Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freestyle Basketball/Streetball?

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey guys is there anyone in ireland who does Freestyle or Streetball?
    And by streetball i dont mean that "streetball" movement from a few years back, where it was just normal basketball in indoor courts..
    Im talkin real streetball, AND1 style....
    Hope i get some replies!
    peaceeeeez

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Streetball doesnt really exist properly in ireland.. i dont think.. you get some of it up in mount joy square but thats not really anything special to be honest! anyone that can play bball doesnt tend to spent time playing streetball! and there is the lack of decent outdoor courts..

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭madmandaniel

nialo wrote: »
    Streetball doesnt really exist properly in ireland.. i dont think.. you get some of it up in mount joy square but thats not really anything special to be honest! anyone that can play bball doesnt tend to spent time playing streetball! and there is the lack of decent outdoor courts..

ahh yeah i see.. well tbh i dont think decent courts are needed...
    anyway i kind of doubted that anyone in Ireland is into streetball or freestyle, we dont really have much of an urban culture here ya know.. :(
    When you say that anyone who can play bball doesnt tend to play streetball why is that? do they prefer the "normal" basketball?
    Cheers man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah basketball is preferred here in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

When you say that anyone who can play bball doesnt tend to play streetball why is that? do they prefer the "normal" basketball?

if you can play, your mostlikely on a team somewhere. its not a huge sport in ireland so there is plenty of teams to play with.. its not a case where you wont make a team, therefore playing streetball isnt really neccessary.. plus its rains to much to play outdoors!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭madmandaniel

nialo wrote: »
    if you can play, your mostlikely on a team somewhere. its not a huge sport in ireland so there is plenty of teams to play with.. its not a case where you wont make a team, therefore playing streetball isnt really neccessary.. plus its rains to much to play outdoors!

Oh ok I see now... Its a bit sad that people dont just want to play streetball of their own volition, its so much more fun than playing indoors with real ref and rules etc...
    summer day, bit of music, nuthin better ! :D
    maybe in the future it might catch on with the global warming

• Advertisement
Advertisement