Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oxegen 2010 All discussion, no tickets sales/swaps. **Mod note post 1927**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Placebo, Interpol, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party...

Know some of those are unlikely, but that'd be a sweet line-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

would love to see florence and the machine there..and maybe some big suprise..like RATM in 08..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭claireblossom

Hotaru wrote: »
    Placebo, Interpol, The Strokes, Arcade Fire, Bloc Party...

Know some of those are unlikely, but that'd be a sweet line-up.

Placebo are a good geuss, they've already got some festivals confirmed, if they did, 3rd/2nd highest on the o2 stage or headlining the biggest tent(forget what its called)
    but then again, they are my fave band, so It may be just my wishful thinking:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Would love to see Placebo again. Yea i think they would be class in the Green Room. Strokes are only doing Rockness and IOW , Bloc Party are on a break , Interpol and Arcade Fire are possibilties

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

Would love to see Placebo again. Yea i think they would be class in the Green Room. Strokes are only doing Rockness and IOW , Bloc Party are on a break , Interpol and Arcade Fire are possibilties
    Cant believe we wont have The Strokes thats made my mind up , unless the other acts are unreal I wont be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

eminem without a doubth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

I would love to see Bowie, but I'd be happy with

Ian Brown
    Blur
    led Zep:D
    AIC
    PJ
    AC/DC
    Coldplay
    and bob marley

Found this on "On The Record"
    Speaking of gigs and the summer, let’s share the contents of an interesting text from one of our many industry sources who is usually on the money: “Oxegen 2010 - Muse, Faithless, Arcade Fire, Florence & The Machine, Eminem“. As this is speculation, the usual OTR health warning applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

florence and the machine.
    deadmau5
    mumford and sons
    passion pit
    summer camp
    vampire weekend
    sawdoctors (dont judge unless you've been to their concerts!!!)
    bon iver
    interpol
    imogen heap
    stars
    the shins
    mgmt
    white lies
    the boss!!!!!
    friendly fires
    foals

no muse or kasabian for me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

emememem wrote: »
    florence and the machine.
    deadmau5
    mumford and sons
    passion pit
    summer camp
    vampire weekend
    sawdoctors (dont judge unless you've been to their concerts!!!)
    bon iver
    interpol
    imogen heap
    stars
    the shins
    mgmt
    white lies
    the boss!!!!!
    friendly fires
    foals

no muse or kasabian for me!!

well if thats ur opinion of a good festival you can count me out and about a other 20,000 nobody would pay over 200 squid for half of those acts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

ricero wrote: »
    well if thats ur opinion of a good festival you can count me out and about a other 20,000 nobody would pay over 200 squid for half of those acts
    The majority of those acts have played Oxegen at some stage, and at least half of them last year. His list is hardly comprehensive and there's plenty of room there for the more mainstream acts (though the ones mentioned aren't exactly obscure).

• Registered Users Posts: 36 emememem

thanks pace2008!! you're right most of them have played, except bon iver, imogen heap and stars maybe...

well ricero they're just who i want to play. you can have your mainstream stuff on the main stage like they always are.
    i think a lot of people would pay 200 squids to see the boss!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Found this on "On The Record"
    Think that could Easily Happen.. Eminem is strongly tipped to play Wireless Festival in London the Weekend Before Oxegen..They had a Big Announcement this Morning which turned out to be Jay-Z but still more Headliners to be announced there..Be major Surprised If we dont get One or the Other..Prob too Much to ask for Both :)

Come to think of it Oxegen could get Eminem and Slane gets Jay Z???

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Come to think of it Oxegen could get Eminem and Slane gets Jay Z???
    Cant see It..If ya mention the words "American Rapper" to Lord Henry after the last Eminem Fiasco he'd prob Run out his front Door,down the hill and Into the River:D
    Reckon If Eminem doesnt do Oxegen he'll do the O2 and Jay-Zzzzz will play Instead:)

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say MCD/Eminem would be a tough one, because of what happened before. afaik, MCD lost millions for that.

I think they even sued him , could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

The eminem no-show aside, i reckon they still wouldnt be having him in slane. They'll be keen to avoid another knackerfest like last year.

It'll be a gig for an older crowd.

I'm still fingers crossed for the big one.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Scien wrote: »
    Muse fair enough, but Faithless & Eminem???

God I hope not. Sounds like a lineup from 2003.

Ye i agree. I wouldnt be to bothered about Faithless or Eminem. Missing Friday so hopefully if they are playing on that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

i dont mind emienem but like oxegen is rock and roll lets keep it that way. look at glasto when they got jay z they didnt even sell out and most rap fans are tossers. lets keep its rock and roll memba the game last year he didnt even show up ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

My list would be

-Daft Punk
    -Muse
    -Muse
    -Greenday
    -Blink 182
    -Foo Fighters
    -QOTSA
    -Kings of Leon

Something like that... seriously can't wait till tickets go on sale next month :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

The amount of people saying Kings of Leon is...weird...for want of a better word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Jay P wrote: »
    The amount of people saying Kings of Leon is...weird...for want of a better word.

I love Kings of Leon but they've played quite a few times now, wouldn't mind some different headliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

No more Kings of Leon! They need to spend some time writing a decent album and then tour with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

ricero wrote: »
    i dont mind emienem but like oxegen is rock and roll lets keep it that way.

Rock and roll my arse. Oxegen caters to most types of music every year.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Rock and roll my arse. Oxegen caters to most types of music every year.

True then they should stop calling it "Europe's favourite Rock n Roll Festival"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,684 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

it's full of mainstream s*** nowadays.
    if it was rock and roll you wouldn't get knackers going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

True then they should stop calling it "Europe's favourite Rock n Roll Festival"

They can call it all they want. If it was up to me i'd call it Knackfest

Found this on wiki so as usual it could be all made up which it usually is
    The official date for announcements is Tuesday 23rd February 2010. But early reports from media sources late Monday night (15th February 2010) say that the following acts are as good as confirmed for the Festival: Kasabian, The Strokes, Jay-Z, Daft Punk, P!nk, Black Eyed Peas, Muse, Florence & The Machine, Seasick Steve and 30 Seconds to Mars.

I do think a good few are prob gonna play , if Pink does play she will prob be one of the last announcements since she is doing the outdoor shows here during the summer. 30STM (if they play) wont be announced on the 23rd since they are playing the O2 friday week and it isnt sold out. Rest seem probable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Muumu

So is it definitely the 23rd they're releasing the dates?? At this stage the suspense is killing me!!!!!! :p

Advertisement