Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

just back . good buzz up there. packed.

Not my sort of crowd though. Loads of white lads looking like Alli G. With all the bling to match. Went into main stage crowd . Was a bit pushy.

World cup instead.

will be great night for the fans. most of The muck has gone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

30 secnds to mars are on now on the live webcam and jared leto looks like hes doing a good job .he's down with the crwod and everything :) pitty its all comingto an end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Daughter just rang and on the big screens is a message to say there is a 90 minute delay until Eminem is on stage...wonder will he show:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

gonker wrote: »
    Daughter just rang and on the big screens is a message to say there is a 90 minute delay until Eminem is on stage...wonder will he show:confused:

He did the same thing at T in the park except only for half an hour. It seems he wants all his shows to be as late as possible so they can't be broadcast live, his managers stopped BBC from showing any footage of him at TITP; So I'm guessing they're trying to do the same thing for Oxegen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    He did the same thing at T in the park except only for half an hour. It seems he wants all his shows to be as late as possible so they can't be broadcast live, his managers stopped BBC from showing any footage of him at TITP; So I'm guessing they're trying to do the same thing for Oxegen!

But TITP was broadcast live wasnt it?
    Oxegen isn't......
    so that seems fairly pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Maybe they got one of those height limit things for people who have to go on the stage, ya know the type, like rollercoaster one's.

Guess Em's hopin he can grow a few inches in 90 mins

why is he such a plonker like that ???

But TITP was broadcast live wasnt it?
    Oxegen isn't......
    so that seems fairly pointless.

Yeah but 2fm broadcasts live until midnight AFAIK?

they will not be allowed to play late i dont think. The people that live near have a fit if it goes overtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Maybe he's actually running late?

He does a brilliant set when he's there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

gsxr1 wrote: »
    they will not be allowed to play late i dont think. The people that live near have a fit if it goes overtime.

I say the locals would rather an obscenely late gig than a full scale riot on their doorstep :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,145 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

gsxr1 wrote: »

Yeah I doubt they'll let him play over the allotted curfew even if he wants to. AFAIK there's normally a fine imposed on the organisers for every few minutes that they go over.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

still playing away on the second stage on the live webcam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭FV-Emperor

threein99 wrote: »
    No one answered because thats one of the many obvious questions answered on the oxegen.ie site , such as can u bring drink into the arena , are you allowed glass bottles in the campsite , can i camp with a day ticket, will there be someone to dress me when i wake up in the mornings bla bla bla bla zz z z zzzz

The information is not on the oxegen website, perhaps because it is so obvious to people who've been to a festival. I knew about the aerosols and glass bottles,I did look up the faq and came to this to find info that wasn't directly answered. The idea of a stickied oxegen gide thread is good.
    And I really don't appreciate the cynicism of a moderator and the fact I was put down as a noob when it was quicker to give me an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

FV-Emperor wrote: »
    The information is not on the oxegen website, perhaps because it is so obvious to people who've been to a festival. I knew about the aerosols and glass bottles,I did look up the faq and came to this to find info that wasn't directly answered. The idea of a stickied oxegen gide thread is good.
    And I really don't appreciate the cynicism of a moderator and the fact I was put down as a noob when it was quicker to give me an answer.

Next time allow more than 10 minutes for people to answer (which is a given at 02:50am) before quoting your own question... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Just home now, I am not a fan of rap so I may be bias in saying this; but that eminem guy was pure muck. There was a black guy on stage who did all the rapping and em just knocked around with his hood up looking pissedoff @ being there. Thank god I was there for free, because alot of people paid money just to see eminem and he was terrible. Faithless were savage, so it just goes to show you either have it or you don't, and that eminem guy has nothing.
    PS... Paulo nuitno was surprisingly enjoyable.

i hate paulo nutini but i find myself slowly moving towards him grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant beleive it

on the webcam it looked like the prodigy got a fair good crowd

cant wait to hear what the people thought of oxygen that went i say it will be 50/50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

was just on the oxegen facebook page and a few people on there were saying that some young lad died up there anybody hear of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

was just on the oxegen facebook page and a few people on there were saying that some young lad died up there anybody hear of this?

no no no no

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

meh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I heard somebody died but im not gonna go by facebook rumours. Very sad news.

Pauleta wrote: »
    I heard somebody died but im not gonna go by facebook rumours. Very sad news.
    yes it's a rumour

thats terrible news . . . .heart goes out to the family

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

30 seconds to mars were good but the prodigy were deadly,wild,amazing etc etc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Eminem was my personal biggest disappointment this year. :(
    I was extremely looking forward to the show. What I witnessed there, was one big medley. I think "lose yourself" was actually the ONLY song that he fully played. The rest of the concert consisted of snippets from his classics (between 30 and 90 seconds each). Words cannot describe how annoying it is to be constantly teased like this.
    So, here's the full setlist:

- Medley
    Encore:
    - Lose Yourself

:mad:

PS. I only went there for Eminem. I was not interested in any of the other bands. That makes the whole thing even worse!
    PPS. I'm not familiar with his new stuff, so it is possible that some of these songs were actually fully plaed as well.

i cant find it dude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Just back from oxygen and it was AWESOME eminem even dedicated a song for an Irish kid who died yesterday he said he would have been there tonight, played sing for the moment for him, i thought that was amazing respect from eminem and shows how much he cares

I had a feeling peeps would say this about Eminem.( not great live)
    He is not really a musician.

Without the producers in a studio he is a feather weight . Rambling sh1t over a mic to a backing track is not what one would hope for main stage on Sunday.

Faithless and Prodigy on the other hand know how to string a few notes together. In fact they fecking rock! and can do it all live.

Prodigy would have been my choice for sure. I bet that stage was jammed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Eminem was crap, so I went to Mumford & Sons, who were nothing short of epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

It's in the comment's under the pictures of Mumford and Sons!!

Really sad if it's true about the lad dying. Remember being up there a few years ago and saw a lad drank a litre of neat vodka through a funnel in the space of 5mins. The feckin' eejit was in an awful condition afterwards, couldn't even stand up. His mates were egging him on (think they bet him €20 to do it), and apparently it was something similar is supposed to have happened to the lad that died this evening. Bravado makes lads do stupid things..............

RIP

Any chance of providing a deeplink? I can't find any Mumford photos...

Advertisement