Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

vampire weekend would be class :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Daragh184

id love to see the chillis make a surprise comeback. their gig in pheonix park a couple of years ago was out of this world!!

not even s club 7 could beat it :p

i heard jedward might be on the main stage if that happens ill burn the stage down and p*ss on the ashes. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Anyone know if its sold out or if theres gonna be another bunch of tickets released?!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Nope def not Sold Out ,Theyve only Sold some Early bird Tickets..Heard theres an announcement at the end of next week and another in the first couple days of March..Definites :D Muse,Kasabian,Vampire Weekend,Stereophonics,Biffy Clyro..Very likely:) Arctic Monkeys,Florence,Them Crooked Vultures,My Chemical Romance,Editors,Crowded House,Faithless,Calvin Harris,Madness,Friendly Fires,Temper Trap,The XX,..I feckin Wish :cool:Limp Bizkit,RATM,Stone Temple Pilots,Alice in Chains:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I think this year they will really have to pull out the stops to get people to go. One think is def bring the prices down and more of a variety of acts , similar to Reading/Leeds

• Advertisement

I think this year they will really have to pull out the stops to get people to go. One think is def bring the prices down and more of a variety of acts , similar to Reading/Leeds
    Agreed,think MCD have become a bit predictable in their bookings for Oxegen in the last few years..the Headliners will generally have played O2 or RDS shows already in the previous year..When they release the lineup for Reading/Leeds theres always lots to make ya go :eek:WOOOAAAHH:eek: or Werchter this year with Pearl Jam,Green Day,Muse,Rammstein,Pink.Think they've got to get the Big Acts who havent played here for a few years-the Ones people would be excited to see instead of the Usual Suspects along with the 'Next Big Thing'. Of Course they have a budget like any other festival but were not exactly paying peanuts:D.

See Jay-Z is playing Isle of Wight a few weeks before so hes possible( a bit MEH for me) but Eminem would be GREAT Instead;)
    Will be interesting to see If that Green Day leak from couple months back happens..Can they do Marley AND Oxegen?? ..Anyone Know More:confused::pac:

greenday-rumour.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

See Jay-Z is playing Isle of Wight a few weeks before so hes possible( a bit MEH for me) but Eminem would be GREAT Instead;)
    Will be interesting to see If that Green Day leak from couple months back happens..Can they do Marley AND Oxegen?? ..Anyone Know More:confused::pac:

greenday-rumour.jpg

I posted that earlier today in the Slane board!

All I know is that in 2005 Green Day put on their site that they were playing in Oxegen, but then took it down, and only put it back up when it was announced...Green Day's official website have been "leaking" tour dates to fans for years and more often then not they turn out to be genuine

I posted that earlier today in the Slane board!

All I know is that in 2005 Green Day put on their site that they were playing in Oxegen, but then took it down, and only put it back up when it was announced...Green Day's official website have been "leaking" tour dates to fans for years and more often then not they turn out to be genuine
    Sorry For Robbing Your Grave:D
    Was just wondering cos saw that same poster couple months back on some Euro Festival Forum. Maybe MCD are/were banking on a quick Marley Sell Out going by them selling out the O2 in a few Hours and the amount of Awards they've won this year. So if there is any truth in it they will prob be one of the last Bands to be Confirmed like they did with The Killers last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭dicey1664

keeponrockin , what you mean by definites?

• Advertisement

dicey1664 wrote: »
    Could tell You but I'd have to kill You:p,Nah just heard from a Friend who works in Promotions in the UK so will Fix My Post to Definitely IMO till the Announcement is Made;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

dicey1664 wrote: »

In fairness, Oxegen is very predictable. Bands like Mumford & Sons, The Temper Trap and whatever band plays that song "Dominoes" or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭joekeville

the big pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Ok here goes, I would love:

the prodigy (seen them twice they are my favourite band ever)
    acen,
    the specials
    the stone roses
    madness
    primal scream
    happy mondays
    leftfield
    orbital
    underworld
    daft punk

Jay P wrote: »
    In fairness, Oxegen is very predictable. Bands like Mumford & Sons, The Temper Trap and whatever band plays that song "Dominoes" or whatever.
    Is it the odd year or the even year?..ahh the even year.. Sawdoctors wont be back on Main for another 12 months:p..Seen as its the wishlist will have to add Depeche Mode..Awesome LIVE:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jabbatheturk

muse, foo fighters, kaiser chiefs, florence and the machine, lily allen, mika, amy winehouse, biffy clyro, paramore, 30 seconds to mars, the saturdays, red hot chili peppers, snow patrol, black eyed peas, pink, one republic, the gossip, kate nash, katy perry, lady gaga, regina spektor, daniel merriweather, the noisettes, jason mraz, marina and the diamonds, paolo nutini, james morrison.... prob more but they are all i can think of... and the chances of getting even half of them are like impossible haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

On 27 November 2009, Kasabian announced their appearance at Oxegen 2010 at their show in Dublin's O2. Before leaving the stage at the end of the show, frontman Tom Meighan said, "See you at Oxegen." Kasabian have since been confirmed as headliners of Oxegen's sister festival, Scotland's T in the Park.

I reckon the other two might be Green Day and Them Crooked Vultures (or something containing Dave Ghrol)

On 27 November 2009, Kasabian announced their appearance at Oxegen 2010 at their show in Dublin's O2. Before leaving the stage at the end of the show, frontman Tom Meighan said, "See you at Oxegen." Kasabian have since been confirmed as headliners of Oxegen's sister festival, Scotland's T in the Park.

I reckon the other two might be Green Day and Them Crooked Vultures (or something containing Dave Ghrol)

Yea id say Kasabian are a def. TCV could play but wont headline and GD prob wont since they are doing Marley a few weeks before

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

friday night arctic monkeys
    saturday kasabian
    sunday muse

now that be some festival

• Advertisement

ricero wrote: »
    friday night arctic monkeys
    saturday kasabian
    sunday muse

now that be some festival

Lets hope there is something better on a different stage

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Thin Lizzy
    Daft Punk
    Muse
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
    Queens Of The Stone Age
    System Of A Down
    Rage Against The Machine
    Prince
    Deftones
    Mastodon
    Metallica
    The Prodigy
    Michael Jackson
    The Dubliners
    DJ Shadow
    Vitalic
    Interpol
    The Chemical Brothers
    Will Haven
    Stevie Wonder
    The Fugees
    Outkast
    Bee Gees
    Cliff Richard

Lets hope there is something better on a different stage

yea i agree with ya a bit arctic monkeys can be very hit or miss but id expect them to pull out all the stops at a big festival. if not them then a classic band like the who or i would love to see liam gallaghars new band at oxegen

yea i agree with ya a bit arctic monkeys can be very hit or miss but id expect them to pull out all the stops at a big festival. if not them then a classic band like the who or i would love to see liam gallaghars new band at oxegen

After going by reviews of there Reading/Leeds set they were pretty boring. Never really got into them

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Houlilala

Their Reading/Leeds set wasn't great i thought. They didn't play Fake Tales and Florecent Adolescent was underwhelming. I prefer Alex Turner : the cheeky chappy to Alex Turner : The Brooding Poet

yea i saw them in the o2 and i just got the feeling that turner was just half arsed about the whole gig. does anyone know when the first act will be announced ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The Strokes wont be at oxegen anyways cos they've announced that the only shows they'll be playing is the isle of white and rock ness...

1st announcement is due on the 23rd of this month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steve.92

Jordonvito wrote: »
    I know its a bit early, but who are ye all hoping for next year.? Hopefully Artic Monkeys, Muse, and then someone like Daft Punk or Fatboy slim, cant be Killers or KOL again!
    muse (hopefully) kings of leon (almost a guarantee at this stage) temper trap, florence and the machine, bloc party, hot chip, crystal castles, pendulum (EPIC last year), prodigy, mstrcrft, deadmau5 and SUEDE HALOOO!! WOO

• Advertisement

Steve.92 wrote: »
    muse (hopefully) kings of leon (almost a guarantee at this stage) temper trap, florence and the machine, bloc party, hot chip, crystal castles, pendulum (EPIC last year), prodigy, mstrcrft, deadmau5 and SUEDE HALOOO!! WOO

Bloc Party are taking a break , dont see KOL doing this year same with Prodigy. All the rest are possibilities

Advertisement