Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Does anyone know what the deal was with the wristbands? Obviously they didnt make em that big incase an elephany had a ticket so i guess it was some kind of security feature? Talk about being awkward, id say a dew people lost em they seemed kinda flimsy?

I still have mine on, does anyone else? gonna see how long i can last with it:D

I was working on tickets and wristbands this year,they were woeful,I think they made them with the pins so that they couldnt be loosened but they forgot about the rest of it! The amount of them that we had to exchange as they were broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Rumor has it that there's a private audio recording of the full Eminem Oxegen show out there... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Just saw a facebook status from a freind with cerebral palsey. She managed to wheelchair surf to the front of the pit at Eminem. Pit of Eminem people, you rock.

:D

Ahh, that just made me smile!! Legend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Just saw a facebook status from a freind with cerebral palsey. She managed to wheelchair surf to the front of the pit at Eminem. Pit of Eminem people, you rock.

:D
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

callaway92 wrote: »
    Bloc Party are not together anymore...actually, did anyone catch Kele's set?? I missed him due to being at Kasabian (who were amazing)

have they actually broken up? i knew kele was out on his own now but i thought that was just in between a gap in albums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Tenks

have they actually broken up? i knew kele was out on his own now but i thought that was just in between a gap in albums?

I think it's just a Hiatus. Kele's officially said that his solo album is not the end of Bloc Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I wouldn't be holding my breath all the same, alas. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

Gillington wrote: »
    I was working on tickets and wristbands this year,they were woeful,I think they made them with the pins so that they couldnt be loosened but they forgot about the rest of it! The amount of them that we had to exchange as they were broken.

if your doing the same next year any chance of a free wrist band ha ha ha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

first time ever at oxegen and im 23..was pretty apprehensive and there was some problems..took 3 hours to find my tent on friday night in the rain i and then my wristband came loose on saturday..
    was stuck for 3 hours in the welfare tent trying to get back in..had to basically beg them.. but have to say overall i had a class time..all my friends wudnt be that into music(they went to the saw doctors sunday night enuf said) or were goin to bands i wasnt into so friday night went to arcade fire while every1 else went to guetta..cudnt believe there wasnt more people at it..thought they were amazing tho..
    saturday when i wasnt stuck outside went to the main stage for muse and kasabian..great night..also got a bit of ash after kasabian went down well!!...
    sunday was dragged along to a couple of acts..professor green was actually pretty good suprisingly a load of louth fans beside us getting texts during the leinster final also helped make it..went into example then pretty packed but good enough..sunday night went to prodigy..thought they were amazing..very poor crowd tho...i personally didnt see much trouble but there was alot of knackers there and at some points in the campsite there was a bad atmosphere..just read article in the daily mail today ur one gave the weekend a very bad write up..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Are MTV not covering it this year then? They did pretty god coverage of it last year. THey would usually show bit of sets form different artists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Doesn't look like it, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Someone mentioned a few days back that RTE were going to show highlights this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Anyone stay in a yurt with Tangerine Fields by any chance? Have one booked for Electric Picnic, just wondering what they are like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Someone mentioned a few days back that RTE were going to show highlights this year.

Hopefully they do, enjoyed the coverage we got last year. Those videos are much better than the ones you find on Youtube.

Here are some soundboard MP3 streams from Oxegen:

http://2fm.rte.ie/show/49

Careful: these will expire within 7 days (at least that's what the website says), so hurry if you want to listen to them.

If you prefer to download these MP3s, rather than just stream them, you can have a look here, since this is the location where all the streams are hosted:

http://www.addastudios.com/audio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

jibber5000 wrote: »
    first time ever at oxegen and im 23..was pretty apprehensive and there was some problems..took 3 hours to find my tent on friday night in the rain i and then my wristband came loose on saturday..
    was stuck for 3 hours in the welfare tent trying to get back in..had to basically beg them.. but have to say overall i had a class time..all my friends wudnt be that into music(they went to the saw doctors sunday night enuf said) or were goin to bands i wasnt into so friday night went to arcade fire while every1 else went to guetta..cudnt believe there wasnt more people at it..thought they were amazing tho..
    saturday when i wasnt stuck outside went to the main stage for muse and kasabian..great night..also got a bit of ash after kasabian went down well!!...
    sunday was dragged along to a couple of acts..professor green was actually pretty good suprisingly a load of louth fans beside us getting texts during the leinster final also helped make it..went into example then pretty packed but good enough..sunday night went to prodigy..thought they were amazing..very poor crowd tho...i personally didnt see much trouble but there was alot of knackers there and at some points in the campsite there was a bad atmosphere..just read article in the daily mail today ur one gave the weekend a very bad write up..

Do you have link to the Daily Mail story cannot find it through Google.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

The young people could make a stand and collectively refuse to pay the TV license until this is acknowledged its just organising it really.

There has been a history of people trying to make various points by not paying TV license fees and it has been generally unsuccessful. Someone got us TeaNag by doing it but that's about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Here are some soundboard MP3 streams from Oxegen:

http://2fm.rte.ie/show/49

Careful: these will expire within 7 days (at least that's what the website says), so hurry if you want to listen to them.

If you prefer to download these MP3s, rather than just stream them, you can have a look here, since this is the location where all the streams are hosted:

http://www.addastudios.com/audio

How do you download them though??

^ go to the addastudios page, then right-click the file you want and choose "save target as" or "save link as" or something similar depending on your browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Anyone have th David Guetta setlist? There is one song I am trying to find. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Anyone have th David Guetta setlist? There is one song I am trying to find. :(
    I was working the Green Sphere's stage the next morning and had to take down his desk, this was stuck to it.
    image0173g.jpg
    What a pro! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I was watching the highlights of T in The Park the other night on BBC. It's a pity that there isn't an equivalent on TV here. Mind you it was the same bands so all you have to do is imagine the rain!

The Main and second stages both had high end TV OB trucks feeding screens so they would have had the abilty to provide footage for a TV programme. The Green Spheres stage also had a camera unit. So no shortage of the means to produce a highlights TV programme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Think MTV got a bit pissed off last year when they weren't allowed show KOL, Blur or The Killers as part of their highlight package after advertising it!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

SantryRed wrote: »
    Think MTV got a bit pissed off last year when they weren't allowed show KOL, Blur or The Killers as part of their highlight package after advertising it!

They showed the Killers last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

SantryRed wrote: »

That would have been an artist decision ... they would have to have release forms from all artists recorded and the artist would still have a veto if they werem't happy with the footage or their own performance.

So, are the highlights gonna be on any station then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭chordtype

blue-army wrote: »
    So, are the highlights gonna be on any station then?

Unlikely. MTV had already started airing stuff at this time last year and they haven't updated the site since then. No advertising of it either so I don't think they'll be showing it.

chordtype wrote: »
    Unlikely. MTV had already started airing stuff at this time last year and they haven't updated the site since then. No advertising of it either so I don't think they'll be showing it.
    I heard RTE had the rights this year? Looking unlikely though at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

why would so many cameras be at it if it wasnt being filmed ???

Advertisement