Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

to be honest i think that if anyone is worried about getting muddy then get over it like. its one weekend. im only going up tomorrow for eminem and im leaving cork at 9 so i can get a good place. hells i dont care once my ears are above the mud!

i think mud should be the last thing people are worried about, hypothermia more like it :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭vinylrules

Just heard on 2FM news that they're allowing people with weekend wristbands to leave the site if they want to go home and "freshen up". They'll be allowed back in tomorrow...

Apparently, a lot of dads heading down this evening in the car to collect their precious ones, rescuing them from the mire! (The cops are pleading with people not to drive to the festival site to pick up people.)

How many of those will head back tomorrow, I wonder?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

vinylrules wrote: »
    Just heard on 2FM news that they're allowing people with weekend wristbands to leave the site if they want to go home and "freshen up". They'll be allowed back in tomorrow...

Apparently, a lot of dads heading down this evening in the car to collect their precious ones, rescuing them from the mire! (The cops are pleading with people not to drive to the festival site to pick up people.)

How many of those will head back tomorrow, I wonder?

They have always let people come and go as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I dont wanna worry anyone but bbc 3 were meant to show some footage of eminem from TITP but he was either crazy late on stage or didnt go on so they didnt show anything from him...

lordgoat wrote: »
    They have always let people come and go as you please.

Oh really? Wonder why they would make a big deal announcing it then? Strangely, the Oxegen web-site seems to suggest it only applies to Dublin based ticket-holders. Does this mean that if you live somewhere other than Dublin - tough **** - you're staying and if you leave, you won't get back. Very odd!

http://2010.oxegen.ie/4380/news/oxegen-customer-service-notice-%e2%80%93-travel-alert/

For any Dublin based Oxegen fans wishing to travel home tonight to change clothes, shower etc your wristband will allow re-entry to Oxegen tomorrow.
    Please avail of Dublin Bus services or the extra buses available to transport fans to Goff’s Park & Ride.

If using Goff’s Park & Ride please ensure to make arrangements for your collection at the Goff’s drop off point ONLY as NO cars or taxi’s are allowed access to concert site. Please allow for traffic delays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I dont wanna worry anyone but bbc 3 were meant to show some footage of eminem from TITP but he was either crazy late on stage or didnt go on so they didnt show anything from him...

He played but was ridiculously late. Its raining up there as well which makes him an even bigger penis-head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Pauleta wrote: »
    He played but was ridiculously late. Its raining up there as well which makes him an even bigger penis-head.

Thats good... because there would of been a lot of disappointed people up there tomorrow.. thanks for the feedback..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Looking at the line-up, it's quite good this year, wouldn't have minded seeing Ash and Bell X1. However I think I'm kind of finished with festivals. I was at Oxegen once I think and also when it was called Witness. I'm not one for camping really and the thought of being stuck outside in crappy weather doesn't really appeal to me. But at the same time, being able to go see such a variety of performers is very appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Looking at the line-up, it's quite good this year, wouldn't have minded seeing Ash and Bell X1. However I think I'm kind of finished with festivals. I was at Oxegen once I think and also when it was called Witness. I'm not one for camping really and the thought of being stuck outside in crappy weather doesn't really appeal to me. But at the same time, being able to go see such a variety of performers is very appealing.

Go to a festival outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Dont worry
    i1278801219.jpg
    i1278801179.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

looking at the live an dhahaha the state of the place . . lakes every where !!1

A V A wrote: »
    looking at the live an dhahaha the state of the place . . lakes every where !!1

Yeah, it looked like the duck pond in Stephen's Green in front of the Vodapone stage!

ye its horible !!!! now to be hoest i was at the scout jamboree in 2008 when we had the biggest rain fall ever and bloody hell puncherstown can become one big lake!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

just back from the place. 2.30 in the morn and the campsite campers are still going nuts.

It really really muddy. far worse than last year(and last tear was bad) .

Traffic to and from the place has been easy. I have made 3 round trips from sallins . It was flowing better than Naas at rush hour.

Tomorrow will have little rain, so it should be a whole lot more fun.

Black eye peas where OK. Not great. It rained half way through their set and dampened the crowd down . I have fallen in love with Fergi. sooooooo feckin hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

After reading a report of eminems performance tonight in titp i cant wait to see him at oxygen, he played 29 songs even though he was 35 mins late Wow cant ask for anymore than that 29 songs who does that nowadays. fair play Em

Eminem played: (Probable Oxygen Set-list)

'Won't Back Down'
    '3am'
    'Square Dance'
    'W.T.P.'
    'Kill You'
    'No Love'
    'So Bad'
    'Cleanin' Out My Closet'
    'The Way I Am'
    'When The Music Stops'
    'Under The Influence'
    'Fight Music'
    'Purple Pills'
    'My Band'
    'Airplanes'
    'Stan'
    'Sing For The Moment'
    'Like Toy Soldiers'
    'Smack That'
    'Til I Collapse'
    'Cinderella Man'
    'Beautiful'
    'Love The Way You Lie'
    'Crack A Bottle'
    'My Name Is'
    'The Real Slim Shady'
    'Without Me'
    'Not Afraid'
    'Lose Yourself'

http://www.nme.com/news/eminem/51970

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

yea im went up this morning and back in kilkenny now...was main stage the whole day from 1 oclock.. im not into rock/alternative/pop music really so didnt enjoy the band apart from florence and dizzee and maybe two door cinema club..
    and it IS so bloody wet...and the moshing is a bit bad too in the pit ( btw was up front all the time..got to the barrier for muse but left after 4-5 songs)

loads of stoned people with freaky eyes, knackers and shet like that but i sorta expected that.

not 17 till in two weeks but never got asked id. nobody did i think. loads of people i met just sneaked in or bribed the stewards.

going back tomorrow to see my heroes..the prodigy..hope the weathers a bit better :D

luck!

PS
    the funniest thing is that one of the lads got in for free by flashing an electric picnic wristband from last year xD that should give u a fair idea about the professionalism of the people who work there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

cant ya just have a shower after no? or should i get you some bubble wrap for yourself?

I always find prevention is better than the cure. If you wish to roll around in **** then that is your choice. Don't expect everyone else to share your viewpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was gona head down today with my good lady but then we both decided on something more fun to do.

For the rest of the day we'll be sitting in the kitchen sticking forks in our eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I'm actually glad that I didn't go to Oxegen this year, the line up wasn't really that good for me, minus a few like Stereophonics and Muse but other than that it wasn't my taste. The weather has been terrible the past few days! That would of just added to the misey but I hope everyone else is having a good time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Ouravit

yea im went up this morning and back in kilkenny now...was main stage the whole day from 1 oclock.. im not into rock/alternative/pop music really so didnt enjoy the band apart from florence and dizzee and maybe two door cinema club..
    and it IS so bloody wet...and the moshing is a bit bad too in the pit ( btw was up front all the time..got to the barrier for muse but left after 4-5 songs)

loads of stoned people with freaky eyes, knackers and shet like that but i sorta expected that.

not 17 till in two weeks but never got asked id. nobody did i think. loads of people i met just sneaked in or bribed the stewards.

going back tomorrow to see my heroes..the prodigy..hope the weathers a bit better :D

luck!

PS
    the funniest thing is that one of the lads got in for free by flashing an electric picnic wristband from last year xD that should give u a fair idea about the professionalism of the people who work there.

how many "freaky eyes" did you see ?
    PS: profesionalism.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭kildare9

Ticket master is closed this morning. Anyone know if you get a ticket at the gate?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

looks a little muddy down there right now at the main stage

2djbate.png

looks terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

A V A wrote: »
    looks terrible

No it doesn't :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Sadly my tent was cut up by scumbags and our gear was strewn all around the campsite. Rather enjoyed Vampire Weekend, having never heard them before. I felt muse was a big novelty gig, to be honest, with all the stupid video effects they had on the screens. But maybe I'm just jaded from afore mentioned tent slashing.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    looks a little muddy down there right now at the main stage

2djbate.png
    . Was that taking from the spot tower? FOH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

slasher_65 wrote: »
    Sadly my tent was cut up by scumbags and our gear was strewn all around the campsite. Rather enjoyed Vampire Weekend, having never heard them before. I felt muse was a big novelty gig, to be honest, with all the stupid video effects they had on the screens. But maybe I'm just jaded from afore mentioned tent slashing.

Sums up the majority of the crowd that camp at Oxegen , scumbags of the highest order .

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

just went to oxegen for the day yesterday the place is ruined!you could not have gone yesterday wearing anythin but wellies...only got them last minute a ladies pair from pennies,they stood the test :P have three rainjackets on me by the end of the night..

the weather was crazy,florence drew a huge crowd and it was bucketin rain for her whole show - she was class....but kasabian were my pick of the night unbelievable got the crowd goin and the rain held out for most the gig.

think people were pissed off with the weather,lads i know didnt even see jay z left after sterophonics said they were saturated.

was well worth the day imo as i never gone before so it was good to see the set up and the state of the place but campin for it?no thanks.

slasher_65 wrote: »

**** buzz for sure. sorry to hear of your troubles

I live close and work on stage. I dont think I could stand the whole oxegen camping thing. (And I go camping most weekends elsewhere)
    From my view looking down. There is happy faces everywhere. even in the rain.

Its just such bad luck with the weather. Its a really good set up they have up there.
    All they need is a dry week to show it.

Im sure that the opinions of folk would be completely opposite if they where not cold and wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Went down for the day yesterday, using the Park and Ride at Goffs, which works very very smoothly I have to say. The rain was painful and the mud was incredible, but as long as you had wellies on (I would say 90%+ of Oxygen goers did) you were alright I thought! You have to feel sorry for those camping though; I'm luckily too old to camp! My mate and I are in our mid-30s and were asked by a few youngsters more than once were we cops, pretty funny. Didn't stop them dropping tabs in front of us, of course.

The Dance Arena was jam-packed with purebred scummers, real dregs of society stuff. Hurts were very good I thought, as was La Roux, Kasabian and Muse - only saw Hot Chip for about 10 minutes but they seemed good as well. My mate checked out the Black Eyed Peas but said the sound was a little off over at that stage and the crowd was mainly 17 year old girls off their faces.

I think people on this thread are over-estimating how terrible the mud is - if you are wearing wellies and get to go home in the evening you are sorted to be honest.

Advertisement