Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor & top up via AIB online

Options
  • 11-09-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just wondering what is the longest people have had to wait to get their credit from meteor via the AIB top up online system? (since SEPT 09) I toped up by €20 on 11th Sept @ 11:30am and its now 1:40pm and still haven’t received any credit or notification of anything!!! I rang meteors 1905 and after 45min of waiting I got through to a lovely girl who said "it should be through in the afternoon and that it was AIB's fault" (of course they'd say that!). so I am expected to wait . . . . . . . :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Since they have upgraded their system loads of services have been unavailable!!! like the text bundle balance service, when you text "info" to 50104 to get the balance of remaining texts, you get a response of "this service is unavailable". I rang up about that as well and all the person on the phone could tell me that it was down & did I want to know the balance now?? Which is totally stupid as I had to wait (again) 40/50 to get through to speak to someone. Am I meant to do that every day or so to find out my balance???? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have no faith in Meteor at all, I feel for the people that are just there to answer calls and have nothing to do with technical issues. It’s the people that make the technical decisions/implementations that I am mad with! Why roll over to a new service before it is ready if it will interfere with the running of things for the day to day customer??? Or at least inform customers via text etc that there are technical issues and it would be better to use an alternative method to top up in the mean time!
    surely that would make since and leave customers having faith in meteor by being told this!!!!! Never had problems such as this when I was with vodafone
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Try sending 'My texts' to 50104. That should be working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hel_nina

thanks chrislad :) that would prob work but my text bundle has expired by now so when I did that I got a reply "Sorry. Your message was not recognised. Please see www.meteor.ie for more information" . (obviously as I am not availing of that service at the moment). But when I GET my credit I can sign up for a text bundle then and try it :). What is annoying is that a customer such as yourself is able to tell me that but when I ring up customer service they say that the system is down and offer me no alternative to find out this information or advise me of any new services such as "my texts" that will be available in the future :mad:

<still waiting on my €20 top up to be activated . . . . 3hours 40min later>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the_cat_is_back

Did you get this sorted? Just wondering because I have the same problem now, only it's AIB and Vodafone. Topped up by 20 euro yesterday and it still hasn't come through. I've been topping up through my AIB online banking for years now and this is the first problem I've had. Really don't want to waste money calling both parties :mad: Who would be best to contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hel_nina

Ya I finally got my credit at like 5pm that evening. I contacted meteor on their free phone number and was waiting for 30/45 min each time and they said it was AIB's problem. Rang AIB customer care and got through straight away and they said that they were having a problem with meteor. They said that the top up had been issued on their side but there was a back log on meteors side to process the details and because of this problem meteor had suspended online top ups for a couple of hours (thanks for telling the customer like!)

So I got back on to meteor (another 30-45min wait). I said to the person answering the call that I wasn’t happy with this service and that I had been waiting hours to receive credit in order to make a few important calls and I wanted to speak to a manager in relation to some sort of compensation. He put me on hold for 5min and came back and said that the manager could apply €10 call credit to my account now for me to make the calls in the mean time. I also left a message on their twitter page with a link to this complaint and they replied saying sorry to hear customers were having this problem and that they are looking in to it.

My advice would be to contact AIB just to make sure that the money went through, I know you can look on the website but to be 100% sure. Then contact vodafone on their free phone number and complain how this is such a bad service and demand compensation like I did. In fairness it is such a joke, if their system isn’t equipped to deal with the number of people requesting credit online then they should provide the service, or at least advise customers of delay. I was so annoyed at meteor because I could have walked to the shop 100 times over and had the credit.

I hope you get sorted soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭the_cat_is_back

hel_nina wrote: »
    Ya I finally got my credit at like 5pm that evening. I contacted meteor on their free phone number and was waiting for 30/45 min each time and they said it was AIB's problem. Rang AIB customer care and got through straight away and they said that they were having a problem with meteor. They said that the top up had been issued on their side but there was a back log on meteors side to process the details and because of this problem meteor had suspended online top ups for a couple of hours (thanks for telling the customer like!)

So I got back on to meteor (another 30-45min wait). I said to the person answering the call that I wasn’t happy with this service and that I had been waiting hours to receive credit in order to make a few important calls and I wanted to speak to a manager in relation to some sort of compensation. He put me on hold for 5min and came back and said that the manager could apply €10 call credit to my account now for me to make the calls in the mean time. I also left a message on their twitter page with a link to this complaint and they replied saying sorry to hear customers were having this problem and that they are looking in to it.

My advice would be to contact AIB just to make sure that the money went through, I know you can look on the website but to be 100% sure. Then contact vodafone on their free phone number and complain how this is such a bad service and demand compensation like I did. In fairness it is such a joke, if their system isn’t equipped to deal with the number of people requesting credit online then they should provide the service, or at least advise customers of delay. I was so annoyed at meteor because I could have walked to the shop 100 times over and had the credit.

I hope you get sorted soon :)

Thanks. I got it! Rang vodafone and was lucky to get through to a very helpful member of staff. He said he'd contact AIB for me and get it sorted, which he did and I got the credit the next day. Phew...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

My wife topped up by ATM yesterday in Oranmore, Galway. The transaction went through ok and she got the acknowledgement slip to say the same.

The account did not top up. She contacted Meteor yesterday and they said that in order for the money to be credited she would need to send in a bank statement with the transaction on it. My wife couldn't believe it and asked if it was acceptable to send in the acknowledgement slip instead. Initially they no and that the bank statement was the only thing they accept. After some brief exchanges they eventually accepted that the slip could be used instead of the bank statement.

They also checked and found that there was a general problem with people topping up through AIB machines yesterday for an "amount of time".

Just thought I'd let you all know.

Advertisement