Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chroma Key/ Opacity /Layers Trouble

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd have a go at some chroma key effects today using a green suit but I'v hit a wall.

I'm using Premiere Pro , which I only know the basics of, and I cant seem to get my two layers of video to play over each other.

I'v messed around with the opacity settings for both clips but all I seem to be able to get is both layers with a kind of ghost effect or just one layer playing.

As I said I dont know too much about PPs effects so it could just be something simple but if anyone could point me in the right direction it woud be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

It sounds as if you're just adjusting the opacity of the overall layer. On the layer with the green suit apply a chroma keying plugin (also make sure this layer is on top), then from within the plugin's controls you can use the colour selector to choose the exact shade of green your suit is and refine the options for best results.

Heres a quick video on youtube that will go through the process, its surprisingly easy to do, not so easy to do well but this will get you off to a start anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvyxqK5g1yw

Advertisement