Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

one2one wrote: »
    If you have a day pass, can you pay on site to camp that night? Or upgrade via ticketmaster?

Not as far as I'm aware, its camping included in the 3/4 day pass only. Another annoying thing bout Oxegen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Mushy wrote: »
    That rock n roll?

Guess I've been doing it wrong paying those people do their job.

Most rock bands also have health and safety issues at gigs. Can you imagine if yourself and many others like yourself decided to show up and try to sneak in?

Happened at Slane last summer if anyone remembers-100,000 people at a venue designed for 80,000-horrible horrible experience in over crowding. THAT is why sneaking in is not to be advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Anyone really looking forward to We Are Scientists and Jamie T on Sunday???? I can't wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Happened at Slane last summer if anyone remembers-100,000 people at a venue designed for 80,000-horrible horrible experience in over crowding. THAT is why sneaking in is not to be advised.

Thats the type of thing I was hinting at (not this specific case). Spelling it out for him won't help him learn it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

T in the Park coverage on BBC Scotland and red button for anyone with digital satellite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

looks cold, windy and wet in punchestown on the live webcam

can't say i envy anyone there tonight having gone through that the last day at download :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

aflib wrote: »
    will there be a ticketmaster booth there tomorrow?
    ta

Yup day tickets are available from official Box Office On Site tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

Holy ****, not a huge 30 Seconds to Mars fan but watching them at the Rock Ring on MTV and Jerard Leto really knows how to put on a show. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭FV-Emperor

Can a camping ticket holder , enter through the day pass entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    T in the Park coverage on BBC Scotland and red button for anyone with digital satellite
    WOW..thats all i can say about Muse..What a Performance..someone needs to bring one of those flares for tomorrow night aswell :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just back from Oxegen awhile ago.

Weather and mud report: It's ****e.

Great day still though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭FV-Emperor

FV-Emperor wrote: »
    Can a camping ticket holder , enter through the day pass entrance?
    Do people not like answering questions?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

When they come with an attitude like this obviously not. Have you tried the oxegen website and looked up what your ticket entitles you too? i'm guessing not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

rossie1977 wrote: »
    looks cold, windy and wet in punchestown on the live webcam

can't say i envy anyone there tonight having gone through that the last day at download :(

Froze the preverbials off for jay-z and arcade fire (drew a very small crowd btw) last night. the "why am i here" voices started to creep in alright. need to get the proper rain gear for today or will be the same tonight. some good acts all the same but hoping to get to some of the small stages today. would love to see some of the lower-down-the-list main stagers in the smaller tents though ( two door cinema club for one).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

No one answered because thats one of the many obvious questions answered on the oxegen.ie site , such as can u bring drink into the arena , are you allowed glass bottles in the campsite , can i camp with a day ticket, will there be someone to dress me when i wake up in the mornings bla bla bla bla zz z z zzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The amount of newbs that just sign up when there is an event such as Oxegen is unreal, with their idiotic questions and sense of entitlement...Answer my questions! I have never left my house or used Google before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

lordgoat wrote: »
    When they come with an attitude like this obviously not. Have you tried the oxegen website and looked up what your ticket entitles you too? i'm guessing not.
    Suggestion for the mods, why not have an Oxygen FAQ as sticky around this time every year? There is no need for the condescending attitude to posters asking legitimate questions lordgoat. It is unfair to expect people to look through over 190 pages to see if a question was asked before.

For example there are a few FAQs on the official site:
    http://2010.oxegen.ie/info/faq/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Jigga wrote: »
    Suggestion for the mods, why not have an Oxygen FAQ as sticky around this time every year? There is no need for the condescending attitude to posters asking legitimate questions lordgoat. It is unfair to expect people to look through over 190 pages to see if a question was asked before.

i think what's pissin some users and mods off is the amount of totally idiotic questions that people are creating threads for. Some people just don't know how to use the search function

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Jigga wrote: »

Meh,

Why not just look up the link that you posted rather than have a stickied thread. Totally unnecessary. You do know that you are able to search threads right? (this would negate the need to read every page).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

I gotta say, those webcams of the arena look absolutely woeful, thank christ I didnt go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭vinylrules

wylo wrote: »
    I gotta say, those webcams of the arena look absolutely woeful, thank christ I didnt go.

Was just checking out the webcams myself and I have to agree, it looks absolutely miserable down there...puddles everywhere and the grass has turned a nasty shade of brown, People wandering around looking like they're having anything but a good time! Can't imagine what the campsites must be like but glad I'm not there - it just ain't worth it!

Here's the link - click on East...

http://2010.oxegen.ie/oxegen-live-webcam/

vinylrules wrote: »
    Was just checking out the webcams myself and I have to agree, it looks absolutely miserable down there...puddles everywhere and the grass has turned a nasty shade of brown, People wandering around looking like they're having anything but a good time! Can't imagine what the campsites must be like but glad I'm not there - it just ain't worth it!

Here's the link - click on East...

http://2010.oxegen.ie/oxegen-live-webcam/

The North and west Cameras dont seem to be working , they probably have blown away

The rain is due to continue for most of the evening...

"generally cloudy and wet during the afternoon and for the evening with widespread persistent or heavy spells of rain and a risk of spot flooding in places". (pasted from Met Eireann forecast for Leinster)

You have to feel genuinely sorry for people after shelling out so much to get there.....especially if it's their first festival experience. Anyway, the washing machines of Ireland will be busy next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

threein99 wrote: »
    The North and west Cameras dont seem to be working , they probably have blown away

the north one isn't working but the west one works sometimes, thats the camera facing the main stage too

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

wylo wrote: »

,.......Man,but mudfests are like waay better craic!!!

....the joys!!

290027849a12637160158o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

And it's been nice for weeks, people were probably after getting their hopes up too. It'll probably be scorching next weekend :pac:
    They just got real unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

isnt there talk of tomorrow being cancelled?

Where did you hear that? Would be very surprised if it were true (although I can well imagine that parts of the site would be closed off due to waterlogging etc.)

I would have sympathy if the crowd that goes to oxegen hadnt turned into complete scumbags in the last few years , thats the reason I dont bother with it anymore , ment to be decent enough weather wise tomoro at least

• Advertisement

what song is that a line from ? due to lack of interest, tommorow's cancelled:confused:

Advertisement