Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i'll stop posting up rumours now
    all i can find

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

meh

i'm as bad as people posting comments when i reproduce them here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Its a little disrespectful to the family be commenting on hear say . If this tragedy did happen, then maybe we should not discuss at this time.
    Providing links to social network gossip maybe is not a good move right now

i edited your posts what you also could have done rather than post unconfirmed half truths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just got back a little while ago. Had a great time, Mumford and Sons and Kasabian were, for me, the acts of the weekend, absolutely brilliant. Only act I didn't like this weekend were Arcade Fire, who were just awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Great weekend. Met lots of sound people, I really liked how they organised the pit this year. It was much easier to move in and out for your favourite bands. Muse were exceptional, loved Doms costume. Jay Z and Arcade Fire where also highlights. I even managed to be on the barier for Arcade Fire due to everyone leaving straight after Jay Z. Laura Marling was beautiful. It's a pity so few people showed up for her set. God Is An Astornaut also deserve a mention. I was dragged along to Paulo Nutini by my friends. He was dreadful...

This was my first Oxegen and I was expecting to get stabbed within the first 5 mins of arriving after reading all the **** posted on here but to be honest most of the knackers I bumped into were great craic, a few tossers were off there face but I acoided them at all costs

Concerning deaths at the festival, I'm pretty sure these rumours start circulating immediately after every Oxegen and are often shown to be false.

Anyway thanks to anyone I met down there for a brilliant weekend. Looking foward to getting some sleep now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Ozil

nommm wrote: »
    Concerning deaths at the festival, I'm pretty sure these rumours start circulating immediately after every Oxegen and are often shown to be false.

Watch the news tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

A V A wrote: »
    i cant really see detail tbh . . i seen one comment about someone passing and some paying repects to the family and then a fcuking dcikhead that said " who down 2 litres of vodka" . . . . .proves my point about the type of people that goes to oxygen and the people it attracts !!!

i will not comment until i know more.

I'm hoping that it's all a rumour though, the papers will have a field day if it's true. Not to mention of course that if it's true it's a life gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

nommm wrote: »

Not a stitch about it on any media streams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

Ocean Colour Scene followed by Mumford and Sons, that tent was savage!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

All the people blindly defending Oxegen on that makes me think that MCD will do quite well with it again next year.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    All the people blindly defending Oxegen on that makes me think that MCD will do quite well with it again next year.

Defending? Get a grip man, its a music festival and you make what you want of it!

Yes. Do take some time out to read some gems such as "Marcus u are a retard. Oxegen rules!" and "haha whatever Marcus ,, i can't wait 4 oxegen next year u clearly havent a clue what your on about ".

Granted Marcus is a bit of a tool too. I see a common trend here. People unable to spell a word like you and for. It is quite worrying.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Yes. Do take some time out to read some gems such as "Marcus u are a retard. Oxegen rules!" and "haha whatever Marcus ,, i can't wait 4 oxegen next year u clearly havent a clue what your on about ".

Granted Marcus is a bit of a tool too. I see a common trend here. People unable to spell a word like you and for. It is quite worrying.

Minstrel, your grasp of the english language is pretty limited so shhhh!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No more mentioning the alleged details of the young man that passed away at the fesitlval. This is not the place for rumours or hearsay. If it is confirmed i have no problem with people expressing sympathy but until then please refrain from commenting on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mind blown. Net cost about 60 squids. Wrecked but thats the way it should be. Now for a shower at last.

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Minstrel, your grasp of the english language is pretty limited so shhhh!!!!

It should be English :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

lordgoat wrote: »
    No more mentioning the alleged details of the young man that passed away at the fesitlval. This is not the place for rumours or hearsay. If it is confirmed i have no problem with people expressing sympathy but until then please refrain from commenting on it.

This rumour comes out every year. :pac:

Quote from Oxegen facebook page:
    OXEGEN Hi Guys, just to let you know, there have been no deaths at Oxegen! Thanks to all though for making it another fantastic year, can't wait to see you all again next year! Mumford & Sons.. What a way to end it all! Hope ure not as knackered as we are!x
    54 minutes ago · Like · Flag

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

OXEGEN Hi Guys, just to let you know, there have been no deaths at Oxegen! Thanks to all though for making it another fantastic year, can't wait to see you all again next year! Mumford & Sons.. What a way to end it all! Hope ure not as knackered as we are!x
    54 minutes ago · Like · Flag

Surely a poor word choice considering what people say about the a decent part of this festivals patrons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I remember afew years back at poxygen my mate got really badly sunburnt at it so we went to the first aid tent to get some after sun or something for his sunburn. The nurse at the tent told us that MCD wont give them the funds to get aftersun or vasoline so i doubt that they would pay for extra security!!!

In fairness, after sun is not a first-aid treatment and not what the first aid tents were put there for. Unless, it's a serious case of sun burn where the person would have to be sent to hospital. The first aid posts are sub contracted and the contractor would have all the first aid requiremenents. It's not a matter of MCD giving them money to buy supplies.
    Also,they wont change the date of the festival cos all the artists that are playing have played the day before or the day after at T in the park so MCD just seem to get all the acts from them.

T in The Park and Oxegen are effectively twinned festivals and very interconnected on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Diana Vickers - very good live, gets the crowd going, never stopped moving and is cd quality. Paolo Nutini was ok, nothing special though. He was a good singer and played good,well known songs but he didnt interact with the crowd enough. Was never a fan of florence, but oxegen has shown me the light, shes savage!! Coronas - brilliant as always imo. They interacted with the crowd, had a brilliant set list and the crowd was singing away with every song :D
    The crowd for Eminem ruined it for me. I waited for 4-5 hours to get into eminem, and was 7-8 rows back from the front, but sweet Jeebus it was awful in there. you couldnt move, people were pushing making the who crowd have to try and keep themselves and the weight of the people behind them up without being able to move their feet. The body heat was awful and people were fainting. There was no chance for making your way through the crowd to leave, it just wasnt an option. You had to crowd surf out - when my sister did this 2 men started fighting beneath her :eek: I was about to faint at one stage and it just wasnt happening that i was gonna get out. They should definately controlled the amount to go into the pit better because that was awful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Diana Vickers - very good live, gets the crowd going, never stopped moving and is cd quality. Paolo Nutini was ok, nothing special though. He was a good singer and played good,well known songs but he didnt interact with the crowd enough. Was never a fan of florence, but oxegen has shown me the light, shes savage!! Coronas - brilliant as always imo. They interacted with the crowd, had a brilliant set list and the crowd was singing away with every song :D
    The crowd for Eminem ruined it for me. I waited for 4-5 hours to get into eminem, and was 7-8 rows back from the front, but sweet Jeebus it was awful in there. you couldnt move, people were pushing making the who crowd have to try and keep themselves and the weight of the people behind them up without being able to move their feet. The body heat was awful and people were fainting. There was no chance for making your way through the crowd to leave, it just wasnt an option. You had to crowd surf out - when my sister did this 2 men started fighting beneath her :eek: I was about to faint at one stage and it just wasnt happening that i was gonna get out. They should definately controlled the amount to go into the pit better because that was awful!!

i stood a good bit back from the stage round where the lads were messing in the mud earlier that day with a good view of things at eminem time and had a perfect view with no squashing or pushing of people i could just imagine what it was like near the stage it looked way to much but thats whats to be expected the band i really enjoyed a lot was example in the hot press 2fm tent

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

smokin ace wrote: »
    i stood a good bit back from the stage round where the lads were messing in the mud earlier that day with a good view of things at eminem time and had a perfect view with no squashing or pushing of people i could just imagine what it was like near the stage it looked way to much

yeah it really was insane. I eventually got out into the side and just watched of the screens at the side and enjoyed myself far more. I just dont know how more people were not fainting once he started

yeah it really was insane. I eventually got out into the side and just watched of the screens at the side and enjoyed myself far more. I just dont know how more people were not fainting once he started

i think standing back from the stage a bit is the only way to go let all the clowns get squashed up close to the stage because most are either to pissed or out of there head to really care and wont enjoy themselves

I was talking to some security staff.

They tell me that the Clash between Prodigy and Eminem was intentional.

It was done for crowd safety . makes perfect sense really. If peeps are complaining about crowd surge with Eminem . imagine what it would have been like with drugged up dance fans thrown in on top.

Plus im my opinion .

Prodigy would have had to take a back seat to Eminem.

Prodigy would have blown him away and made him sound even worse.
    The same was said in slane when Prodigy backed up Oassis.

smokin ace wrote: »
    i think standing back from the stage a bit is the only way to go let all the clowns get squashed up close to the stage because most are either to pissed or out of there head to really care and wont enjoy themselves

I found standing either 20 meters from stage or 10 meters behind the delay towers mid field is the best place for good sound.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Are people talking about the guy who died at TITP yesterday?
    http://www.nme.com/news/t-in-the-park/51960

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

drove up yday from cork just to see eminem. waited from 5 just so i could get up next to stage. long long long wait, very tiring and retards everywhere pushing. it wasnt too bad until after faithless, it got very bad den but after the first 10mins of eminem it calmed down. loved every minute of him and yeah there may be some better live acts but when you idol someone that you never get to see that close, you just dont care. the money spent, the sore back, the long wait, the heat....and i just dont care id do it all again tonight if i could. if you know the lyrics to his songs then its amazing. i missed it the second he was gone off stage. and the bus service to and from goffs was first class thank you

• Advertisement

i have to agree the bus service was excellent well organised no messing around the whole gig as a whole was well organised

Advertisement