Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

yeah it really was insane. I eventually got out into the side and just watched of the screens at the side and enjoyed myself far more. I just dont know how more people were not fainting once he started

Faithless was riddled with fainters, most of the women in the pit were lifted out. I had to go over too to get to Prodigy as there was not a chance of going backwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

drove up yday from cork just to see eminem. waited from 5 just so i could get up next to stage. long long long wait, very tiring and retards everywhere pushing. it wasnt too bad until after faithless, it got very bad den but after the first 10mins of eminem it calmed down. loved every minute of him and yeah there may be some better live acts but when you idol someone that you never get to see that close, you just dont care. the money spent, the sore back, the long wait, the heat....and i just dont care id do it all again tonight if i could. if you know the lyrics to his songs then its amazing. i missed it the second he was gone off stage. and the bus service to and from goffs was first class thank you

Well said man, for all you pansies expecting a luxurious day out read the above!! Its a ****ing festival, grow a pair of testicles and enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Well said man, for all you pansies expecting a luxurious day out read the above!! Its a ****ing festival, grow a pair of testicles and enjoy!

Oh STFU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i completely agree with you about it being stupid expecting luxery, we're just saying there was not enough control on the amount of people entering the pit. Im not an idiot, i know an act like eminem is very rare to have but at the end of the day when you cant move your foot, you get elbowed in the face, your left with bruises from the pressure of some lads arm as he was squashed against you and theres people crying/fainting right left and centre its a disaster not merely a festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Went down for the day yesterday-bloody bus driver got lost en route and headed out down the Lucan Road rather than the Naas one:mad:-only cost us half an hour but annoying all the same.

I thought the actual concert went fairly well apart from the mud which is par for the course really so it didn't bother me too much. I went to see Newton Faulkner (suprisingly good), We Are Scientists (fantastic -made my day:D), Bell X1 (as expected), Paolo Nutini (felt he shouldn't have been on the main stage but was ok), , Faithless (savage-really know how to put on a show) and Eminem (started off with 3 songs I'd never heard but picked up afterwards so I was fairly happy). All in all I really enjoyed my day out apart from bottles of water for €2.50-really disgusted with this-water should be provided free or at least at a reasonable price-50 cent a bottle perhaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

i completely agree with you about it being stupid expecting luxery, we're just saying there was not enough control on the amount of people entering the pit. Im not an idiot, i know an act like eminem is very rare to have but at the end of the day when you cant move your foot, you get elbowed in the face, your left with bruises from the pressure of some lads arm as he was squashed against you and theres people crying/fainting right left and centre its a disaster not merely a festival.

This isn't exactly limited to Eminem or Oxegen. The exact same scenes occur at the majority of gigs in my experience-Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, Bloc Party, all have been like this. I've learnt my lesson though, just avoid being in the pit, you'll have a far more enjoyable experience if you stand just a bit further out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

All in all I really enjoyed my day out apart from bottles of water for €2.50-really disgusted with this-water should be provided free or at least at a reasonable price-50 cent a bottle perhaps.

there was a few places around the place giving out drinking water for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Have to say, yeah, I think they need to rethink the pit arrangement. Last time I was there, they had a fairly tightly controlled one-in-one-out deal, but this time the pit bar was basically a token effort and there was sod all visible effort being made to keep any kind of order. It seemed fairly consistently bad all weekend too, regardless of what band were playing. I saw people in real trouble during Stereophonics (Stereophonics, FFS!) and the crowd just kept coming forward. A festival is a festival, and you know what to expect, whatever - but that pit was an avoidable mess and I've never seen it as bad.

This isn't exactly limited to Eminem or Oxegen. The exact same scenes occur at the majority of gigs in my experience-Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, Bloc Party, all have been like this. I've learnt my lesson though, just avoid being in the pit, you'll have a far more enjoyable experience if you stand just a bit further out.

yeah any concerts ive been at before, people have been getting dragged out left right and centre too. i never ever go into the mosh pit for that reason but for eminem i just wanted to get as close as possible no matter what. anyone who went into the mosh pit had to know what they were getting themselves into. thousands of people are gonna wanna get as close as possible to see him without qeueing. i got back to the car, washed my hands and face, changed my clothes and drove home then. no bruises or anything that a sleep didnt cure but i do have clear pictures and videos of marshal which is worth anything. he may not be back for a long time, and if he's not ill travel to europe see him,and if he does come here again soon....the mosh pit will be calling me again

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Oh STFU.

Man, head into town and get your allover tan and stylish boots, gfu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

there is no point in expecting luxury i was only there for sunday and it was my first oxegen experience and knew what to expect even for one day and just to get a feel for the place before i decide to give a go for the full weekend next year before i get to old

smokin ace wrote: »
    there is no point in expecting luxury i was only there for sunday and it was my first oxegen experience and knew what to expect even for one day and just to get a feel for the place before i decide to give a go for the full weekend next year before i get to old

I agree, for the people that were expecting everyone to bend down and apoligise for bumping into them I think they should have stayed at home. are the Irish public that sensentive? if u wanna see Neil Diamond but the live dvd and stay at home!

I agree, for the people that were expecting everyone to bend down and apoligise for bumping into them I think they should have stayed at home. are the Irish public that sensentive? if u wanna see Neil Diamond but the live dvd and stay at home!

i found anyone i talked to was very nice and polite and had a good laugh with them

That's not what we're saying. We're not expecting luxury, and most of us have been to Oxegen before and knew what to expect - but from an organisational point of view, it's still not alright to let things get that bad if you can help it, and from a crowd point of view, I get the impression that most of the guys trying to be the big man moshing in the pit haven't really done it before and don't really know the score.

i didnt see anyone doing the bolox or half as many drunk people as i was expectin! im the same as smokin aces, first oxygen experience, only went up for yday and not knowin what to expect. i didnt see one fight the whole day, noone running around screaming. most people were just sitting on the muddy grass chatting to their friends or eating food. its not that bad apart from the rain if you go there with a bit of an open mind and leniance towards people

what was peoples band of the weekend i was only there on sunday and i really enjoyed example and thought they were brilliant they get two thumbs up from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I get the impression that most of the guys trying to be the big man moshing in the pit haven't really done it before and don't really know the score.

Most people don't any more. They think it's purpose is to get in and kick the crap out of as many people as possible as quick as possible.

Saw one chap doing this at another gig who then stood in the middle taunting everyone and anyone to take him on. Was funny when around 30 people charged him and he ended up having to be pulled out of the pit.
    A few of the same people who charged him ended up carrying him over to the first aiders and then rejoined the proper moshing.

Man, head into town and get your allover tan and stylish boots, gfu

I will wax my balls while I am there too.

I will wax my balls while I am there too.

i doubt you even have balls, mabye your mother should have came down to protect you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Over the weekend i saw alot of people with no shame :P between seeing a woman having a s**t beside the mens urinals and a dude pi**ing on his friends wellies right beside us at the icecream van beside the main stage. I couldn't get over the amount of people throwing things into the crowd. I hope for alot of peoples sakes those cups had heineken in them and not pi**.

My first oxegen experience and apart from the rain i have to say it was kick ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

all in all i thought it was a decent weekend stand out acts for me were kasabian jay z eminem and sterophonics. if i do go again il be defo gettin meself a camper van :D

i doubt you even have balls, mabye your mother should have came down to protect you!!!

Any more personal digs? You might want to get them all out of your system. BTW you wouldn't catch me near that knacker fest.

Any more personal digs? You might want to get them all out of your system. BTW you wouldn't catch me near that knacker fest.

you my friend need to get a pair of hairy sacks! Maybe have a laff at a festival? i for one had a great time!

PM me if you wish to continue your conversation. I really hope you don't.

Noxin wrote: »
    Most people don't any more. They think it's purpose is to get in and kick the crap out of as many people as possible as quick as possible.

Saw one chap doing this at another gig who then stood in the middle taunting everyone and anyone to take him on. Was funny when around 30 people charged him and he ended up having to be pulled out of the pit.
    A few of the same people who charged him ended up carrying him over to the first aiders and then rejoined the proper moshing.

Sweet, sweet pit justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,363 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

so what time did it finish up last night??

rossie1977 wrote: »
    so what time did it finish up last night??

it finished up around 12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gutted i missed biffy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Anyone know if the Irish channels will show highlights of the weekend like the BBC were doing for T in the Park? It would be a shame if they didn't.

• Advertisement

MTV usually show highlights a few weeks after the event.

Advertisement