    crap. what if,say,you filled plastic water bottle full of vodka? and just took off the cap and put it in your shoe? do they sniff it?

crap. what if,say,you filled plastic water bottle full of vodka? and just took off the cap and put it in your shoe? do they sniff it?

Its not clear if they allow anything lidless in. I'd conceal a 4oz hipflask in each boot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

If you're just going for the day, would people still recommend bringing wellies?

NUTZZ wrote: »
    If you're just going for the day, would people still recommend bringing wellies?

Look outside:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Look outside:eek:

Yeh but does the main area get as mucky as the campsite's is what I mean!:pac:

• Advertisement

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yeh but does the main area get as mucky as the campsite's is what I mean!:pac:

Everywhere will be mucky would be my guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

brother has just decided to drive over at last minute and he has no carpark ticket can he pay on gate of carpark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

brother has just decided to drive over at last minute and he has no carpark ticket can he pay on gate of carpark

yeah

AND THIS JUST IN:

ITS MUCKY AS FOOK ALREADY HA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Think this Oxegen will be a repeat of 2006 where the muck was to your knees with every step you took.
    Extra Drink Will Be Needed In Order To Survive !

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

What's the craic, people?

I just bought 24 bottles of Miller (for value purposes, not to be awkward) and I'm not sure what this whole decanting business involves.

Do I have to bring plastic bottles to put the drink into or how does this work?

Lads, how much is a bus to down from D14, I never take the bus and I have no idea what change I need:o Shoulda cycled down but my mate wasnt up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Benny Lava wrote: »
    What's the craic, people?

I just bought 24 bottles of Miller (for value purposes, not to be awkward) and I'm not sure what this whole decanting business involves.

Do I have to bring plastic bottles to put the drink into or how does this work?

yeah you wont be allowed in wit the bottles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

KatieN17 wrote: »
    yeah you wont be allowed in wit the bottles :(

So I have to bring enough plastic alternatives for the 24 bottles?

This is going to be a nightmare to sort out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

4 2 litre bottles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

so.....eminem is defo playing?

Advertisement