Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The isle of wight is on that weekend so some of their acts will probably make it over for oxegen

Acts confirmed for Isle of wight

Blondie
    Crowded House
    Daisy Dares You
    Doves
    Friendly Fires
    Hockey
    James
    Jay-Z
    Ocean Colour Scene
    Orbital
    Mr Hudson
    Paloma Faith
    Pink
    Shakespears Sister
    Spandau Ballet
    Squeeze
    The Saturdays
    The Strokes
    Vampire Weekend

I could see them popping over to Oxegen. I think The Strokes could be 50/50 since they wont be playing TITP and since we usually get the same headliners as them ( apart from Muse in 2007). Dont think Green Day will play since they are doing the Marley Park date. Hoping to head over to IOW this year.
    On 27 November 2009, Kasabian announced their appearance at Oxegen 2010 at their show in Dublin's O2. Before leaving the stage at the end of the show, frontman Tom Meighan said, "See you at Oxegen." Kasabian have since been confirmed as headliners of Oxegen's sister festival, Scotland's T in the Park. On January 18, 2010, Green Day were confirmed as headliners for Sunday night.[citation needed] Muse have also stated they will appear at the festival with the day yet to be confirmed. On January 18th 2010 Daft punk front man Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo was rumoured to have made reference to a possible apperance at many festivals this year including Oxegen 2010 and the sister festival T in the park, although nothing was confirmed..[95]

Thats from Wiki

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Definitely not green Day
    Could be Muse but they said they were planing a big gig in ireland for this year on MTV2 last september so possibly Marley Park in August before The wembley gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Isle of Wight is on the second week of June afaik, so not at the same time as Oxegen.

Extremely unlikely that Green Day would play an outdoor and then a headline festival show just over two weeks later. A small chance perhaps if Marley was an instant sellout, but the demand just isn't there.

The tidbit about Daft Punk is not from a verified source. I wouldn't expect them at Oxegen but you never know.

Jay-Z, The Strokes, Muse, Kasabian, Stereophonics all seem possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Isle of Wight is on the second week of June afaik, so not at the same time as Oxegen.

Your right good brother, got the months mixed up June/july :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭s8n

Any idea when a lineup will be officially announced ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

I wish all the knackers were banned

Ya cant beat looking on wiki to see who has been added to Oxegen. RHCP have now been confirmed to play one of the nights "We Cant Wait To Back To Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

chillis are headling

give me

kasabian
    daft punk
    chillis

and im der

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭DanHendrix

Love to see Arctic Monkeys again..Put on a great live show.. Especially in the outdoors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

DanHendrix wrote: »
    Love to see Arctic Monkeys again..Put on a great live show.. Especially in the outdoors
    yeah same, would be great if they played more off their first 2 albums,third is not as good but still ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

what the fúck is wrong with people on here. RHCP? WTF?
    Fúcking stick Soundgarden on the mainstage you bunch of conservative MOR-rock listening bog-hopping deadheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

what the fúck is wrong with people on here. RHCP?WTF?
    Fúcking stick Soundgarden on the mainstage you bunch of conservative MOR-rock listening bog-hopping deadheads.
    Soundgarden suck donkey tits!a fact proven by 407 scientists!!!

The lineup for 2008 was excellent but that may be to do with the fact rage played....for this year def stick in chilli peppers, prodigy, seasick steve(fcuking excellent in 2008) and i'd def go see!!!!!!!!!bit of ghostland obsorvatory wouldnt go astray either!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Sirsok wrote: »
    Soundgarden suck donkey tits!a fact proven by 407 scientists!!!

The lineup for 2008 was excellent but that may be to do with the fact rage played....for this year def stick in chilli peppers, prodigy, seasick steve(fcuking excellent in 2008) and i'd def go see!!!!!!!!!bit of ghostland obsorvatory wouldnt go astray either!!!!!!

Just what is the appeal of the Chilli peppers?! they havn't brought out anything decent (Californication - questionable) in 11 years now (well neither have Soundgarden but they havn't peddled ****e either cos they've been split up!), and John Frusciante (the talented one, also questionable) has left. They've proved time and time again they're shíte live too (Lansdowne road fiasco).
    Keidis' singing is just unbearable. RHCP are the epitome of absolute mediocrity.. I'll have bottles of piss on the ready if they turn up:P
    Pearl Jam and Soundgarden are touring this summer. Nuff said!

Mr.S wrote: »
    RHCP are **** live, but they'd draw the crowd in if they where headliners.

I'd say the lineup would be something like this:

Arctic Monkeys
    Muse
    Pearl Jam

With Snow Patrol & Kasabian Co headlining somewhere.

Would take out AM and put Kasabian and The Prodigy as co-headliners (if the rumours are true). Also id say Snow Patrol will do Marley Park again since they are playing Bangor in June

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

RHCP are **** live, but they'd draw the crowd in if they where headliners.

I'd say the lineup would be something like this:

Arctic Monkeys
    Muse
    Pearl Jam

With Snow Patrol & Kasabian Co headlining somewhere.

Pearl Jam won't play. they've already got two sold-out gigs about two weeks before Oxegen.

Ah didn't see that, i was just going by what other festivals around Oxegen had.

I still wouldnt take Pearl Jam out of the running. Yes they are playing a few weeks before Oxegen but since the dates are sold out MCD wont lose any money

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I still wouldnt take Pearl Jam out of the running. Yes they are playing a few weeks before Oxegen but since the dates are sold out MCD wont lose any money

Yeah, but bar the fact they in Spain/Portugal on Oxegen dates...I know they are good(actually amazingly great), but not enough to be in two places at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Mushy wrote: »
    Yeah, but bar the fact they in Spain/Portugal on Oxegen dates...I know they are good(actually amazingly great), but not enough to be in two places at once.
    Agreed,Unfortunately PJ will def not be there ,They Cant even Do the Sunday Night because theyd be on a Contract to play one of the Nights at T in the Park over that weekend aswell..Also it Rules Out any chance of Soundgarden cos Matt Cameron is playing with PJ till mid July at the Earliest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭I_luv_2_ski!

My fave line up for Oxegen would be
    (in no particular order)

Main Stage
    The Killers
    The Fratellis
    The Kooks
    Snow Patrol
    Fat Boy Slim
    Mika
    Green Day
    The coronas
    Razorlight
    The Sissor Sisters
    Daft Punk
    Aslan+
    Lady Gaga (with more clothes on)
    REM
    Paolo Nutini
    The Verve
    The Prodigy
    James Morrison
    The Blizzards

The O2
    Republic of Loose
    Chemical Brothers
    Manic Street Preachers
    Groove Armada
    Pendulum
    Florence and the machine
    Carolina Liar
    Fun Lovin' Criminals
    White Lies
    Scouting For Girls

The Green Room
    Mundy
    Saw Doctors
    Joe Mc Eldery (I'm sorry but i love him)
    Bell X1
    Counting Crows
    Bowling For Soup

The Dance Tent
    Calvin Harris (i think he was better in there in 08 then on stage in 09)
    too many DJs
    Boyz Noize
    Felix the house cat
    Deadmaus
    Digitalism
    David Guetta
    Mylo
    Justice

Dont mind so much about the other stages an i know most (if not all) of these have already played oxegen nut i still think there amazing and would go and see them again!

Agreed,Unfortunately PJ will def not be there ,They Cant even Do the Sunday Night because theyd be on a Contract to play one of the Nights at T in the Park over that weekend aswell..Also it Rules Out any chance of Soundgarden cos Matt Cameron is playing with PJ till mid July at the Earliest :(

Aw crap, I hadn't thought of that...
    Still, we may see an August date from Soundgarden. Picnic maybe? Can't say it's very likely though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

UFC for Oxegen 2010!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Jay P wrote: »
    Aw crap, I hadn't thought of that...
    Still, we may see an August date from Soundgarden. Picnic maybe? Can't say it's very likely though.
    Yeah first thing i thought of when heard of Soundgarden doing a Reunion Tour was them Headlining the O2 Stage at Oxegen in the slot NIN/Janes did last Year but reckon Them Crooked Vultures or My Chemical Romance or both are Nailed on for that slot this time. Hopefully with no PJ or Soundgarden they'll book Stone Temple Pilots or Alice in Chains with both touring this Summer.
    Sure we'll get a Soundgarden Gig here thou..Whether its a Small Olympia WarmUp for Reading/Leeds that sells out in a nanosecond or a Marley GrungeFest with STP and AIC (me dreaming again:p)we shall see very soon..announcement is 'Imminent' sign up here to hear it first http://www.soundgardenworld.com/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

well its up on the TITP web site that kasabian are gonna be 1 of the headliners..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Dexters16

the oxegen website has finally been updated now too for 2010 and ya can register to get updates so they must be working on a few announcements soon i hope....

Yeah first thing i thought of when heard of Soundgarden doing a Reunion Tour was them Headlining the O2 Stage at Oxegen in the slot NIN/Janes did last Year but reckon Them Crooked Vultures or My Chemical Romance or both are Nailed on for that slot this time. Hopefully with no PJ or Soundgarden they'll book Stone Temple Pilots or Alice in Chains with both touring this Summer.

That would make me consider going to Oxegen :eek: Sounds awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Leftfield, Chase & Status and Boys Noize have been added to RockNess 2010 festival in Scotland.
    http://www.rockness.co.uk/leftfield-chase-and-status-and-boys-noize-announced

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Misfit Mum

I'm really hopeful for Them Crooked Vultures and Stone Temple Pilots! Obsessed with both these bands and gutted can't go to Download! Also hoping for:
    The Dead Weather
    Hot Chip
    The XX
    Vampire Weekend
    Dinosaur Pile Up
    The Strokes
    Temper Trap
    Florence and the Machine
    The Magic Numbers
    Would also make my year if Eagles of Death Metal came back, but they won't! But have to add them as it is my wishlist!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

reckon they will be announcing the headliners very soon,was the end of Jan last year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Will be interesting to see who the headliners are alright.... also whether or not the likes of florence and the machinge (if they are playing) will be on the main stage, would prefere if they weren't as its generally better in the smaller stages but that said it would be packed.

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see who the headliners are alright.... also whether or not the likes of florence and the machinge (if they are playing) will be on the main stage, would prefere if they weren't as its generally better in the smaller stages but that said it would be packed.

I could see FATM playing The Green Room. Id say over the next week or 2 we should get an announcement since you can sign up for news updates on oxegen.ie

Advertisement