Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm voting 'no' for one reason only...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Ireland voting no is the equivalent of a bum throwing his bowl of soup at the staff down the soup kitchen. Sure he is pissed off cos his life sucks right now, but clearly he aint thought it through, imagine how bad it'll be when he's got no soup at all... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Keewee6

no its not - that is rubbish - ill vote no :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

the_syco wrote: »
    Vote no, and you'll still be stuck with them.

too true,even if all the no sides theories on being ruled by unelected elites who didn't care about us etc were to be realised(and they won't cause they're fibs), it would probably still be better than the governance we are able to provide ourselves.
    Is it possible to screw up a country more than we have ouselves?
    Like,does anyone really believe that we can govern ourselves out of this mess?

voting yes is like the bully in the playground twisting someone's arm behind thier back until they agree with them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Keewee6 wrote: »
    voting yes is like the bully in the playground twisting someone's arm behind thier back until they agree with them
    so sad that you believe that when in reality that's whats being done to you.Crazy world eh?

• Advertisement

baaaa wrote: »
    so sad that you believe that when in reality that's whats being done to you.Crazy world eh?

your user name says alot bout wat u believe

no its not - that is rubbish - ill vote no :D

It's your right to vote however ya choose keeweeman, I will just assume your doing it for the right reasons as you see them. If it's intended to be a reactionary vote against the government then you have made an error in judgement. But fear not, there is time!!

Your No will negate my Yes, or vice versa, but thankfully there are enough sane people who will vote for it and we can move on. I predicted a yes result the last time too btw!!

On a slightly unrelated matter the sooner we see the back of the Green Party the better, and I don't mean just from the government but from the Irish political landscape entirely.

It's your right to vote however ya choose keeweeman, I will just assume your doing it for the right reasons as you see them. If it's intended to be a reactionary vote against the government then you have made an error in judgement. But fear not, there is time!!

Your No will negate my Yes, or vice versa, but thankfully there are enough sane people who will vote for it and we can move on. I predicted a yes result the last time too btw!!

On a slightly unrelated matter the sooner we see the back of the Green Party the better, and I don't mean just from the government but from the Irish political landscape entirely.

it has nothing to do with the gov - i dont believe that if there is no vote the gov will falll however i will vote no

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

baaaa wrote: »

There is pushing going on from all sides, there's no doubt about that. However I'm still waiting to hear who from the Yes side is bullying anyone and considering that the No side are telling one porky after the next I find your attitude funny.

it has nothing to do with the gov - i dont believe that if there is no vote the gov will falll however i will vote no

May I enquire why then? Maybe you know something I don't....

• Advertisement

May I enquire why then? Maybe you know something I don't....

it was already rejected

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

it was already rejected

Why?

Why?

doesnt matter - it was rejected

it was already rejected

So you don't then. It was rejected out of fear, uncertainty, and a poorly conducted Yes campaign. The nay sayers with their talk of conscription and abortion had their day too. Oh and Cowan admitting he had not read it didn't help much either, despite what he may have you believe. It'll be a different story this time round.

So you don't then. It was rejected out of fear, uncertainty, and a poorly conducted Yes campaign. The nay sayers with their talk of conscription and abortion had their day too. Oh and Cowan admitting he had not read it didn't help much either, despite what he may have you believe. It'll be a different story this time round.

it was still rejected

no they disagreed with the treaty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Lads don't bother trying to debate with him. You won't get more than a 1 line answer that has little to do with the original question and instead lets us know how much of a strong minded individual Keewee is. He's gotten enough attention already.

notin wrong with being strong minded - proud of that

Dinner wrote: »
    Lads don't bother trying to debate with him. You won't get more than a 1 line answer that has little to do with the original question and instead lets us know how much of a strong minded individual Keewee is. He's gotten enough attention already.

Yeah, I'm done, the words head banging and brick wall come to mind.

doesnt matter - it was rejected

It very much does matter if you are going to secure a better deal.

So again, why was it rejected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The funny thing is that we did secure a better deal in that we now get to keep our commissioner but because that deal didn't require a change to the text of the treaty it's irrelevant and it's undemocratic to ask us to vote on this better deal :rolleyes:

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    The funny thing is that we did secure a better deal in that we now get to keep our commissioner but because that deal didn't require a change to the text of the treaty it's irrelevant and it's undemocratic to ask us to vote on this better deal :rolleyes:

You got where I was going on the express train there Sam, I was taking it nice and slowly for Keewee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

no they disagreed with the treaty

Yawn... they voted no because they didn't know what was in the treaty, or for reasons that were not in the treaty at all or for something the EU was happy to address.

yawn.

yawn yawn bore bore zzzzzzzzz -yea so the treaty should open renegotiated then it should be run in all countries as all countries are part of the treaty and revoted on

You got where I was going on the express train there Sam, I was taking it nice and slowly for Keewee :)

zzzzzzzzzzzzz -**** sorry fell asleep :)

yawn yawn bore bore zzzzzzzzz -yea so the treaty should open renegotiated then it should be run in all countries as all countries are part of the treaty and revoted on

What if any changes or clarifications didn't require a change to the actual treaty text?

It would be very easy to figure out if they did or not, if you could tell me the reasons we voted 'No' in the first referendum. Can you?

What if any changes or clarifications didn't require a change to the actual treaty text?

It would be very easy to figure out if they did or not, if you could tell me the reasons we voted 'No' in the first referendum. Can you?

there would be no changes that wouldnt require re ratification - any change re ratification

there would be no changes that wouldnt require re ratification - any change re ratification

Read the question again, and try to answer it this time...

Plotician wrote: »
    I'm tired of public representatives who are supposed to act in the interests of the people but fail to provide the full picture.

Give me the facts and i'll make a balanced and educated choice based on that information. Give me the positives AND the negatives and don't be afraid to do so. Try to influence me with biased arguments and your own agenda then you'll get a protest vote.

A protest at what...?

A protest at a political system that endemically serves it's own purpose.
    A protest at a political system that fails to fully inform the electorate.
    A protest at a political system that is rife with internal agendas.
    A protest at a political system that puts power before people.

Learn to trust me with the facts, and you'll get my trust in return. Until then any little act that helps provoke some self-examination is far more appealing.

And for those who say that's naieve and a 'no' for the wrong reasons - i don't care. There's a bigger picture here - it's called the true preservation of democracy.

(Guess i'm just tired of all the shyte!)

i can't believe you have the same voting rights as intelligent people.. it sickens me to think that your opinion is counted as equal to someone who votes with some legitimate reason behind their vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

Keewee6 - welcome to my ignore list. I hear its quite lovely this time year.

Advertisement