Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm voting 'no' for one reason only...

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

ei.sdraob wrote: »
    A Chara,

I am asking you to vote NO in the referendum on the Treaty of Nice on June 7th because I believe that this Treaty paves the way for the creation of a new superpower, an EU Superstate with its own army dominated by the largest countries.

Sinn Fein want to be part of a people's Europe where the aim of policy and the goals of it's institutions are to improve the quality of life of all in terms of access to: housing, health services, education and employment; that guarantees an adequate standard of living.

We want to see a Europe defending our democratic rights not eroding them. We want a Europe that will act collectively to promote equality. We want to see a Europe that will tackle racism and act decisively to protect and enhance our environment on an EU level.

We want to be part of a Europe run democratically from the bottom to the top, not the reverse which is the case today.

We want to expand Ireland's role in international affairs through positive neutrality in action. Sinn Fein believes there is no role for the European Union in military and defence matters. These should be left up to the individual states. International peacekeeping should be under the auspices of the United Nations.

Voting No to Nice offers a chance to emphasise the positive alternatives to the economic and political union strategy such as building a Europe of equals where all states regardless of their wealth, their population or strength of armies would have an equal say in planning a path to work together.

Vote NO to Nice on June 7th.

Is mise,

Gerry Adams MP

Wow that many... oh wait... none.

Aren't they saying pretty much the exact same things now too?

Advertisement