Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

TechnoPool wrote: »
    there was plenty of free water stalls pal

Didn't see them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

TechnoPool wrote: »
    sure the nokia live stage was hopping til after 4am:D

that was only for campers (blue campsite)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 KatieN17

Went down for the day yesterday-bloody bus driver got lost en route and headed out down the Lucan Road rather than the Naas one:mad:-only cost us half an hour but annoying all the same.

I thought the actual concert went fairly well apart from the mud which is par for the course really so it didn't bother me too much. I went to see Newton Faulkner (suprisingly good), We Are Scientists (fantastic -made my day:D), Bell X1 (as expected), Paolo Nutini (felt he shouldn't have been on the main stage but was ok), , Faithless (savage-really know how to put on a show) and Eminem (started off with 3 songs I'd never heard but picked up afterwards so I was fairly happy). All in all I really enjoyed my day out apart from bottles of water for €2.50-really disgusted with this-water should be provided free or at least at a reasonable price-50 cent a bottle perhaps.

The first three songs were off his new album ..
    and the water for 50cents?? I agree 2.50 is expensive but In fairness now you pay more that 50cents in any shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

My first and last weekend camping at Oxegen.

Arrived Thursday in the rain and set up the tents and went for a wander, rain just kept getting worse! (I can cope with rain)

Got back to our tents to find that one of the lads bags was robbed, tent slashed and our food & drink gone from ours!

At that point I wanted my own bed, stuck it out and Friday was just as mucky but the atmosphere was amazing :) Went down to the arena and we were in watching David Guetta and lala gets a broken glow stick into the eye :( Absolute agony, spent Saturday in Naas a&e!

Came home Saturday with no intentions of going back but did, Black Eyed Peas were amazing :) Before they came on a load of scumbags started a huge row and the guards stood watching them!

Then all along theres people having muck fights :eek:

Sunday was just amazing :) I loved the whole day, got up bright and early this morning and came home to have a shower!

Me thinks it will be EP for me next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

have to go to oxegen next year wasn't impressed by the line up this year maybe 3-4 great acts with a lot of mediocre support bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Just home too, been there since last Wednesday. I was one of the scouts you saw scurrying around putting up people's tents!

Highlights of the Festival for me were Muse, Eminem, Vampire Weekend and Delphic. Muse blew me away, and Eminem managed to be more than just a novelty. Delphic will definitely be on a bigger stage next time round, the Red Bull tent was full and their sound was perfect for Main Stage. I wasn't really disappointed with anyone I saw; D12 proved they can't hold up on their own without Eminem, and 30 Seconds To Mars were as bad as I expected (Jared Leto called me out in front of the crowd as 'the tall guy in green with his arms folded not dancing'). The only ones who weren't as good as I'd hoped were Arcade Fire, but I still really loved their set.

Definitely the strongest lineup I've seen in a while, was sorry to miss Mumford and Sons but I'll be catching them at the Picnic :D

Stayed in Green camp this year .. its bit of a torture walk to camp as there are a few hills, but well worth it for the smaller camping area and better vibe PLUS a shorter walk to arena.

Highlights for me were
    Jay Z
    Eminem
    Mumford & Sons
    & Definately
    Newton Faulkner for wearing odd socks alone!

Rain was awful but nothing u can do .. wasnt as bad as 2007 !
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

KatieN17 wrote: »
    The first three songs were off his new album ..
    and the water for 50cents?? I agree 2.50 is expensive but In fairness now you pay more that 50cents in any shop.

Not even, his second song called 3 am, is from Relapse which was his last album before Recovery

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Arthurdaly

how is this knackerfest still going 5 years after it's last respectable installment. It beats me how idiots actually pay huge money to attend a festival with such rough crowd and an overall unsafe atmosphere. Go to Europe, see better bands and mix with nicer people for half the price.

Did you break a fingernail? It amazes me how ladyboys like the above survive? Is there any men left in ireland? Its v dissapointed to be honest, I dont think these ladyboys existed back in 1994?

Not even, his second song called 3 am, is from Relapse which was his last album before Recovery

prob too wrapped up in the fact i love Wont Back Down & Eminem was actually real life on stage.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Loriharton wrote: »
    anyone see calvin harris? Amazing!! Of course you have to like his music but I thought the show was brilliant-the lights! Would've loved to have seen Muse but I felt like dancing and calvin was inside, after being soaked all day that may have been one of the deciding factors for me! so so glad I went this year, I'll be honest I was really expecting to be surrounded by a load of 16 and 17 year old (insert PC word for skangers) the whole day but I was very pleasantly surprised-much older, more laid back crowd than i thought there would be and had an absolute brilliant time!

Wouldn't camp if you paid me though, not after hearing all the stories!!:)
    Yeah Brilliant Set..someone told me he was on Twitter the next morning saying he had just played the Gig of his Life:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anybody else hit up Aoki? Listening to him now again, I'm a Beetroots fan but never really looked into Steve much, big mistake. Whopper sesh in that steamroom of an arena:D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah Brilliant Set..someone told me he was on Twitter the next morning saying he had just played the Gig of his Life:cool:
    Oxegen last night was the gig of my life...! I'm going back to London now. Not had very much sleep at all. All sorts of weirdness went on!?

I passed over him as I'd seen him before at Marlay, annoyed now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Arthurdaly wrote: »
    Did you break a fingernail? It amazes me how ladyboys like the above survive? Is there any men left in ireland? Its v dissapointed to be honest, I dont think these ladyboys existed back in 1994?

soory i have to agree with leif on that one he is right and doesn't make him a lady boy either :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

smokin ace wrote: »
    that was only for campers (blue campsite)

was one outside the green sphere tent

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Anyone at Calvin Harris know what version of 'Acceptable in the 80s' he played?

A V A wrote: »
    soory i have to agree with leif on that one he is right and doesn't make him a lady boy either :p:p

Sorry buy i didnt encounter any of this which is a bit surprising considering I attended the first oxegen. Maybe little boys should stay at home until they are man enough to cope with a festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Agreed, I know so many people who had stuff robbed and tents slashed. You don't have to be a ladyboy to be annoyed when random knackers wreck your stuff for the craic. Doesn't happen at Electric Picnic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Dioza

Sorry buy i didnt encounter any of this which is a bit surprising considering I attended the first oxegen. Maybe little boys should stay at home until they are man enough to cope with a festival?

You were probably the one doing it :P

I got hit in the face with a random muck ball while eating something that cost me 8 euro, you don't have to be a "little boy" to be pissed off by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

ArthurDaley, willingness to silently endure crappy overpriced conditions and obnoxious drunks stealing and destroying your stuff is not a strength.

• Advertisement

Dioza wrote: »
    You were probably the one doing it :P

I got hit in the face with a random muck ball while eating something that cost me 8 euro, you don't have to be a "little boy" to be pissed off by it.

That would piss me off in fairnesss, but myself and about 11 friends have been down oxegen for years and never experienced any of this rubbish!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

myself and about 11 friends have been down oxegen for years and never experienced any of this rubbish!!!

You should think about going home at some point.

Also your comments are way outta line. Being a big man on t'internet doesn't make you deadly, you just come across like a sap.

Also your comments are way outta line. Being a big man on t'internet doesn't make you deadly, you just come across like a sap.

Jimmy, education and you fall out? You sound a bit simple?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I will never understand those who pay €250 to spend the whole weekend drinking. Oxegen was amazing for me bands wise! Vampire Weekend, Stereophonics, Jay-Z, Keywest, Kids in Glass Houses, Two Door Cinema Club, Biffy Clyro, Rise Against, 3oh!3, Hurts, Kasabian, MUSE!, Ash, The Temper Trap, The Prodigy, Eminem, Mumford and Sons and the absolutely amazing 30 SECONDS TO MARS! There were some amazing shows and I'm very proud of my 11 bands seen on Saturday! :)

We were lucky to have no really bad experiences this year but thats from learning our lesson last year when we found a girl passed out in one of our tents and our drink missing. Straight to the back in R12 this year! Still managed to have two pairs of Wellies stolen though!

The crowd is getting a bit more "undesirable" as the years go on and if the line up keeps going more mainstream it will only get worse which will turn me off for next year. Although I saw bands this year that I never would have ever gone to otherwise like Eminem or Jay-Z, I would just rather the old days of a bit more alternativity. I have still loved my two years of Oxegen! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

dude theres no need for that. hes not trying to be a big man or what ever on his first view replys and i see no attitude in them . . .but the attitude that you have is the attitude were talking about , being a big man on the internet. . . . thats sort of carry on and was told there was alot of that happening were my friends were and they've been to xygen and they said they have never ever seen that before there.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

dude theres no need for that. hes not trying to be a big man or what ever and i see no attitude in his replys . . .but the attitude that you have is the attitude were talking about , being a big man on the internet . . .he's not ??

Back on topic, if you have a problem with someone's posts - use the report function. Jimmy (or anyone else) please do not reply to this on thread- thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Me and the missus ended up leaving at around 11am, the weather was just so bad and there was so much scum that I really feel bad for anyone that got camping tickets. People have said "oh I'm sure it was like that when you were younger, but you didn't notice" but I have to disagree - when Jay-Z, Black Eyed Peas, David Guetta, Eminem etc all headline a fest (great artists though some of them may be) you're bound to get a rougher audience. I counted five Celtic jerseys :eek:

Lol.

I don't know,I was working at it this year and was expecting carnage but I'll be honest and say it wasnt as bad as expected nor have experienced in other years.I could go on for ages about stuff I saw,fights,burning tents etc,maybe I'm being naive as to what really went on but I thought there'd be a lot more trouble.Anyone stay in the red campsite? Was that as bad as the blue? From what I saw the blue was like a zoo,every madman at Oxegen seemedto be staying there but it's always the dopes/pissheads/morons that stick out in your mind when thinking back and I'm sure the majority had a good time(or at least i hope)

If people are thinking of going next year and dont want much trouble I wholeheartedly recommend saving up a bit earlier and either staying in the green campsite or try to organise a campervan.It will take so much stress outta the weekend!

Anyways,music wise,I didnt get to see as much asI would have liked,Friday I only saw Arcade Fire who I really liked,,but I'm a massive fan anyways,crowd was wayyyy too small though.Saturday - Editors I loved but I love them anyways,that Vodafone stage I didnt like though,Kasabian were alright,only caught the last 15 mins of Hot Chip and was disappointed,expected so much more.Muse were bloody awesome! Sunday I watched a bit of Faithless before going backstage at OCS who were pretty good.Again I think that Vodafone stage didnt do justice for The Prodigy,probably the worst time I've seen them out of 6 or 7 times I think at this stageso went and watched the end of Eminem,but now I wish I watched Mumford and Sons going on reports.

Anyways,I got about 5 hrs sleep all weekend and still aren'table to eat properly,need a day or two to fix meself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

RHunce wrote: »
    during biffy clyro i saw a guy doing two lines of coke!

This? At a music festival? Absolutely disgraceful...

Seriously, was this your first concert in your life?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭thebossanova

Sweet, sweet pit justice.

30 Seconds to Mars were giving pit etiquette tutorials half way through their set, which was nice!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Might go to oxegen next year,maybe. I went last year and it was great better acts for me,although the camping part was poor.

Advertisement