Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PeteEd

Benny Lava wrote: »
    What's the craic, people?

I just bought 24 bottles of Miller (for value purposes, not to be awkward) and I'm not sure what this whole decanting business involves.

Do I have to bring plastic bottles to put the drink into or how does this work?

Post of the day yesterday!
    Happy decanting Benny boy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Listening to the Ray Foley show at the moment. They're broadcasting down there and say it's not too bad. It's muddy but not as muddy as you'd think but if the rain should keep up then I'd expect it to get a bit worse.

Been there done that. Not pleasant but if you're heading down, at least everyone's in the same boat and you'll get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

lordgoat wrote: »
    Mud has been reported to be wet and earth/soil plentiful and will dirty clothes if it comes into contact with them - confirmed. It is also sitckier than normal this year and according to some smells vaguely of almonds. Not confirmed.

www.oxegenmudreports2010.ie

lol great post! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Mud has been reported to be wet and earth/soil plentiful and will dirty clothes if it comes into contact with them - confirmed. It is also sitckier than normal this year and according to some smells vaguely of almonds. Not confirmed.

www.oxegenmudreports2010.ie

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭aflib

will there be a ticketmaster booth there tomorrow?
    ta

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

just wondering if anyone can tell me what the story is with day tickets? I have one for saturday, the past few years i've been camping so i didn't have to wonder about this stuff but i want to know which entrance (if any specific one is used for 1 day tickets) to use and whether i can get into the campsites before the music starts??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Blue car park is now FULL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Eminem Soundcheck in Zurich for Frauenfeld Open Air Festival/Oxygen Festival
    Buzzing now cant wait for this

soundcheck.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭myxi

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Blue car park is now FULL.

Wish I didn't bother buying a 30 quid ticket for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Scien wrote: »

And for those of you questioning whether to bring Wellies or not, all I offer you is my laughter. :pac:

so should i bring wellies or not just goin for the day on sat!

jeans or 3/4's?
    jumper or shirt?

oh does anyone no for the 5th millionth time,can i bring drink in to oxegen?or if not can i consume it outside the grounds before i go in? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

phunkymonk wrote: »
    so should i bring wellies or not just goin for the day on sat!

jeans or 3/4's?
    jumper or shirt?

oh does anyone no for the 5th millionth time,can i bring drink in to oxegen?or if not can i consume it outside the grounds before i go in? :pac:

You can only bring drink into the campsite, you cant bring it into oxegen itself. Yes you can drink it outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Looking at some of the posts here, I'd hate to think what the collective IQ of the crowd at Oxegen is this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Anyone around the area tell us the current state of things? Weather / muck etc please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭sickofwaiting

So what's the deal on sneaking in to oxegen, how hard is it? Any tips would be appreciated as a good few of my friends are going and I am way too broke to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

JJ wrote: »
    Looking at some of the posts here, I'd hate to think what the collective IQ of the crowd at Oxegen is this weekend.
    Have to say I agree.

Is anyone going, you know, to see some bands or is it just all about drinking as much as you can for 3 days solid?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

So what's the deal on sneaking in to oxegen, how hard is it? Any tips would be appreciated as a good few of my friends are going and I am way too broke to buy a ticket.

And you're special because?

kmurph wrote: »
    And you're special because?

Not special just broke. If you don't like people sneaking into a gig (when they're stone broke) maybe you should give this rock n roll festival a miss and wait for the next Barbara Streisand concert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Noxin wrote: »
    Anyone around the area tell us the current state of things? Weather / muck etc please?

See my mud report from earlier.

Stop being a scabby sh-ite. Buy a ticket like anyone else. Asking for ways to sneak in again will get you banned.

Call 999 and ask, I hear they give great tips. You're welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Advertisement

This board is gone so lame, any kind of heated conversation between posters instantly results in infractions. Not that it was even heated discussion. It's gone into such a pain in the hole with the over moderation.
    Stop being a scabby sh-ite. Buy a ticket like anyone else. Asking for ways to sneak in again will get you banned.

No-one has ever been fined/jailed for sneaking in to a gig. What exactly is the problem in asking about this issue that is related to oxegen? You have lots of people here on boards.ie talking about illegal drugs they take (and lots of bands at oxegen singing about taking drugs), you have posters talking about cutting clamps off cars, etc... and there is no problem with it. So what exactly is the problem with asking for advice on sneaking into this gig?

Its a fricking rock n roll festival for god sake, why are you being so uptight, most rock bands that you pay to see pride themselves on being rebels yet here on this forum you get moderators hassling you when you mention doing something rock n roll like sneaking into a gig, jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Eminem Soundcheck in Zurich for Frauenfeld Open Air Festival/Oxygen Festival
    Buzzing now cant wait for this

soundcheck.jpg

Where are ye now ye idiots who make up fake bull**** about certain artists being in hospital:D

This board is gone so lame, any kind of heated conversation between posters instantly results in infractions. Not that it was even heated discussion. It's gone into such a pain in the hole with the over moderation.

No-one has ever been fined/jailed for sneaking in to a gig. What exactly is the problem in asking about this issue that is related to oxegen? You have lots of people here on boards.ie talking about illegal drugs they take (and lots of bands at oxegen singing about taking drugs), you have posters talking about cutting clamps off cars, etc... and there is no problem with it. So what exactly is the problem with asking for advice on sneaking into this gig?

Its a fricking rock n roll festival for god sake, why are you being so uptight, most rock bands that you pay to see pride themselves on being rebels yet here on this forum you get moderators hassling you when you mention doing something rock n roll like sneaking into a gig, jesus christ.

People OBVIOUSLY cannot post on how to sneak into a concert, It won't come back on the poster, it will come back on Boards.ie. So honestly, if people want to know how to sneak into a big, go try and do it yourself, don't be an idiot and come post it on an internet forum where it can be libellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭thesultan

Can anyone tell me will any of the event be televised>?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Do you think i enjoy these tedious exchanges? Do you think i set the laws in this country? As has been pointed out to you by another poster boards.ie takes the flak not Ms sickof waiting or anyone else. Deal with it. If you don;t like it, feel free to toddle off somewhere else.

also lol at the fact you view sneaking into oxegen as rock n roll. I'd also say oxegen is more of a pop festival but that's another debate.

back on topic now. If you or anyone else wants to discuss moderation end me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

ShaneU wrote: »
    Just because you don't hear Arcade Fire on fm104 every few minutes doesn't mean they don't deserve to be headlining. You don't hear radiohead on mainstream stations either and no-one would complain if they were headlining.

Ah come on. Radiohead have been around for years, have way more albums & are a bigger name than Arcade Fire, that a lot more people would know. And they've had considerably more airplay over the years. Comparing them is a bit silly.
    I like Arcade Fire, way more than Radiohead actually, but I'm just surprised they got top billing because I didn't think they were that well known. Now, I'm sure they will put on a good show tonight & if I were going to Oxegen I'd definitely go see them over whoever is headlining the other stages tonight. But I would have expected Jay-Z to have been on after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That rock n roll?

Guess I've been doing it wrong paying those people do their job.

Most rock bands also have health and safety issues at gigs. Can you imagine if yourself and many others like yourself decided to show up and try to sneak in?

thesultan wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me will any of the event be televised>?

Probably will be on MTV at the end of July/Start of August!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

If you have a day pass, can you pay on site to camp that night? Or upgrade via ticketmaster?

Advertisement