Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

my manager at work said he heard on the radio that it was on the brink of being cancelled....eminem:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭vinylrules

Latest report from the Irish Times. Anyone envious? Thought not!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0710/breaking5.html

"A blanket of grey clouds continues to engulf the festival site, but the persistent rain, which has become part and parcel of the annual festival, eased somewhat this afternoon.
    “It’s too little too late for me,” said a muddy Ray Keane (18) from Ballinasloe, Co Galway, who is based in the red campsite. “The tent filled up on me last night so I had to drink it out. I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep tonight either because it isn’t going to dry out in this [weather].”
    Lauren Hughes and Keith Driscoll from Dundrum in Dublin said their tent had stood firm to the elements overnight but that sleep was at a premium because of a neighbouring acoustic guitar.
    “I wouldn’t mind if they’d have sung a few different songs,” Lauren said. “But they keep screaming the same stuff (Muse and Oasis) over and over and over again.”
    Keith, who was sitting over a “much needed” coffee at the Tiny Tea Tent in the main festival area, said the campsite was as he expected – loud, muddy and messy.
    “The toilets are septic, the food is grim, and there’s rubbish everywhere, but anyone who comes here expecting anything else is a fool.”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

god it looks horible down there !!!!!!!!!! on the webcams it looks horible!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

From that article in the Irish Times
    “We haven’t had any major trouble yet,” says Garda spokesman Damien Hogan. “There have been a few arrests for public order and minor drug offences, but it has mostly been very well behaved.”

Reading between the lines, that sounds to me like, there has been quite a bit of trouble, but no more than we were expecting & nobody has been stabbed yet, so it's not too bad considering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

slickmcvic wrote: »
    ,.......Man,but mudfests are like waay better craic!!!

True if you are 15 and an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

isnt there talk of tomorrow being cancelled?

No chance of it being canceled imo. It would cost too much to refund the tickets. It'll go on no matter how shi-te the weather is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Threein99 the song your looking for is Ruby by Kaiser Cheifs :)

I kinda specialize in remembering lyrics as such.
    Enjoy

Jaysus, on that that "East" webcam it looks like the place is empyting out. Surely there are some big acts coming on there soon (I think it's the Vodaphone stage). Never saw the likes of that before at a major festival - especially on Sat evening, which is usually when crowds are at their peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

lordgoat wrote: »
    No chance of it being canceled imo. It would cost too much to refund the tickets. It'll go on no matter how shi-te the weather is.

This! I believe that the cut off point for an outdoor event is the point that emergency services are unable to provide adequate response times. I can't tell you what would be required for that to happen but 2007 had three inch deep standing water(mud) across the arena and it still went ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

We had to deal with the guards twice by yesterday evening. Its muddy, but no more than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Is that east webcam showing the main stage?

if it is whats the craic down there, place looks empty, isnt there supposed to be someone performing there now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

if it is whats the craic down there, place looks empty, isnt there supposed to be someone performing there now?

Looks like there is someone on stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

threein99 wrote: »
    Looks like there is someone one stage

yeah i pity them. seems to be feck all of a crowd at that stage, ive noticed thats not the main stage, the west webcam is main stage, it was on for a minute then went off

I think that's the Vodaphone stage which is the second biggest as far as I know. But you're right - the Cribs are due on there at 18.40 and you could count the number of people there! Poor sods!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

yeah i pity them. seems to be feck all of a crowd at that stage, ive noticed thats not the main stage, the west webcam is main stage, it was on for a minute then went off

Yea main stage looked pretty packed actually, for the minute it was on! Think it's Florence and the Machine on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Toast wrote: »
    This! I believe that the cut off point for an outdoor event is the point that emergency services are unable to provide adequate response times. I can't tell you what would be required for that to happen but 2007 had three inch deep standing water(mud) across the arena and it still went ahead.

its a good thing daft punk made it all okay.

Looks like The Cribs on that East camera now...Take a look at that lake of mud just behind the "crowds" at the front of the stage!
    And it's still pissing down! God help them - trenchfoot will be setting in soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

vinylrules wrote: »
    Looks like The Cribs on that East camera now...Take a look at that lake of mud just behind the "crowds" at the front of the stage!
    And it's still pissing down! God help them - trenchfoot will be setting in soon...

looks rotten alright Vinny............ya have to feel sorry for anyone out in that, and it's been practically been coming down for 24hours solid........ya can't win out there.....

that's a shambolic crowd for a 2nd stage at a festival........poor band putting their effort in many more people walking around (getting just as wet walking around in the open so you may as well watch the entertainment....)

caught some of Florence and The Machine on RTE's stream and seriously awful......maybe the weather is contributing to it, but her vocals were just crap, couldn't hold a note.....

I wonder are those luxry camping sheds flooded too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

There is a barrier splitting the crowd at the Vodafone stage by the looks of it and there seems to be room for only one row of people at the secondary barrier and then a small lake. Poor Doves are gonna be playing in front of nobody.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

where can you watch oxygen on rte ?????? link please i cant find it . . . i seen doves on stage on the live feed and for fcuk sake there was no one there :S:S:S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭getsun

Guys, need your help.
    Am I mad in thinking of going tomorrow? Can you buy tickets over there and what is it generally like getting out of the place after the last show? I've work on Monday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Tickets available on the gate and the Park and Ride at goffs works very well by all accounts.

Thanks very much, it's getting home that is kindof my worry...also finding a pair of boots :cool:

to be honest i think that if anyone is worried about getting muddy then get over it like. its one weekend. im only going up tomorrow for eminem and im leaving cork at 9 so i can get a good place. hells i dont care once my ears are above the mud!

Love the enthusiasm, are you travelling back tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

Wow, they're are a depressingly tiny amount of people at Doves! The main stage is kinda showing up now too and there doesn't look to be very busy. Granted if I was there I'd be at Hot Chip but still I'd say a lot of people have gone home.

yup im drivin back tomorrow night asap

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TheCrimsonClown

Any audio streams around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

to be honest i think that if anyone is worried about getting muddy then get over it like. its one weekend. im only going up tomorrow for eminem and im leaving cork at 9 so i can get a good place. hells i dont care once my ears are above the mud!

Go you, you rebellious person you. I prefer to stay mud free myself.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Go you, you rebellious person you. I prefer to stay mud free myself.

cant ya just have a shower after no? or should i get you some bubble wrap for yourself?

Advertisement