Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Industrial Wage

Options
  • 11-09-2009 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

I remember hearing 2 or possible 3 years ago that the average industrial wage at the time was around €35,000.

My question is what would it be now? Surely that figure must have dropped.

Another question is im on €26,000 net per year. Does anyone know what that would be before tax? Due to the nature of my job theres no payslip as such, just a cheque at the end of the week and id be curious to know where i stand.

Any info would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

I think there are 2 national average figures.
    1) for the workers excluding management grades
    2) For all workers in the state including managerial/executive.

I could be a little off but I think the average is: €33,000 / €38,000 respectively.

Your legaly required to have a payslip so I dont know what "by the nature of your work" means?
    Are you paying tax?

if you are I reckon your gross is €31k pa.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I get a feeling it is money under the table set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭mullingar

http://www.taxcalc.eu/

€40k basic, assuming your single and have standard tax credits, etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

No im defo paying tax, not cash under the table at all.
    I just get a cheque at the end of the week, thats it!
    Wasnt aware payslip was required by law, might ask employer about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

The usual reason for employers to withhold payslips is that they are withholding tax/PRSI

• Advertisement

The best way to prove that you are being taxed/PRSI'd correctly is to get in touch with the revenue www.revenue.ie to enquire about your tax-credits and ask how much tax was paid etc (or look at your P60).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

I remember hearing 2 or possible 3 years ago that the average industrial wage at the time was around €35,000.

Another question is im on €26,000 net per year. Does anyone know what that would be before tax? Due to the nature of my job theres no payslip as such, just a cheque at the end of the week and id be curious to know where i stand.

If your single (and assuming no BIK's etc) you are probably on 32k gross but hard to tell from the limited info

By law you are entitled to a pay slip every week/month, you really should demand it as it is needed for mortgage applications etc. Even for peace of mind i think you should demand one

To just add to this it is also vitally important that you can see that you are paying the correct tax and PRSI from your wage slip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

mullingar wrote: »
    http://www.taxcalc.eu/

€40k basic, assuming your single and have standard tax credits, etc etc

40k gives a take home of 2596 times 12 is 31k, i think he said he took home 26k.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭who what when

Tipp Man wrote: »
    If your single (and assuming no BIK's etc) you are probably on 32k gross but hard to tell from the limited info

By law you are entitled to a pay slip every week/month, you really should demand it as it is needed for mortgage applications etc. Even for peace of mind i think you should demand one

To just add to this it is also vitally important that you can see that you are paying the correct tax and PRSI from your wage slip

Hmm youre making me worried now. Must check it out. Although im pretty sure i do pay the required amount of tax because i was put on 3 days a week for a few months a while back and i got job seekers benefit (not allowance) which i wouldnt have been entitled to if i didnt pay any tax.
    Well as far as i know which tbh isnt far. Matters of taxation go over my head!

Anyway thanks all for your comments and advice

Tipp Man wrote: »
    40k gives a take home of 2596 times 12 is 31k, i think he said he took home 26k.

OOps, silly me.

You are right. I must have read he took home 2,600/month not 26,000/yr, :o

€2,600/month would be 40k, but 26k/12 = 2166/month = basic €32k!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

Does your employer pay your PRSI?
    If he does you'd be on about 36k a year after the levy2%, income tax and PRSI.

Advertisement