Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick on a sunny day

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

lockman wrote: »
    Have a look at these photos, courtesy of Bock The Robber:

http://bocktherobber.com/2009/09/limerick-pictures-this-is-where-we-live

The OP might enjoy them.

Some amazing photo's there ! Our city really can look beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Very nice pictures. Why are you called Bock?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

See? You'd never find that sort of thing in Dublin, would you? Or Cork. Or Galway.

No skobes there. No crime either.

Reason? No locals with a sense of inferiority who want to knock their home town on the tinkernet.

Lads, get a grip. It's our town, not theirs. Why focus on the worthless knackers?

Get out there and make out town better if you have anything to contribute, instead of phuqqing whinging about how schitt it is. Or else phuq off to Dublin or Cork or Galway where it's so phuqqing great and where they have no skobes at all at all at all. If you think the Arthurs Quay park is bad, check out the Liffey boardwalk in Dublin for a classy afternoon walk.

Wait till you see how phuqqing great Waterford is, and Athlone. And Sligo.

Come on. This is your town, unless you happen to be a student who never heard of Poor Man's Kilkee and refers to it as a "little pier thing".

Don't obsess about the mutant classes. They're a nuisance but they're not our people and they don't own our town.

Tell that to the bunch of 15 heads that are sitting across from my house for the last two hours with two cars with them, revving the engines and eyeballing anything that moves, including checking door handles on local parked cars. Relocation due to the regeneration is a great thing, just lets the scum into other spots.

Roxboro Gardai were rang at 21:30 and as usual no sign.

As for Limerick on a sunny day? There are some great spots in the county that look great and are very relaxing during fine weather, plus there are places in Clare like Killaloe that are great on a sunny day all within a short drive away.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Bock the Robber

That's appalling. I know.

The police are not doing their job, but what's the alternative?

Do we just sink into depression and let the mutants win?

If we accept that, we might as well just slit our wrists now, so let's decide.

Are we defeated?

If we are, let's hold up the flag of surrender and be quiet.

Otherwise, let's have some pride in ourselves and fight these gobsheites any way we can find.

Boards.ie has an irritating little thing that changes the words you type. You can't say shyte or it will turn it into ****, and you can't say phuq or you'll get ****.

Why?

Are Americans watching?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Are we defeated?

Otherwise, let's have some pride in ourselves and fight these gobsheites any way we can find.

You're missing the point here. This thread is about people showing some pride in their city. The scenery in Limerick is spectacular, and this just happened to be highlighted over the weekend by the great weather we've been having. I could have spent 4 days walking up and down the Shannon enjoying the views and being happy with where I live, if that was what I wanted to do.

It just so happens that a certain element of our local population (similar, as you pointed out, to other such elements in other population centres) can have a negative effect on one's experience of Limerick, whatever the weather. This can range from mildly obnoxious behaviour on one level to serious organised crime on the other end of the scale.

Let me ask you this: if someone you knew brought up this topic when chatting in a bar or sitting on a couch at home, would you react so vociferously with your instruction to get up and do something about it? Honestly?
    We're just trying to have a chat here. At least afford us the courtesy of letting us enjoy this discussion.

Note

Boards.ie has an irritating little thing that changes the words you type. You can't say shyte or it will turn it into ****, and you can't say phuq or you'll get ****.

Why?

Are Americans watching?

If you're not able to contribute to a civilised discussion without resorting to abusive language, then perhaps Boards is not the right place for you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Liam79

Are we defeated?

Why?

Are Americans watching?

I must say I find your postings quite ironic, give your name....:rolleyes:
    An File...spot on mate :)

If it is the same Bock The Robber as has the website/blog of that name, then I have to say I get great entertainment from his site.

The Pc World selling him a not so good pc is a classic bit of reading :D

An File wrote: »
    If you're not able to contribute to a civilised discussion without resorting to abusive language, then perhaps Boards is not the right place for you?

One man's abusive language is another man's passion.

Liam79 put up an optimistic post and he was immediately inundated with a wave of negativity.

It's very hard to stay silent in the face of stuff like this:

you cant walk five yards in the town with out meeting some scobe with his hands down his pants glaring sideways at you, as if to say go on i'll burst ye.

Or this:

anywhere half decent in the city to go on a sunny day is always full of scumbags

or even this, dare I say it:

There was one dopey little ****er screaming at a group of girls, and they obliged him by screaming back about the size of his knob

Is it any wonder a person with pride in our city would be ****ing ****ed with ******* ******* **** ***?

While we're on the subject of having pride in our city, as mentioned by you, I refer you to the link to my photos of our town posted earlier by Limerick Dude, which I'll take the liberty of reproducing, if that's all right.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

While we're on the subject of having pride in our city, as mentioned by you, I refer you to the link to my photos of our town posted earlier by Limerick Dude, which I'll take the liberty of reproducing, if that's all right.

That's a fantastic collection, fair play :)

If you have access to Bebo, then you might enjoy some of these: Limerick Landmarks and Landscapes

And you might like some more of these

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Come on. This is your town, unless you happen to be a student who never heard of Poor Man's Kilkee and refers to it as a "little pier thing".

I'm not a student, and I've lived here all my life and never heard it refered to as "poor mans Kilkee"

krudler wrote: »
    I've lived here all my life and never heard it refered to as "poor mans Kilkee"

I'm guessing you're quite young, in that case.

And you might like some more of these

It's good to see we can agree on something :)

I'd say we could agree on a ****ing lot of **********ing things.

I'd say we could agree on a ****ing lot of **********ing things.

Is it really neccessary to curse? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Bock - tone it down, please.

Swear as much as you like on your blog, but boards.ie is a family website, so rein in your language.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'm guessing you're quite young, in that case.

28, whats that got to do with anything

Mr E wrote: »
    Bock - tone it down, please.

Swear as much as you like on your blog, but boards.ie is a family website, so rein in your language.

Cheers.

I didn't realise that a string of asterisks was swearing. Will I use ++++ing plusses instead?

krudler wrote: »
    28, whats that got to do with anything

The relevance is that I thought perhaps the name had died out in recent years, and if you were under 14 you might not have heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I don't give a crap about the stars. Its the annoying phuq phuq nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

What does bock the robber mean???

Mr E wrote: »
    I don't give a crap about the stars. Its the annoying phuq phuq nonsense.

The phuq phuq nonsense illustrates a point. Do you really think I go around talking like that for fun?

Obviously I will respect your policy, just as I expect people to respect my own comments policy, but it's time for a grown-up discussion about this PC fear of magic words.

Why precisely is a word that rhymes with truck unacceptable, while a word that rhymes with population is fine, even though their meaning is exactly the same?

Incidentally, does crap not mean exactly the same thing as a word that rhymes with hit, which is banned from this site?

We need to contemplate this kind of irrationality before we vanish into a vortex of PC irrelevance.

:rolleyes:

So, anyway, Limerick on a sunny day! I enjoyed it while it lasted. Looks like it'll be raining again before the end of the week though.

Perhaps. But think of all the other great things happening in Limerick this week.

For example, this is Pride Week. Support some of the events.

And after that, it's Tweak.

Lots more besides. Think of all the music gigs going on.

Get involved and be part of our town.

Limerick. It's &&&&&&&&&&ing &&&&!

Perhaps. But think of all the other great things happening in Limerick this week.

For example, this is Pride Week. Support some of the events.

And after that, it's Tweak.

Lots more besides. Think of all the music gigs going on.

Get involved and be part of our town.

Limerick. It's &&&&&&&&&&ing &&&&!

So was making the "I love Limerick" videos time consuming? :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    So was making the "I love Limerick" videos time consuming? :p

Now those "Im from Limerick" videos were so cringeworthy.....*shudders*

Now those "Im from Limerick" videos were so cringeworthy.....*shudders*

They were, but the "I love Limerick" vids are not the "I'm from Limerick" ones that was shown in the cinema years ago.

I think Irishvamp started a thread about them a few days ago with a link in it.

Ah come on. We've seen lots worse. It was a bit self-consciously defensive, but at least there weren't any Irish dancers or gobshi -- oops, not allowed -- gobbowelmovements, prancing around in front of the Treaty Stone telling us about Patrick Sarsfield.

PS Since the subject arose on this thread, I place the link here.

Advertisement