Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

The cast of GLEE!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

mada999 wrote: »
    strokes fan and would like them to play!
    Same here , not sure if they would big enough with the kids to headline though ! I wonder if the will book Black Eyed Peas ? hopefully an excellent line up with maybe fatboy slim !

• Registered Users Posts: 17 cara_

friendly fires
    daft punk
    bloody beetroots
    florence and the machine
    maybe some tv on the radio
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Mr.S wrote: »
    They've said they'll be touring for a few weeks, and so far the only dates are late August, so that would suggest it would be a August/September Euro tour. So doesn't look like they'll be around Europe for July.

Blink said they're kicking off the tour with those August dates as well so they definitely won't be here in July.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Daft Punk
    Prodigy
    Muse
    Them Crooked Vultures
    Black Rebel motorcycle club
    Kasabian
    Strokes

Id be happy as a pig in sh1te.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

A few people have mentioned the Foo Fighters. Can't see it happening as they're on an extended break
    HOWEVER I predict (and really really hope) Them Crooked Vultures will put in an appearance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭L.T.D

Manics

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

L.T.D wrote: »
    Manics
    Doubt it since they have played the last 2 years although they were great in 2008 but missed them this year due to the fact NIN were playing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

The Manics more than likely will play,theyre part of the furniture there just like ocean Colour Scene.
    All that would be on my wishlist would just be for a good and varied line up with none of the scumbags that seem to be decending on the festivel in increasing numbers over the years.Ive gone every year since 2000(except 2002) and its ridiculous the amount of them that are around.
    Im gonna try a UK or maybe even a European Festy this year for a change thoall going well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 OnaedInSpace

Kasabian are a really weak headline act. They are more 2nd stage headliners imo. Them Crooked Vultures would be ****ing amazing. I really pray it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭irish-anabel

Just to accomodate me I would request: Bloc Party, Ms Spektor,and Passion Pit to return, as I missed them all last year. Saturday was not my night. Also: The xx, Justice, TOTAL WISH: RHCP :p, and maybe like the prodigy again.

This probably isnt the place to post this but by any chance does anyone know how much a one night camping was last yr? planning on getting that n staying on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

This probably isnt the place to post this but by any chance does anyone know how much a one night camping was last yr? planning on getting that n staying on.

I dont know about the 1 night camping? but the full weekend + Camping was advertised at 2007 price before christmas...

Kasabian are a really weak headline act. They are more 2nd stage headliners imo. Them Crooked Vultures would be ****ing amazing. I really pray it happens.

I dont think there a weak headliner at all. At least its someone new and original and they are a great live act. Have seen them 4 times over the last few years and they get better each time. Id say TCV will play but would be mid 2nd stage or headline Green Room

• Registered Users Posts: 4 strummyash

Saw Kasabian supporting Oasis at slane and ya they were good but dont think their a good headliner for Oxegen :confused: My wish list; 1-bruce springsteen, 2-Florence and the machine, 3-after seeing the prodigy at slane id love if they made an appearence! 4-i reckon snow patrol will be there! I think its time we all had a little break from the kings of leon!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i seen kasabian in the o2 in november.they were savage, i was really impressed.wouldnt be suprised if they stole the show at oxegen.all the people saying theyre not big enough may be pleasantly suprised!

df1985 wrote: »
    i seen kasabian in the o2 in november.they were savage, i was really impressed.wouldnt be suprised if they stole the show at oxegen.all the people saying theyre not big enough may be pleasantly suprised!

Apparently on the V Festival forums they are saying Kasabian co-headline with the Prodigy and KOL with Stereophonics under them. So maybe we could get Kasabian/Prodigy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I would love to see Clutch this year.

A smaller stage would be amazing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

The Manics more than likely will play,theyre part of the furniture there just like ocean Colour Scene.

To be fair that's not at all the case. They've only played 3 times in total I believe. I saw them around 2003, missed them for JFPL festival tour, they are the only 2 times I can think of them playing that festival, the 3rd I'm thinking might have been the year after they played EP.

Ocean Colour Scene on the other hand are all over that festival like a fly around sh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭fluke

To be fair that's not at all the case. They've only played 3 times in total I believe. I saw them around 2003, missed them for JFPL festival tour, they are the only 2 times I can think of them playing that festival, the 3rd I'm thinking might have been the year after they played EP.

Ocean Colour Scene on the other hand are all over that festival like a fly around sh1t.

Put them in the out tray with KoL

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

Apparently on the V Festival forums they are saying Kasabian co-headline with the Prodigy and KOL with Stereophonics under them. So maybe we could get Kasabian/Prodigy

I hope to god its not kol again, kasabian/prodigy would be really good, but would prefer the prodigy indoors .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭johnny_rambo

Don't think they've been mentioned yet but I'd love to see Underworld. Bat for Lashes would be good too!

Apart from those 2......
    Deadmau5
    2 Many Dj's
    Florence and the Machine
    Editors
    Passion Pit
    Mumford & Sons
    The Prodigy
    Friendly Fires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Sophisticated6y

Wolfmother,
    Mumford & Sons,
    MSP -again!! Please :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

id say the strokes are definately gonna be headlining one of the days, theyre confirmed for the isle of wight and rockness festivals already.

anyone with a new/newish album will be there id say.

editors
    temper trap
    big pink
    vampire weekend (playing glasto anyways)
    hot chip

richard ashcroft,kate nash,ting tings and elbow are expected to have new albums this year.

if amy winehouse gets her act together, her album is due this year too.

gorillaz and massive attack are in the studio.chemical brothers have a new album expected too.

loads to wet the appetite there, id expect some to do electric picnic instead though too.

df1985 wrote: »
    id say the strokes are definately gonna be headlining one of the days, theyre confirmed for the isle of wight and rockness festivals already.

anyone with a new/newish album will be there id say.

editors
    temper trap
    big pink
    vampire weekend (playing glasto anyways)
    hot chip

richard ashcroft,kate nash,ting tings and elbow are expected to have new albums this year.

if amy winehouse gets her act together, her album is due this year too.

gorillaz and massive attack are in the studio.chemical brothers have a new album expected too.

loads to wet the appetite there, id expect some to do electric picnic instead though too.

AFAIK Elbow will be taking there time recording the new album like they did with the previous one's.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Would like to see:

• Mumford & Sons
    • Ellie Goulding ( Looks likely)
    • Pendulum (On tour so it's possible)
    • Chase & Status
    • Deadmau5
    • Sigur Ros
    • The prodigy
    • Daft punk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Bazza085

Oooooh wouldn't I love to see Rage Against The Machine at it. Wouldn't that be mental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

green day
    kasabian
    muse
    daft punk

headliners

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

looks like green day are confirmed for sunday night, off wikipedia though . . . so it must be 100% true!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxegen

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

but greenday are playing Marlay park at end of June so they'll hardly be back 2 weeks later for Oxegen me thinks......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

The isle of wight is on that weekend so some of their acts will probably make it over for oxegen

Acts confirmed for Isle of wight

Blondie
    Crowded House
    Daisy Dares You
    Doves
    Friendly Fires
    Hockey
    James
    Jay-Z
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Orbital
    Mr Hudson