Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

1676869707173»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I gave up after they showed Muse at the start. Fancy camera trickery is not what people want to see. The highlights package was put together by a moron.

Yea i thought some of the song selections were bad especially picking a Arcade Fire song that most people dont no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

So, no more highlights? What about Eminem, Jay-Z and Florence & The Machine???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Watching the footage makes me wonder where the masters are actually kept. i mean to my knowledge the main, vodafone hotpress and greenspheres all have at least 1 camera feed and i can't believe that over the years nothing ever leaked bar the odd soundboard recording.

For most stages the camera units (usually three cameras on small stage and more on the main stage) or shooting for "video reinforcement" i.e. what you see on the big screens. There's no recording made - it's all live to air or screen in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

BrianD wrote: »
    For most stages the camera units (usually three cameras on small stage and more on the main stage) or shooting for "video reinforcement" i.e. what you see on the big screens. There's no recording made - it's all live to air or screen in this case.
    That's a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Florence + The Machines full set is on Youtube:)

My personal favourites:D

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Florence + The Machines full set is on Youtube:)

My personal favourites:D

o2 ruined Cosmic Love for me, since I go to the cinema a lot :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

I remember being right up the front for Bell X1 and was Merrily Drunk and just happy out that the weather had finally cleared up after rain on Friday & Saturday. Good Times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Bell x1 were really fantastic, i was no fan until i saw them. Really really terrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There are a couple of bits of Arcade Fire's set on Youtube, expect a couple more over the next few days, and hopefully in better quality.

• Advertisement

Incidentally, those clips come from half an hour of their set shown on a US network. So the footage exists, the performance was great, and the only way the people who were actually at the show can see it is on an American TV station via Youtube.

In other news, I honestly cannot remember the last time there has been anything I wanted to watch on either RTE or TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

I dunno how im gonna survive till Oxegen 11 :D

seems so faaaaar away :( not sure whether to get a ticket like i did this year or try and bribe a steward

I think I'm all Oxegen'ed out. The lineup would have to be absolutely mindblowing to tempt me back, and I don't think it's going to be.

Fun while it lasted though, I mean I had some great times and all, but I just don't think I can justify the ticketprice for that crowd and that campsite anymore.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I think I'm all Oxegen'ed out. The lineup would have to be absolutely mindblowing to tempt me back, and I don't think it's going to be.

Fun while it lasted though, I mean I had some great times and all, but I just don't think I can justify the ticketprice for that crowd and that campsite anymore.

The only reason I don't think I would go again is that I don't think the line up and experience could beat last year. it was just amazing for me!

Same . Personally European festivals are the way to go

When are early birds due to go on sale this year? Or when did they go on sale last year?

Although the news is yet to be confirmed officially, Foo Fighters are rumoured to be headlining next year's T In The Park festival. An apparently "well placed source" let slip that the Balado, Kinross festival could feature in Dave Grohl and co's touring schedule, while also providing a handy reminder of who the band actually are - in case anyone had forgotten. "The Foos, as they are affectionately known, are massive," the source cannily explained, adding that "Dave and the lads" have enjoyed playing the Scottish festival in previous years. The source also revealed that Biffy Clyro could also headline the festival but, again, this is yet to be confirmed by organisers (Daily Record).

http://www.nme.com/news/daily-gossip/53590

Whenever there's band headlining and i'm like "err i suppose i should go see them cause there legendary and amazing live" There is always, always an amazing 4th stage headliner.

So this is good news, in a way. :)

Foo Fighters are grand live, yeah, but a bit too cookie-cutter rock. I wouldn't go out of my way to see them, but they're solid.

Anyway, yeah, don't get me wrong. I'm not going to be one of the old cranks who sits in a corner ranting about how much better Primavera is or how you're all FOOLS for spending your money in Punchestown or anything. Like I said, I had some brilliant times at Oxegen, and I don't regret ever going to it. I think it's great when you're early in your festival going career, and all your mates are going too; but at this stage, a lot of my friends have left their festival days behind, and I'm able to go a bit further afield to get a better experience now. The laugh-it-off novelty of having a tent robbed, or paying over the odds for such a dementedly scattershot lineup only goes so far.

So yeah, so long Oxegen. We just grew apart over the years. :D

What are the chances of Maiden?

JULY 2011

Jun 30 - Jul 3 Roskilde, DENMARK Roskilde Festival
    Fri 1 Gothenburg, SWEDEN Ullevi Stadium
    Wed 6 Oslo, NORWAY Telenor
    Fri 8 Helsinki, FINLAND Olympic Stadium
    Sun 10 St Petersburg, RUSSIA SKK Peterburgskiy

If they got Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden then it would be showing they are going back to the Rock Festival . Might also get a new customer base in with IM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JULY 2011

If they got Foo Fighters and Iron Maiden then it would be showing they are going back to the Rock Festival . Might also get a new customer base in with IM

Not a chance of Maiden i'm afraid. Just look at the dates, theres a few days off betwee neach gig. and i doubt they're gonna fly from Finland to Ireland, then to Russia from Ireland. Then again, Bruce will be doin all the flying ;).

Would be cool if they did play tho, would make up for all the pop / hip-hop of recent years

JULY 2011

:o I don't think so. Shame, cause it would be awesome.

They wouldn't be big enough to headline oxegen would they? I know they headline sonisphere and can do 2 nights at the 02 in london and all that. But they can't sell out the 02 in dublin.

They would be a great 2nd stage headliner or something.

AH yea i no they wouldnt play but it would be 1 of those out of nowhere bands to get announced. Also they wouldnt do 2nd stage headliners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

MCD would never book metal bands like Maiden for Oxegen. I'm guessing it makes more sense for them to segregate metal entirely in favour of alternative and indie acts since they can make more money that way. Unfortunately in Ireland we've only seen two large-scale festival-like metal-focused events in the last decade (Ozzfest and Download).

Though Oxegen has certainly gotten "rockier" than it was five years ago. I never would have imagined Rage Against the Machine as an Oxegen headliner during the Witnness days.

Having sold out 60,000 tickets in 20 minutes for their March tour, The Script have announced details of their very first stadium headline concert in their home city of Dublin at The Aviva Stadium on Saturday July 2nd.

Tickets for The Script Homecoming, priced from €44.20 inclusive of booking fee are on sale this Wednesday 10th November at 8.00am. Tickets are limited to eight per transaction, subject to license.

The Script broke Irish box office records in September selling out their Irish March tour dates in less than an hour, becoming the fastest selling live act in Ireland this year. The Dublin trio’s brand new album Science and Faith has taken both the Irish and UK album charts by storm shooting to the No 1 position and achieving platinum status in its first week of release.

The Script release new single Nothing is released on Friday 19th November.

Tickets are on sale next Wednesday, November 10th at 8am from the following outlets:

In person: from 100 Ticketmaster outlets nationwide
    24hr hotlines: Tel: ( ROI ) 0818 719 300/ ( NI ) 0844 277 4455
    Buy online: www.ticketmaster.ie

Count the Script out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

This year's event has run its course so I would ask that everyone move all discussion re: next year's Oxegen to this thread.

Advertisement