Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Is it not 1.9?

I've heard that the insurance lads hate that kinda stuff and thus venues/promoters are less likely to book such acts.
    No 1.9 is the one he did earlier in the set which is the original bloody beetroots version that goes "1...2... woop woop". Warp 1979 is steve aokis remix, it goes "1...2...3... mudafuka!!!" Its a much better version :p

But yeah thats annoying. Surely theyre told before hand if they jump over the barrier, then theyre at the own risk or whatever, but maybe theyre not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

nahh the origional version is much better than steve aokis remix . . . death crew 77 is a great remix

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

did anyone go see rise against? They are one of my favourite bands, love to know what they are like live?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Yeah the stage diving into the crowd was mad, im pretty sure I saw him fall into the crowd while he was crowd surfing and start jumping around but then get dragged out by the stewards. We were at the front barrier and could see him trying to get back in the crowd but the stewards wouldnt let him haha
    Why wont MCD be happy with him doing that? like will they not bring him back after that or something?

Good video here of the madness that is "warp 1979" at oxegen

I stupidly didn't go, I am a huge BB and Aoki fan, but I didn't go because I thought it wouldn't be good. I am actually so annoyed, one of my friends shook his hand and all, I am actually so pissed off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

The Prodigy - Smack my bitch up (part where everybody ducks)
    EPIC!

Boards.ie should seriously consider creating it's own forum for Oxegen.
    Right now everything is forced into one thread. Lost/Found, Meeting Up, Sharing Videos/Photos, Sharing Experiences, Reviews. No one get's anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

did anyone go see rise against? They are one of my favourite bands, love to know what they are like live?

Amazing! They were absolutely brilliant! had the crowd going mental and just had an awesome show! They're in my top 3!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

The Prodigy - Smack my bitch up (part where everybody ducks)
    EPIC!

Right now everything is forced into one thread. Lost/Found, Meeting Up, Sharing Videos/Photos, Sharing Experiences, Reviews. No one get's anywhere.

slipknots being doing that stuff for years . . check how they do it . . million times better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

never heard of em before but few of the lads brought me, they were good, the mosh was massive say there was a few sore areas after it haha

did anyone think paoulo nuitini was off his face? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CooliyoG

Lads that was my first oxegen and it was definitely one of the best experiences of my life. I mean Eminem was out of this world it really blew me away.

Does anyone know if there will be an oxegen DVD of some sort with like proper video quality as shown on the screen on the main stage? I really want to watch Eminem's performance again and the YouTube vids are great but I just wanna see the whole performance from start to finish. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Didn't see him but i did hear that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

The music was great. the campsite was like a zoo out of India or something. Blue B32 I think I was in? Fun fair going until 6am! and vuvuzelas going all night! :o never knew there could be so much mud in one place, I will never forget the experience though..

B and B or the Green Campsite for me next year :P Glad I stuck it out as lots of people I know bailed!

Saw lots of music, some people around us didnt leave their tents once? I mean whats the point!! Black Eyed Peas were brilliant, even though Will.i.am said hey to Dublin and to everyone in the "building!"

Did anyone here go to the High Kings? Unreal. One of the top highlights of the weekend for me :) Eminem was class aswell! Saw little bits of loads of bands so I was happy.. Tought Biffy Clyro seemed like they didnt want to be there or something.. good set but barley talked to the crowd.. maybe thats just them though, I had never seen them before! Anyone see the guy on Friday going around in the purple all in one lyrca suit thing? twas class!

Im so happy to be home, but looking back on it, it was a good weekend. No blue or red camping for me again though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I dunno if anyone else caught DJ Gordo & Church in the Dance Arena at 2pm on Saturday since there were only around 100 people in there. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised to see that DJ Church was actually Cian Healy!!! :D:D (classy rugby player for all of you non jocks) :L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I'm pretty sure Pure Pie has changed my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭baldbear

I found a camera on the sunday by the main stage during paulo nitini. I'm sure someone really wants it back as it's got a memory card with loads of pics. Think it may belong to someone from newry or who has taken pics there. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'd really like to reunite someone with their camera. :)

Tip, as a first picture on your camera have your name and phone number so if it is found by a sound person its handy to get it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Do oxegen sell a dvd of the festival and the artists performing??

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Met him before he played and he stunk of weed, Seemed spaced out too!

Vodkat wrote: »

No. It does seem to be filmed, but short of a few highlights on MTV a few weeks after, the footage never seems to be used anywhere. Mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Vodkat wrote: »

Never ever seen footage released from this festival, but keep in mind that BBC 2 are showing two hours of highlights from the T in the Park festival on Friday from 11.05 pm to 1.05 am, which will feature many of the same bands that played, so have yer dvr or sky plus handy to record it dude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

What about the other 11 months of the year when it will be dead?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

No. It does seem to be filmed, but short of a few highlights on MTV a few weeks after, the footage never seems to be used anywhere. Mystery.

Dont think it will be on MTV this year since there was not MTV logos on the Main Stage where the screens were

I presume the cameras were just there for the big screen feeds so. That's a pisser, I was looking forward to it. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

MCD should release a dvd of oxegen i think it would be a great seller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

smokin ace wrote: »
    MCD should release a dvd of oxegen i think it would be a great seller

There's probably all sorts of rights issues involved that would wind up making it cost a fortune to release - or else they'd be severely restricted as to what bands they could include.

It's a tricky one, because you can't really be sure what demand would be like for it, and how do you choose which bands and songs get the cut?

The US Coachella festival did one once - and I have to say, it was excellent - but I'm told it only just broke even. On the other hand one of the others - I think maybe Bonnaroo? - takes order and payment for the DVDs at the ticketbuying stage every year, so they know how many to make in advance. I think that could be workable.

I think it's a real shame it doesn't get better coverage, particularly if the footage exists. People say look to T in the Park, because that gets most of the same bill and far better media treatment, and that's fine. But a couple of the acts I really want to see again weren't at T and even if they were, I wasn't - it's a memento I want, as much as a recording of some bands I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

as regards paolo nuitini being off his face, he was the same at T in the park. i was in the pit waiting for stereophonics after him and it was obvious to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

There is audio clips on the 2FM website for Oxegen but mainly just the main stage stuff, you might have to listen to Dan Hegartys podcast or something like that to get the dance stuff. It is kinda ridiculous though the coverage any of Irelands music festivals get. The young people could make a stand and collectively refuse to pay the TV license until this is acknowledged its just organising it really. In an interesting note, Eminems management prevented BBC 3 from broadcasting any footage of his gig at T, it also looks rather suspicious that there is no audio stream for Eminems performance at Oxegen on the 2FM page.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Does anyone know what the deal was with the wristbands? Obviously they didnt make em that big incase an elephany had a ticket so i guess it was some kind of security feature? Talk about being awkward, id say a dew people lost em they seemed kinda flimsy?

I still have mine on, does anyone else? gonna see how long i can last with it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Keen2win

I found a camera on the sunday by the main stage during paulo nitini. I'm sure someone really wants it back as it's got a memory card with loads of pics. Think it may belong to someone from newry or who has taken pics there. Not sure if this is the right place to post this but i'd really like to reunite someone with their camera. :)

Contact Naas garda station, someone might have been in contact looking for it.

• Advertisement

Just saw a facebook status from a freind with cerebral palsey. She managed to wheelchair surf to the front of the pit at Eminem. Pit of Eminem people, you rock.

:D

Advertisement